Jump to content

BANDAI DX YF-19!!


seti88

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Just keep airflow, humidity, and wall temperature in mind.  After living in my house for a couple of years, I found that my outside walls aren't insulated (just block with an air gap to the plaster) and the books and manga I had against them were moldy.  :shok::cray:

Interior closet in California, with the doors closed, stays more consistent temperature than the rest of the condo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My spare YF-19 is still in my storage room along with a lot of other stuff that I haven’t had a chance to open.  I need to open the YF-19 and do some poses from Macross Plus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! New here! Hope everyone is having a great day. 

Anyone know good places to purchase the DX YF-19 and that ship to the US?  

I tried looking on amazon.co.jp and mandarake, but those are either sold out or do the sellers do not ship to the US.

There's quite a few of them on ebay, but the prices seem a little too expensive especially for the used/preowned ones. Do you recommend buying from ebay/second hand sellers when it comes to these figures? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dinosaur said:

Hello! New here! Hope everyone is having a great day. 

Anyone know good places to purchase the DX YF-19 and that ship to the US?  

I tried looking on amazon.co.jp and mandarake, but those are either sold out or do the sellers do not ship to the US.

There's quite a few of them on ebay, but the prices seem a little too expensive especially for the used/preowned ones. Do you recommend buying from ebay/second hand sellers when it comes to these figures? 

One option is to post in the Wanted thread here:

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/10-wanted/

Maybe someone is looking to sell one and they can hook you up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dinosaur said:

Anyone know good places to purchase the DX YF-19 and that ship to the US?  

I tried looking on amazon.co.jp and mandarake, but those are either sold out or do the sellers do not ship to the US.

Do you recommend buying from ebay/second hand sellers when it comes to these figures? 

Welcome! In addition to Mandrake, I suggest Jungle - their prices are slightly higher, but they are a reliable online store.

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/

Also I would recommend you check Mandrake and Jungle daily. Sometimes it's timing and luck to find something they've listed you want, in stock, and at a decent price. Good hunting!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're going to pay around ¥45k to ¥50k for a DX YF-19 Full Set @Dinosaur and possibly ¥35k to ¥44k for a DX YF-19 Advanced. 

Differences are noted on @jenius' blog at Scorched Earth Toys and check out his YouTube Channel under the same name. 

Good thing that you passed over the listing I posted on the previous page at ¥50k... You're going pay the mega late tax on this bird if you get it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, borgified said:

You're going to pay around ¥45k to ¥50k for a DX YF-19 Full Set @Dinosaur and possibly ¥35k to ¥44k for a DX YF-19 Advanced. 

Differences are noted on @jenius' blog at Scorched Earth Toys and check out his YouTube Channel under the same name. 

Good thing that you passed over the listing I posted on the previous page at ¥50k... You're going pay the mega late tax on this bird if you get it. 

Big fan of @jenius's videos and, yeah, his review really made me lean more towards getting the DX YF-19 Full Set.

The prices you gave me for the YF-19 Full Set sound about right for it. I want to get it new, but it seems like the used/preowned ones are going for that amount... 

I might just have to miss out on this one or wait for a re-release (which is starting to seem unlikely, but they did it for the Roy Focker VF-1S so who knows?). Still gonna keep searching!

 

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

Welcome! In addition to Mandrake, I suggest Jungle - their prices are slightly higher, but they are a reliable online store.

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/

Also I would recommend you check Mandrake and Jungle daily. Sometimes it's timing and luck to find something they've listed you want, in stock, and at a decent price. Good hunting!

 

Thank you for the welcome and the recommendations!

Do you know how much shipping normally goes for with these kinds of sites? 

Edited by Dinosaur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Dinosaur -  There's a 5% additional (processing) fee on Jungle's items as they have to do the proper paperwork before shipping it outside Japan for overseas customers and DHL shipping for now given this present situation (Japan and Taiwan is now under a tighter lockdown as the infection numbers are getting higher if you haven noticed). 

Shipping by DHL us not going to be cheap as I got a Yammie 1/60 DYRL Max for  ¥21.5k and the DHL fees was ¥4.3k to get it shipped to British Columbia (total almost ¥29k complete). 

The bigger the box or heavier it gets, it's going to add on price of the item your getting. 

Edited by borgified
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, could always post in the Wanted section, people here might be willing to let one go.

Heck, I've got 4, and only one's come out of the plastic trays. Doubt I'm alone in having spares either.

Thank you for your response! 

Just finished the Wanted post for it. Here's hoping I get lucky! 
 

1 minute ago, borgified said:

@Dinosaur -  There's a 5% additional (processing) fee on Jungle's items as they have to do the proper paperwork before shipping it outside Japan for overseas customers and DHL shipping for now given this present situation (Japan and Taiwan is now under a tighter lockdown as the infection numbers are getting higher if you haven noticed). 

