Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

8 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

That is an amazing piece! I've never found one low enough in price yet(crossing fingers). did you buy the kits and put together or a finished one?

I bought all the volumes and put them together adding paint on the strike parts and some extra details. Was a real fun project.

IMG_1428.jpg

Got it in today, kind of wish it had different options for pilots ( would love two rank and file pilots ). But just the weight difference between this and my Arcadia Elintseeker makes it feel really nice to hold! its wild to me the other VF-1s don't have the battroid egress seats? regardless, i really hope they do the Elintseeker and Super Ostrich now! that stand though.... going to have to print a better one now.

1 hour ago, R0P3-F15H said:

I can’t get over how good this thing looks!!

it just feels great to play with and i think ive transformed it back and forth about five times now? i might have to get more... 😓

D90BE037-ABBF-4EE4-987D-640B76DCC0C7.jpeg

I'm with you completely. It's my favorite. (Not that I have more than two DX valks atm!)

When I handle it and transform it, I love it, but also start to get a little annoyed that we haven't gotten a VE-1 or VT-1 as well. I feel like the Trainer, Elint, and Ostritch are the cream of the crop for special Valk designs from that era of Macross. To a blind man, the others would generally feel the same build despite head changes and fastpacks or GBP armor. The VF-1D feels just nicer, and ya got that racer too...

8 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

I'm with you completely. It's my favorite. (Not that I have more than two DX valks atm!)

When I handle it and transform it, I love it, but also start to get a little annoyed that we haven't gotten a VE-1 or VT-1 as well. I feel like the Trainer, Elint, and Ostritch are the cream of the crop for special Valk designs from that era of Macross. To a blind man, the others would generally feel the same build despite head changes and fastpacks or GBP armor. The VF-1D feels just nicer, and ya got that racer too...

it is wild to me we got an angel birds and not the VT-1 or VE-1, as far as fan favorite obscure valk's go. Its also just wild to me that

VF-1D is the only one with the Battroid Egress Seat?
The TV and Movie variants only come with 2 TV style fixed pose hands ( while the VF-1D comes with all of them? )
The display stand is still the really disappointing hexagon but first releases had really nice display stands that could bank! ( And older DX toys had more specific display stands )
No missiles with the missile set having been a one time exclusive, it is baffling they didn't include respective missiles for TV and Movie sets
Non-regular releases, i know Chogokin is the high end line that sees limited releases but still.... maybe with the whole big west and HG deal we'll see more?
The weird issue with Super part configuration in fighter mode not having proper connections.
And lastly, for some, no white landing gears ( im not bothered by it but it would be nice to )

Otherwise its a solid toy, and i think it'd be perfect if they at least included a few more things!

12 hours ago, R0P3-F15H said:

I can’t get over how good this thing looks!!

it just feels great to play with and i think ive transformed it back and forth about five times now? i might have to get more... 😓

Forget the 1D..where did you get that kite stand?!

On 8/16/2023 at 11:54 PM, Phangry said:

Honestly, I'd have even settled for a second Hikaru to put in the Fan Racer...

I think I stole one of from my 1/60 Yammie 1Ds to pop in he fan racer- I always have it in battroid mode, so I felt I could get away with it. 

It's actually really helpful for them to have not glued that, so I haven't minded.  Makes it really easy to pull out to paint or decal it, or in the case of Roy's, you can pretty easily convert it between TV and DYRL versions by swapping the instrument panels.

Still some other minor differences, but since Bandai seems like they have no interest in making a DYRL Roy, I'm happy to swap a few parts here and there.  I just need a spare DYRL pilot to paint, and I should be good. ^_^ 

9 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It's actually really helpful for them to have not glued that, so I haven't minded.  Makes it really easy to pull out to paint or decal it, or in the case of Roy's, you can pretty easily convert it between TV and DYRL versions by swapping the instrument panels.

Still some other minor differences, but since Bandai seems like they have no interest in making a DYRL Roy, I'm happy to swap a few parts here and there.  I just need a spare DYRL pilot to paint, and I should be good. ^_^ 

Ahhh i see! i feel the same actually.. i oughta do some detailing now ah hah!

On 8/19/2023 at 6:24 AM, R0P3-F15H said:

it is wild to me we got an angel birds and not the VT-1 or VE-1, as far as fan favorite obscure valk's go. Its also just wild to me that

VF-1D is the only one with the Battroid Egress Seat?
The TV and Movie variants only come with 2 TV style fixed pose hands ( while the VF-1D comes with all of them? )
The display stand is still the really disappointing hexagon but first releases had really nice display stands that could bank! ( And older DX toys had more specific display stands )
No missiles with the missile set having been a one time exclusive, it is baffling they didn't include respective missiles for TV and Movie sets
Non-regular releases, i know Chogokin is the high end line that sees limited releases but still.... maybe with the whole big west and HG deal we'll see more?
The weird issue with Super part configuration in fighter mode not having proper connections.
And lastly, for some, no white landing gears ( im not bothered by it but it would be nice to )

Otherwise its a solid toy, and i think it'd be perfect if they at least included a few more things!

My Bandai DX VF-1J with GBP-1S Armor set also includes the Battroid egress seat.

