Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, jenius said:

When is the lottery for the 1S? After the event?

From

https://tamashii-nation.tamashiiweb.com/items/04.html

Sales period

Priority Lottery Sales for CTM (Ocean Stage and higher) 8/21 (Mon) 18:00 - 8/23 (Wed) 23:00

Lottery Sales for CTM (Sky Stage and higher) 8/25 (Fri) 12:00 - 8/28 (Mon) 23:00

Pre-event Lottery Sale9/1 (Fri) 12:00 - 9/5 (Tue) 23:00

Post-event Lottery Sale11/17 (Fri) 10:00

On 9/30/2023 at 12:30 AM, no3Ljm said:

Be careful what you wish for. :rolleyes:

Nippon-Yasan will rise back from the death and order some reissues to fulfill their 2018 orders. :spiteful:

Hahah.. i only realised over past week, that Moehime is likely to be NY 2.0. This being based on conversations that can be found online.

When Moehime came into the picture, some people got marketing e-mails from them on their e-mail accounts that were previously only registered for NY. 

If Moehime is indeed in Ehime prefecture, then I would say that there is a good chance that former NY employees may be involved.  I haven't been able to verify their address anywhere.  I haven't been pushed to buy from them to find out.  If they took control of the remaining NY stock, then they may owe some of us some items.  Although I doubt any of us would be able to get what NY owed.  :cray:

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Oh man is Moehime run by the same people as NY? If so, I'm definitely not going to order anything from them, ever.

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

If Moehime is indeed in Ehime prefecture, then I would say that there is a good chance that former NY employees may be involved.  I haven't been able to verify their address anywhere.  I haven't been pushed to buy from them to find out.  If they took control of the remaining NY stock, then they may owe some of us some items.  Although I doubt any of us would be able to get what NY owed.  :cray:

The online comments mention Moehime is apparently based in the same city NY used to be, and that when Moehime went live, their inventory was suspiciously similar to what NY had around the time they went down.

I ordered something in-stock from Moehime few days ago, the tracking shows that it is being posted out from Ibaraki Post Office in Osaka prefecture. 

So I made it back home all safe & sound! Sadly even after scouring three cities, I wasn't able to find a VF-1S Roy Focker Edition yet, but did find three movie strike parts.This morning I unboxed the first one, VF-1D, which I really liked for the colour! I can only say I'm more then pleased with what Bandai Spirits has done with the series! I do have the first Yamato VF-1A and a Strike Pack from which I bought in 2003, but these is a completely different league! I then unboxed the VF-1A HAYAO KAKIZAKI and added the movie strike parts. Since I never assembled any of these it took me over an hour just to figure out how to align everything, watching Macross DYRL in the background...😜. I then opened the VF-1J with the Armored parts! Which is something I never had before in my collection even back when I had my Chunky Monkey's back in 1984/85. It's a massive model and although the print is a little overdone, still one hell of a model! I was able to place 2 pre-orders for the Mechanical Edition, so anxiously awaiting those November/December. I'm Sure when the next release of the roy Focker is announced the First edition will be more readily available! but we will see... All in all a good haul since I started in Osaka where almost everything was available only having found the Movie Strike parts on my last day in Tokyo! Then having to scramble to find hard case storage units which would fit the lot, Ikea Japan too the rescue... Bought two large ones with covers and was able to package these and my Amiibo haul up for my luggage allotment I was able to take on the plane. Great thing that our Airport is busy dealing with Oktoberfest so I was able to clear the customs area with out having to pay anything! 🥵! All in All a very expensive trip but well worth it after the pandemic crap we have had to go through the last three years!

IMG_8008.jpg

Edited by grogall

35 minutes ago, grogall said:

So I made it back home all safe & sound! Sadly even after scouring three cities, I wasn't able to find a VF-1S Roy Focker Edition yet, but did find three movie strike parts.This morning I unboxed the first one, VF-1D, which I really liked for the colour! I can only say I'm more then pleases with what Bandai Spirits has done with the series! I do have the first Yamato VF-1S and a Strike Pack from which I bought in 2003, but these is a completely different league! I then unboxed the VF-1A HAYAO KAKIZAKI and added the movie strike parts. Since I never assembled any of these it toke me over an hour just to figure out how to align everything, watching Macross DYRL in the background...😜. I then opened the VF-1J with the Armored parts! Which is something I never had before in my collection even back when I had my Chunky Monkey's back in 1984/85. It's a massive model and although the print is a little overdone, still one hell of a model! I was able to place 2 pre-orders for the Mechanical Edition, so anxiously awaiting those November/December. I'm Sure when the next release of the roy Focker is announced the First edition will be more readily available! but we will see... All in all a good haul since I started in Osaka where almost everything was available only having found the Movie Strike parts on my last day in Tokyo! Then having to scramble to find hard case storage units which would fit the lot, Ikea Japan too the rescue... Bought two large ones with covers and was able to package these and my Amiibo haul up for my luggage allotment I was able to take on the plane. Great thing that our Airport is busy dealing with Oktoberfest so I was able to clear the customs area with out having to pay anything! 🥵! All in All a very expensive trip but well worth it after the pandemic crap we have had to go through the last three years!