Shipping by DHL us not going to be cheap as I got a Yammie 1/60 DYRL Max for  ¥21.5k and the DHL fees was ¥4.5k to get it shipped to British Columbia (total almost ¥29k complete). 

The bigger the box or heavier it gets, it's going to add on price of the item your getting. 

I understand!

I'll definitely keep searching and check on the prices. Thank you again for your help! 

This community is really kind and helpful! :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, could always post in the Wanted section, people here might be willing to let one go.

Heck, I've got 4, and only one's come out of the plastic trays. Doubt I'm alone in having spares either.

Hi.

Thank you for. your.  advice, I just did the same as I'm looking for the same one.

Have a nice day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Anybody else see a youtube video of someone possibly getting a replacement wing on the leg that keeps popping off from Bandai? The video was in Japanese and at the end of the video there was a card from Bandai Spirits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's an old vid @Macand you've got to check the dates in that as this is a 3 year old valk and it's out of production. I believe that this was the card that was shown and posted by @onnasake on page 109, dated October 24, 2018. 

 

 

 

 

 

Screenshot 2021-07-13 115518.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Atheonyirh said:

So is there a source of extra hardpoints to share the love from the YF-19's arsenal with my DX 31A, YF-29, and Draken III? Not finding anything on Shapeways so far.

It looks like DX YF-19's missiles and pylons can be fit to DX VF-31's and DX Drakens as per @jenius photos in his YF/VF-19 review.

Bandai-DX-YF-19-25.jpg

Bandai-DX-YF-19-24.jpg

 

However, I can't remember if YF-29 have slots for pylons under its wings. Same goes for DX VF-25 Renewals. If you're looking for pylons to attach to, you can check @Xigfrid's Shapeway for DX Missiles and Pylons here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/xigfrid3dshop?section=Missiles+and+Pylons+DX+compatible&s=0

You can also check this thread for Missile/Ordnance for DX toys here: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It looks like DX YF-19's missiles and pylons can be fit to DX VF-31's and DX Drakens as per @jenius photos in his YF/VF-19 review.

Bandai-DX-YF-19-25.jpg

Bandai-DX-YF-19-24.jpg

 

However, I can't remember if YF-29 have slots for pylons under its wings. Same goes for DX VF-25 Renewals. If you're looking for pylons to attach to, you can check @Xigfrid's Shapeway for DX Missiles and Pylons here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/xigfrid3dshop?section=Missiles+and+Pylons+DX+compatible&s=0

You can also check this thread for Missile/Ordnance for DX toys here: 

 

Yeah, I knew from Jenius's reviews that the hardpoints work. Just a lot more missiles than hardpoints, so I was hoping to find hardpoint pylons that fit the YF-19's weapons, just the part that clips/pegs onto the wing and a missile or rack attaches to, to use more of the weapons across more aircraft rather than the 6 it comes with (and the dedicated reaction missile racks, I guess). I'd actually remembered Xigfrid's shop from before but it looks like he only has hardpoint pylons to fit his specific printed missiles, not generic ones as it were. Unless I've managed to miss something in looking around, which I'll admit could be the case.

Uh, I guess to be more clear, these lil' guys in specific:image.png.c329ebfddefb02d8056a0c1a759125a3.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

Yeah, I knew from Jenius's reviews that the hardpoints work. Just a lot more missiles than hardpoints, so I was hoping to find hardpoint pylons that fit the YF-19's weapons, just the part that clips/pegs onto the wing and a missile or rack attaches to, to use more of the weapons across more aircraft rather than the 6 it comes with (and the dedicated reaction missile racks, I guess). I'd actually remembered Xigfrid's shop from before but it looks like he only has hardpoint pylons to fit his specific printed missiles, not generic ones as it were. Unless I've managed to miss something in looking around, which I'll admit could be the case.

Uh, I guess to be more clear, these lil' guys in specific:image.png.c329ebfddefb02d8056a0c1a759125a3.png

Got it. So the one you circled I think those can be fit with the VF-31 and the Draken. However, since you mentioned YF-29 on your original post, then that's something you need from Shapeways or anyone who done it before and glue it on the wings (YF-29's & VF-25's). The other way of doing it in case there's none of that available at Shapeways, try to reach out to @Xigfrid or anyone in the Ordnance thread who does 3D stuff and maybe they can do a quick file and send it to Shapeways. Or, you can recast those mounts with DIY Resins.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Got it. So the one you circled I think those can be fit with the VF-31 and the Draken. However, since you mentioned YF-29 on your original post, then that's something you need from Shapeways or anyone who done it before and glue it on the wings (YF-29's & VF-25's). The other way of doing it in case there's none of that available at Shapeways, try to reach out to @Xigfrid or anyone in the Ordnance thread who does 3D stuff and maybe they can do a quick file and send it to Shapeways. Or, you can recast those mounts with DIY Resins.

 

Yeah, I know they can fit to both. Just a matter of having enough to go around and be a little ordinance fairy. I'll pop in over there and check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...