On 8/20/2023 at 3:44 AM, R0P3-F15H said:

Its a stand i made and printed! stand arm is printed pointed 'up' with gyroid infil to keep it sturdy! i actually didn't intend for it to work with battroid but it does!

Its a beautiful stand to go with a beautiful valk 👍. This 3D printing skillz are making me jelly...

Any concerns on the stand over the long run? I.e. material integrity over the long run...

5 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Its a beautiful stand to go with a beautiful valk 👍. This 3D printing skillz are making me jelly...

Any concerns on the stand over the long run? I.e. material integrity over the long run...

So long as its printed in PETG long term it should be fine, and so long as it is printed with gyroid infil it'll be solid, though the stand requires to be glued together! its pretty much sized the the  default DX base including pretty close to the original's center of gravity.

I'm currently working on printing one in clear PETG to, which is a much longer print at about twenty four hours and some change.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:54 PM, Phangry said:

Honestly, I'd have even settled for a second Hikaru to put in the Fan Racer...

I really wish they would have sold the Fan Racer separately. I really like the VF-1D but not enough to buy one now that its 350+ since I missed the boat on it. 

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

CE77DB6F-5017-48D6-9175-CBCF5A357CFE.jpeg.27207722df00a060f92f54e9b55e28ff.jpeg

Is this the Mechanic Edition or whatever it is? Whats the story with this? Im not versed in Macross enough to know why its limited edition. 

4 hours ago, R0P3-F15H said:

image.png.08b626ba59bcc442530bea8324dfda64.png
IS that the correct 001 on a separate tail fin? 🤔

I think it is the correct edition on the toy with the incorrect version as an add-on (for thsoe who want this consistent with their other previously incorrect modex numbers on their DYRL toys.

Next up- Bandai sells replacement fin with corrected modex for all the previous DYRL DX toys as TWE. Only $50 each!

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

I think it is the correct edition on the toy with the incorrect version as an add-on (for thsoe who want this consistent with their other previously incorrect modex numbers on their DYRL toys.

Next up- Bandai sells replacement fin with corrected modex for all the previous DYRL DX toys as TWE. Only $50 each!

This reminds me the cases when some miss printed item goes to the public only for several years be discovered and its value reach high levels of economy/collectable value.

US_Airmail_inverted_Jenny_24c_1918_issue.jpg.8477772c3f685f8a01f7faa4c5f996ef.jpg

Edited by Froy

4 minutes ago, Froy said:

This reminds me the cases when some miss printed item goes to the public only for several years be discovered and its value reach high levels of economy/collectable value.

US_Airmail_inverted_Jenny_24c_1918_issue.jpg.8477772c3f685f8a01f7faa4c5f996ef.jpg

'Because I was inverted!'  :rofl:

5 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

I really wish they would have sold the Fan Racer separately. I really like the VF-1D but not enough to buy one now that its 350+ since I missed the boat on it. 

Is this the Mechanic Edition or whatever it is? Whats the story with this? Im not versed in Macross enough to know why its limited edition. 

I know, I know, I don't want to be labeled a shill for them, but they do have it and it's the one thing I ever ordered from them, and it actually arrived fine.

https://premiumlunapark.com/collections/macross/products/dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-japan-version

Thanks for the video!

Nice to see it in action, look forward to picking on up on Yahoo Japan with a $150 buyer surcharge  😛

Would have been nice to see the Strike cannon and the arm have some details.

A super bonus would have been to include 4 box missiles then the entire thing could be a self-contained DYRL final battle representation.
(since they ditched the 2nd normal missile rack and have strike parts only, it is finale exclusive anyways, so just charge a little more and make it 100% complete)

Was thinking that soon it might be a good time for buyers to pick up a 2nd (or 3rd) VF-1S when these hit the markets

Current price for solo VF-1S are more than 30,000 yen right now.
With these hitting when you can get a Valk and Special/Normal Parts for 33,000 (locally) then it will surely drive some price adjustments for the single valks

Oof... looks like it doesn't even come with the second missile pack though.  Just the strike cannon, and one spare clear one.  Considering they're not actually symmetrical, I wonder which one they're actually including.

Hope you don't plan on using the packs on something else. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Oof... looks like it doesn't even come with the second missile pack though.  Just the strike cannon, and one spare clear one.  Considering they're not actually symmetrical, I wonder which one they're actually including.

Hope you don't plan on using the packs on something else. :rolleyes: 

the extra tail fin, duh! that Toooooooooooottally makes up for it! come on all these people asking Bandai to make fixes to that mistake and they finally did it, you should be much more grateful!

/s

no but really, just make a full set pack Bandai. please. you did it once you can do it again im sure. There is /money/ on the table for a TV/Movie version with just everything... fully loaded lets frakking go.

🤦‍♀️

19 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

Why does this have to be a exclusive limited to 3 people... Tamashi Bandai is bringing to Europe all it's Frontier and Delta as well the YF-19 DXs, but is leaving out the most important one... this one... 

I kinda think now, that international DYRL fans are the most screwed from BW-HG deal.

BW can't bring TV VF-1s outside Japan, but at least on HG side there are other quality brands now like Threezero covering that. But movie VF-1 schemes are still very much in international purgatory and limited to JP only.