IMG_8008.jpg

Great haul there :good:Having skipped customs tax and fees is already great savings!
I think in the coming weeks and months, Mandarake will be one of your best friends. :spiteful:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1156788320&lang=en

Edited by MKT

On 10/3/2023 at 4:40 PM, MKT said:

Great haul there :good:Having skipped customs tax and fees is already great savings!
I think in the coming weeks and months, Mandarake will be one of your best friends. :spiteful:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1156788320&lang=en

Thanks for your link! I found one for 39,000 yen brand new from a dealer in Ginza! So thanks for the link! so other then the Mechanic Edition I'm almost complete...

Looking back at all the release date there was nothing presented in 2022!? Hope they make up for it next year with D.Y.R.L. anniversary coming up next year!

I was looking at all the accessories I scored, was there ever any accserory released from another company that Bandai Spirits hasn't covered yet? I dd get the Yamato strike set with the mechanic detail back in 2003, but was there anything else for the VF-1's? I did se some line drawings of add-ons but nothing as models.

Just asking since we can never have too many accessories!  😜

IMG_8016.jpg

Nice time to be collecting for sure @grogall. Great you got Focker after all. :good:

Referring to accessories / add-ons, brands usually produce them only for their own line of valks. So for the DX Chogokin VF-1, you won’t find any add-ons aside from Bandai.

The only exception I can think of, are the Thunder Hammer inspired armor add-ons made by 3rd party Fext Hobby, but those are for Bandai’s smaller Hi-Metal R VF-1 range. 

12 minutes ago, MKT said:

Nice time to be collecting for sure @grogall. Great you got Focker after all. :good:

Referring to accessories / add-ons, brands usually produce them only for their own line of valks. So for the DX Chogokin VF-1, you won’t find any add-ons aside from Bandai.

The only exception I can think of, are the Thunder Hammer inspired armor add-ons made by 3rd party Fext Hobby, but those are for Bandai’s smaller Hi-Metal R VF-1 range. 

Thanks, sorry my English isn't perfect I was actually wandering what other accessories Bandai Spirit could make out of pictures from the movie or TV series that have not been realized yet!? I guess your mention of the Thunder Hammer or the atmospheric booster would be two...  But are they canon?

vf-1-booster.png

vf-1j-armoredgerwalk.png

Edited by grogall

@grogall The Thunder Hammer isn’t canon though. My understanding is that it was a fan-made design, first appeared in a model kit magazine (pic below), and then much later on adopted by Fext Hobby with quite a number of variations in color, minute accessories & fittings to fit the single & dual-seat VF-1 variants.

F84EF46B-CFFD-4652-8272-B70169BB36A4.jpeg.b1f0ebed04b44f02837887abdcb7f937.jpeg

The Atmospheric Booster though is canon. It appeared right at the beginning of the Episode 30 of the TV series. Fext-Hobby was also considering producing this, but sadly it fell through.

As to the second image in your post - the Armored-Gerwalk, I think that is an unused concept art so it is not canon.

What other accessories for the Vf-1 wish list? Not much, perhaps ones like a baby pod, or the little repair arms..

Edited by MKT

So I'm receiving my VF-1S Roy Focker Special on Friday, I was wandering is this the TV or Movie version, or does it really mater? Was there any differences between the two...

Bandai released the TV Super Parts almost at the same time as this Valk. So it would indicate its a TV version.

605023-2__14036.jpg

14 minutes ago, grogall said:

So I'm receiving my VF-1S Roy Focker Special on Friday, I was wandering is this the TV or Movie version, or does it really mater? Was there any differences between the two...

Bandai released the TV Super Parts almost at the same time as this Valk. So it would indicate its a TV version.

605023-2__14036.jpg

It's the TV version, per the included specific Roy pilot:

9ec46cc9-s.jpg.f076698931c6257f6ba9a1a25bf70479.jpg

sample pic from https://hacchaka.net/archives/52064122.html

1 hour ago, grogall said:

or does it really mater? Was there any differences between the two...

With the Bandai 1/48s between SDFM and DYRL, the heads are slightly different, the pilots are different, the number and type of hand included are different, and the tampo is different.  Most people seem to feel that Bandai went way overboard with the tampo on the DYRL valks. 

16 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they reissue it or a DYRL version at some point.  If that happens, the TV version will probably start cropping up all over the secondary market.

I'm sure the second release is imminent, since this was there faste's selling model! Maybe the will release it as a complete set with Strike Parts (Mechanic Edition), Missiles. and the Armour that they teases us with three years ago... DHL just sent a message the my Roy Focker Special is actually arriving today... 🤗

Edited by grogall

1 minute ago, Angesdad said:

The OCD in me is triggered by this incomplete presentation of the DYRL skull squad.:crazy: Seriously, a nice pack & looking good dude!

Thanks, not my fault that it's incomplete, after all what happened to this? Bandai is such a Teese....

a889d71b.jpg