What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

On 8/30/2023 at 7:07 PM, SteveTheFish said:

Does anyone here have the old Arii 1:72 Glaug? I've never seen it myself; only pictures. About three times per year, there is a mook series called Hobby Japan Vintage which showcases old kits from the Showa Period. There was one about Imai's Macross and another one about all kits from the three Super Dimensional series and that one showed all the Arii Macross kits. (No coverage for the Nichmo Macross kits, unfortunately.) 

The proportions on the Arii Glaug look decent. Proportions are often the weak points of Arii's kits, like the lame feet of their 1:72 Armored Valkyrie or the blockyness of their 1:100 Destroids. 

I believe so , my good sir. Will double check over the weekend as my tomorrow (Friday) is quite busy. It's unbuilt and in the box.

11 minutes ago, GMK said:

Here for the inevitable Gnerl speculation:)

That would be an easy one for them, indeed! I'd definitely buy a few for my ongoing hangar project. Let's just not hold our breath!

The Heavy Missile Regult box art is really fantastic! I just ordered two, along with back ordering two Light Missile kits, since I was slow to buy those. I’m surprised HLJ shows the Recon Scout version as discontinued already. I missed that one too - been a busy year and just didn’t get around to it. It’s available elsewhere, so I can get it (for about double the price), but I’m regretting not buying one when I saw them in hobby shops in Tokyo last month.

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

I'd like to see them do the Zentraedi fleet ships. I have all of the old Arii kits besides Kamjin's ship. Breetai's ship is too short and not proportional. It would be cool to see these as kits, but I've no idea how profitable they may be.

If you follow Tenjin's Twitter/X account, he posted the boxart featuring the Gnerl in the background. Someone commented about it and he hinted that it may be a possible future offering. Take it with a grain of salt because I was reading it through the automated English translation. 

6 hours ago, Thom said:

There is the 1/8000 resin kit of Breetai's ship out there. Incredible looking, if pricey.

I got to know a man at Won Fes in Chiba several years ago who made garage kits of Zentraedi ships. I didn't buy any, but rather I bought his Lovely Angel ship from Dirty Pair. He introduced me to the founder of Studio Nue and his wife since he knows I'm a Macross fan. I felt unprepared because I hadn't known the founder's name prior to meet him, and I forgot his name soon afterwards.

17 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

If you follow Tenjin's Twitter/X account, he posted the boxart featuring the Gnerl in the background. Someone commented about it and he hinted that it may be a possible future offering. Take it with a grain of salt because I was reading it through the automated English translation. 

This is what I was talking about. I didn't have time to post it.

https://twitter.com/TENJIN_hidetaka/status/1697229910031602059

Tenjin.png.a7c344406d6e14df6efc8dda53f6e91a.png

On 9/2/2023 at 7:21 AM, Gabe Q said:

It could end being part of HMR. 

On 8/30/2023 at 7:07 PM, SteveTheFish said:

The proportions on the Arii Glaug look decent. Proportions are often the weak points of Arii's kits, like the lame feet of their 1:72 Armored Valkyrie or the blockyness of their 1:100 Destroids. 

As per your request, here are a few pics . As i said before, it's unbuilt and in the box. Judging proportions doesn't really work, unless it's built obviously. But it may be interesting to see anyhow. For comparison of scale , I've laid out a few of the same pieces side by side from my 1/72 Moscato Glaug.  
30EAE47F-5D9F-44BE-A961-84712115AEB2.jpeg.5025462ba6643134d3da5226d27f858c.jpeg0C9D9F58-00B2-4AE2-9A6E-39C70643E5BE.jpeg.f6eee3c168f760c433987e08ee67da2e.jpegE641FBE5-3E61-40CF-88AB-FD62DDCBE399.jpeg.a62477fe0ebdfda237585c64180fdda0.jpegFA5C6463-4EA7-495D-9B83-F50104F46203.jpeg.c7b4afbfd9f285c88fc69a0180d57c49.jpeg58DA2E20-0731-41B2-86A1-F9DBB52C2D1C.jpeg.9383e766526823de8e0166c5974da2e5.jpeg

Thanks for the pics! That resin kit looks considerably larger for sure. Is there a clear part for the mono eye lens? The 1:100 scale Glaug by Imai did not, but I believe their Regult came later and it had a clear part for the lens. Some of the Arii kits have nice surface detail, but once built they look off. Their proportions are not as nice as the Imai kits have.

BTW, what is "HMR?" Sorry for the newb question.

On 9/3/2023 at 8:48 AM, SteveTheFish said:

Yes, some commenters are hoping that the appearance of the fighter pod would be foreshadowing. I do believe that Hasegawa has done this in the past. Maybe with the Crusher Joe kits. I cannot remember.

By that logic we would have a ghost X-9 by now, as it is shown on the YF-21 box art.

@SteveTheFish HMR = High Metal R - bandai toy line.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

here are a couple pics from a stock glaug to a slightly modified glaug-it still looks pretty dang good for being 40 years old

https://don37.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/07/15/233947

https://don37.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/07/27/195719

https://don37.hatenablog.com/entry/2019/08/13/135131

Thanks for sharing. It was clever how he used those Wave support parts to modify the leg joints. That way the parts can be painted separately, then assembled. The joint can now pivot, too. I liked what he was doing with the UV resin to do the eye. Unfortunately, he didn't show a close-up of the part after the UV resin had cured. My idea is to cram Oyumaru into the camera eye to make a mold, cut out the center, then put the mold into place and backfill it with UV resin. I could maybe create a socket for a red 3mm LED to go behind it to light it too.

I should put in a good word for a YouTube modeler in NZ who goes by "Duck Playing Chicken" who lights up Macross and Yamato kits. He lit the Hasegawa Regult kit and showed how he had also done the same for the old Bandai repop of the Imai Regult. I think the next one I wanna light would be the Defender kit by Bandai/Imai. Have the AA guns blazing and the spotlights on.

Oh man... I am so tempted to attend the All-Japan show. I haven't been there in years, especially because of the mask requirements. Now that that's over, I'd like to attend again. I'd have to take a Friday off from work though to attend on press day.

35 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

I just noticed that they're releasing a Max version battroid to pair up with the Q-Rau. Pretty cool!

Maybe they'll release a TV version pair down the road and we can recreate this scene.

MvsM.png.a6783a3633209f5897b7b7c8af14f9ae.png

Instead we get to reproduce this!0A12C582-83D5-47A1-ADBA-44DEB04786E9.png.3d411ccdc486a74fc0a0ab29297f6a87.png

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

Oh hell ya!! This is a dream come true! Hasegawa be killing it now. :yahoo:I'll be preordering these up!

They really are. I’m probably gonna hold off on a Max blue just because I have a feeling they’re gonna reuse this mold and add new decals and a Max figure to go with it.

52 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Shut up and take my money | Take my money meme, Money meme, Take my money

Where are the PO links??? 😁

Hobbysearch has it for just over $33

Edited by Big s
I really didn’t look anywhere else since I didn’t expect to see anything new, then was absolutely shocked to see the preorder. I just instantly preordered without thought. I did eventually check the cost in the confirmation email. Luckily for anyone inte,