Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

7 minutes ago, Shawn said:

So the VT-1 might come with 4 figures?
HIkaru in Flight Suit + Minmei
and
Hikaru and Misa in the escape aftermath?
image.png.b29317a0bcde691f72c51734f8c8e412.png

i wonder how scary those tail fin clasps are going to be, can't say i use them on Arcadia VE-1 out of fear they'll ruin the thing.

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

From Tamashii Nations 2023. Part of Chogokin Celebration.

DSC_9230_-zSTrL9nLq3x5KyBxHjEoWkRFAlpY6HF.jpg

DSC_9236_With2Axzd1CFAtS9__OsQW1thuaYIToB.jpg

DSC_9237_FKpkJQ8mOtexnFIJnEXjwC1F652sh4TV.jpg

1 minute ago, MKT said:

DX Chogokin KC Dark Red version! :p

Bandai gonna totally show HG and HG-licensees how to properly do a bootleg variant of the VF-1...

:bump:

Wish Bandai also do a Joons homage...

:5:

26 minutes ago, treatment said:

Bandai gonna totally show HG and HG-licensees how to properly do a bootleg variant of the VF-1...

:bump:

:rofl::rofl:

Looking closer at that scheme though, its really odd to have a mishmash of clear and colored parts. Unless, the colored parts are really painted metal, and the clear parts are just unpainted plastic placeholders.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Super Ostrich is next. Yesss! 

0592AAF4-3D34-48E7-BBED-B375C698D0BE.jpeg.60ce61b136d2545ed575be47f1d4c41e.jpeg

8C1E7186-7C5A-4CD8-A085-7C6FF277AA1F.jpeg.245bbf1628682ece09f439c30295dede.jpeg

mr-bison-street-fighter.gif

YES.  SO MUCH YES.

That is gorgeous, and I need at least two.  Day is made! :D

I see they did add some extra tampo.. but those pack markings don't look too gaudy or clashing, so I think I'll give them a pass..  This time ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Is that it for 1/48??? 😶

I think for most people here, this is one of there most anticipated releases! It also opens the door that the VE-1 (Elintseeker) is around the corner!

2024 is going to be a great year with D.Y.R.L. 40th Anniversary, They will probably also complete the Skull Squadron next year!

I for myself am happy with this ONE release for 2024!

46 minutes ago, grogall said:

I think for most people here, this is one of there most anticipated releases! It also opens the door that the VE-1 (Elintseeker) is around the corner!

2024 is going to be a great year with D.Y.R.L. 40th Anniversary, They will probably also complete the Skull Squadron next year!

I for myself am happy with this ONE release for 2024!

Oh no, I've got nothing against this release.

But one release a year is quite thin, especially for new collectors. 

1 minute ago, Raikkonen said:

Oh no, I've got nothing against this release.

But one release a year is quite thin, especially for new collectors. 

Wasn't meant to be negative! I'm new to this series as well, having purchased the complete series this year, 2022 was really sad with no release at all. 

So already one really anticipated release already made my year. Let's see how the rest unfolds... Very hopeful 🤗

IMG_8053.jpg.518c966ed04a3b9800a56035b2dc8644.jpg

9 minutes ago, grogall said:

Wasn't meant to be negative! I'm new to this series as well, having purchased the complete series this year, 2022 was really sad with no release at all. 

So already one really anticipated release already made my year. Let's see how the rest unfolds... Very hopeful 🤗

IMG_8053.jpg.518c966ed04a3b9800a56035b2dc8644.jpg

But didn't you get these in Japan?

Bandai's original release and re-release timeline doesn't really help other new collectors that don't have the accessible to take a trip to Japan. 

Edited by Raikkonen

1 minute ago, Raikkonen said:

But didn't you get these in Japan?

Doesn't really help other new collectors that don't have the accessible to take a trip to Japan. 

Yes, except for the Focker and the hopefully soon to arrive (mechanic Edition) a was able to source them in Osaka. Yes since these are Japan exclusives I was glad to finally have the time to take a trip as far away from Oktoberfest as possible, so a return to Japan after almost 40 years was a nice trip. Didn't really anticipate being able to get all of these, VF-1S Focker and VF-1D would have made the trip alone, but since I was there I grabbed what I could! I'm a collector who likes a complete series, and still have all of my 1:55 Bandai rereleases from around 2000, and would have had a complete original 1982/3 release as well...😥

IMG_5787.jpg.6342c2d09fcc77f44b8eba247fcabf76.jpg

22 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I saw this last week when I was in japan, at the tamashi nations in akihabara

It said ships in 2023.11, was there a PO for this that we missed?

IMG_3852.jpeg

It was released this week for the lottery members, the next release is the Ostrich! It will probably have it's PO on Christmas like the VF-1D...

Edited by grogall

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, a bit ago.  I expect they kitbashed the display model out of VF-1D parts.

I was having some coffee and I just caught that & you're correct in that using some VF-1D parts would speed up a mockup display. B))

5 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Noticed the arms are on backwards (L/R), but also its a slightly new design with the circle on the inside
(the gunpod mount would be center of both arms, not on the outside)

image.png.5159d21c39cea644b753077feccbd276.png

not backwards, they are on both sides of the standard mold for the super/strike forearm armor, also used to secure the gun pod (if you could call it secure).

edit, but as you pointed out the mold does appear to be new with the circle, could be backwards, but the notches are normally on both sides.

Edited by levzloi
update

12 minutes ago, levzloi said:

not backwards, they are on both sides of the standard mold for the super/strike forearm armor, also used to secure the gun pod (if you could call it secure).

edit, but as you pointed out the mold does appear to be new with the circle, could be backwards, but the notches are normally on both sides.

The VT-1 does not really come with arm armors and/or arm accoutrements.  No gunpod, either. 

In contrast, the VF-1D and the VE-1 do have arm attachments (gunpod and radar thingies, respectively).

I guess only the old Bandai 1/55 VT-1 bizarrely came with arm armors...

Edited by treatment

Wow. I was waiting for this. I had better starting building up my caffeine intake to be up when the Ostritch PO goes live.

21 hours ago, grogall said:

Oh WOW! I actually thought it was too soon for this, Hence my comment from previous page. But very exited to finally be able to get one to replace my 1:55 Chunky Monkey my Mom gave away...😥

Um, I may have you sorted... :D

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/16592-155s-revisited/?do=findComment&comment=1679060

Edited by Radioguy