Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

8 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Looks good! You're also the only other person I've seen that has posted a pic using the alternate destroyed pylon parts. Or at least I don't recall ever seeing someone else post pics of it. 

Did you decide against using the photo etch parts in the end?

The only reason I went with the Assembly Kit was to get the blown up cannons.:D I would have gotten another PF otherwise and avoided all the hassle and the lower quality of the Assembly Kit if someone just sold the blown up cannons.:(

Yeah, I wasn't a fan. And I wanted to have it kinda match the PF. So that was an easy choice.

Edited by sqidd

10 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

Can the premium finish cannons be removed and replaced by the damaged model version?

They may be able to be removed. But the only way to get the damaged ones is to get the Assembly Kit. And they're unpainted resin.

I'd much rather have a PF than the Assembly Kit but with some optional blown off guns. The Assembly kit is not as refined as the PF (it's a gen 1 Yamato after all). I'd always wanted one with the blown off guns and only just recently pulled the trigger on it because I have a painter that can do this sort of work for me now. I can't/ don't care to learn how to paint well. i'm also really sensitive to chemicals, paint, etc. Seems like a nightmare to me.

• 3 months later...

I apologize if this has been asked before but is there anyway to keep the glow in the dark effects ongoing in the dark? Ive heard of those UV lights but apparently those arent ideal for displays even though there are sites like this that seem to sell uv strip light kits. https://www.thelukelight.com/products/copy-of-main-kit-uv-tone-usb-light-suitable-for-detolf.

Id love to have that glow in the dark effect persist but not at the risk of doing damage to my collectables.

Well, you can also charge it with X-rays, but those are even worse for causing browning. Plus the health issues.

FYI, you can charge it up with normal visible light. I use UV free LEDs.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, you can also charge it with X-rays, but those are even worse for causing browning. Plus the health issues.

FYI, you can charge it up with normal visible light. I use UV free LEDs.

Yeah I have bright white led strips in my cabinets, I was just wondering if there was a day for me to keep the glow in the dark effect persistent throughout the night

15 hours ago, Chunky001 said:

That's the rub. You need UV to charge the glow in the dark effects. But you don't want to subject your toys to UV.

Yeah thats what I figured. I heard back from the guy who runs that site I linked and he said that the lights they use are low power but I still think constant UV light on the figures wont be ideal. Especially on such a premium figure like the sdf-1

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Froy said:

There seems to be empty space on the left side of the booth.

Hopes it is for the VF-5000.

I think Mr. K already mentioned VF-5000 will not be part of WonderFest since there was no update from the last time they displayed it as per @treatment's post on the What's next for Arcadia thread. They just displayed what they're going to release (reissue) this year. So VF-5000 probably will be a 2025 thing instead of 2024(?)

Edited by no3Ljm

11 minutes ago, treatment said:

iirc, @Lolicon had a bunch of HLJ discounts to use at the time of ordering his PF. 

Lucky timing, I guess...

Indeed I did. HLJ was way more generous with their discounts back then.

SDF-1invoice.JPG.3c88f631b532b05a4949797620e5ba01.JPG

However, the yen is much weaker now than it was back then. The average yen to dollar ratio in 2017 was 112 to 1, making my PF SDF-1 about $435 back then.

49200 yen as of today is only $326.