Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Story or the Mechs? ;)

At first for the Mechs and their realistic CGI and dog fights, I really like it in Blu-Ray version! But after that, I began to like it for its story because it was subtlety mixed in Frontier (in TV episodes mainly) and also it gives Macross 7 a better understanding.

Zero is just a must see if you want to enjoy the other series.

Wait. What? No 3 modes again this time, Spanner? ;)

yeah nahhh not this time.. I think one is enough. Besides i have been spending way too much money lately anyways.. there ain't much left in the bank these days. -_-:rolleyes:

Hahaha! That's good for me, Spanner. 5 months in and I'm still not fully paid on the last purchases. Hehehe. :lol:

Good thing I'm not getting the 0A. Just waiting for the 0S here. :rolleyes:

Im still not happy that its going to be another 5 months away at least but I do see the point many make regarding their cash flow situation. If I was buying multiples then it would be different but buying only a single one then 5 months is too long a time to wait. I guess I just gotta be patient then eh! <_<-_-

Oh man, such an expensive year.

Hahaha! :lol: Wait till next year's Delta Valks. I'm in as long that there's a Red and Black stripe motif valk coming out. ;)

At first for the Mechs and their realistic CGI and dog fights, I really like it in Blu-Ray version! But after that, I began to like it for its story because it was subtlety mixed in Frontier (in TV episodes mainly) and also it gives Macross 7 a better understanding.

Zero is just a must see if you want to enjoy the other series.

That's true. ;) But I will need a heavy convincing to rewatch M7 again. :lol:

yeah nahhh not this time.. I think one is enough. Besides i have been spending way too much money lately anyways.. there ain't much left in the bank these days. -_-:rolleyes:

Im still not happy that its going to be another 5 months away at least but I do see the point many make regarding their cash flow situation. If I was buying multiples then it would be different but buying only a single one then 5 months is too long a time to wait. I guess I just gotta be patient then eh! <_<-_-

Hahaha! I really feel you, Spanner. ;) Compared to us who just can afford a single valk from time to time. The big month gaps really help a lot paying the debt. Hehehe. :lol:

Oh wait... I forgot, I still buy some other figs. I really need a wallet breather. Hahaha! :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

I don't get why Acadia keeps teasing us with toys with all these markings on the prototypes, but give us just bare plastic toys with maybe a UN Kite symbol is all :(

Why don't people cry foul and complain about mis-representation on Acadia's part - or is it just Bandai is evil and Acadia-can-do-no-wrong! - argh :5:

I don't get why Acadia keeps teasing us with toys with all these markings on the prototypes, but give us just bare plastic toys with maybe a UN Kite symbol is all :(

Why don't people cry foul and complain about mis-representation on Acadia's part - or is it just Bandai is evil and Acadia-can-do-no-wrong! - argh :5:

They're decals, can you not see it? Not even trimmed decals.

And a few extra markings isn't like showing a VF-19 that is transformed in a way that is completely impossible on the real toy.

And a few extra markings isn't like showing a VF-19 that is transformed in a way that is completely impossible on the real toy.

Well, If they are decals, where are these waterslide decals in the box then?!

Are you referring to the wing root tabs over the leg fastpacks? That's small potatoes IMHO... or is there something else I'm missing.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i can't wait to get this x2. actually i can wait bc it's prob going to sit in the arcadia brown shipper box for a while

WM Cheng, those are stickers that are applied in the pics. If you look close enough you can see that they are not even trimmed up either. The stickers are included on a sticker sheet for all of the Yamato/Arcadia valks that I can think of. They are usually packed on the underside of the cardboard slide out that has the manual and stickers in a bag.

Edited by Loop

Well, If they are decals, where are these waterslide decals in the box then?!

Are you referring to the wing root tabs over the leg fastpacks? That's small potatoes IMHO... or is there something else I'm missing.

So here's the deal, that pic Mr K showed right there. Your Valk can look exactly like that when you get it. Just apply the decals.

That photo shopped image of the VF-19 is FAKE, FALSE, A LIE. With the leg super parts attached there's a MASSIVE GAP IN THE WING ROOT. There's a big difference between something you don't like, and something that was a blatant lie.

Maybe it's just different interpretations of the word decal. When I see decal I think waterslide and not the sticker sheet that they include in the box but others may think of the stickers included as vinyl cut decals. It's moot for me as it stays in the wrap under the box.

Can't wait to see the 0A and 0S on display at Wonderfest!

Decals = waterslide in my book. I realise it's not that way for everyone. Stickers are something with an adhesive (sticky) backing that you peel off and apply. Stickers are thick, don't conform to complex surfaces, have extremely visible boundaries, and in my opinion, require a huge amount of work to make look anywhere near as good as even an average waterslide decal would. Of course the tradeoff is that it's harder to apply a decal properly as they're fragile and the application process requires far more steps (cut out, dip in water, apply a solution to make sure you have time to place it, seal it afterward, etc...).

For those of you who remember, we got actual waterslide decals with some of the Yamato releases, as I recall. Didn't we also get them in the 30th anniversary "Tuxedo Valk" as well? Or am I confusing it with the Hasegawa model kit?

Either way, my voice on this is very quiet because I haven't bought an Arcadia anything - they're too far outside my price range. If I had, you can bet I'd be complaining loudly about this sort of thing!

The last Yamato/Arcadia toy I purchased was an assembly VF-1A kit. I KNOW those things had water slide decals. But anyway, that's my last encounter with any remotely Arcadia and it totally doesn't count because it was Yamato and well before Arcadia came on the scene.

At any rate, I completely understand why people would like an actual, high quality water slide offering included with these toys that are easily costing twice as much as the old Yamato offerings were. And again, if I recall correctly, they were included in some releases.

Edited by mickyg

I also agree that decal = Water slide and I guess dry transfer decals. That's why I used the word "stickers" in my previous posts. As far as I know all of the diy Yamato VF-1 kits included both stickers and decals, and I think I remember some standalone decal sheets you could get for them. Too bad white ink is a thing of the past for printing your own decals, back in the 1/48 days you could just buy a set of custom decals.

Totally agree with you on this

Decals = waterslide in my book. I realise it's not that way for everyone. Stickers are something with an adhesive (sticky) backing that you peel off and apply. Stickers are thick, don't conform to complex surfaces, have extremely visible boundaries, and in my opinion, require a huge amount of work to make look anywhere near as good as even an average waterslide decal would. Of course the tradeoff is that it's harder to apply a decal properly as they're fragile and the application process requires far more steps (cut out, dip in water, apply a solution to make sure you have time to place it, seal it afterward, etc...).

I wish they included waterslide decals too in addition to or in lieu of stickers, but I make do with the stickers. I think if one takes the time to trim them properly, they don't look that bad:

15354418427_2a1a37382e_n.jpg

It is very time consuming to trim and line up and apply the stickers though. I think waterslide decals would take me about the same amount of time. Less time trimming, but more work doing the other stuff like you said. I like the Bandai releases because it saves me 5-6 hours not having to apply anything.

It's certainly not as bad as the Yamato stickers prior to the Destroid and VF-1 v2 releases. The 1/48 VF-1, VF-0, and YF-19/21 stickers were all made up of multiple layers with a hard, stiff top layer that curled and peeled and were at least 3 times thicker than the stickers they use now.

Agreed with MacrossJunkie. If you trim and take your time with Arcadia stickers they don't look bad...the lighter the color the Valk, the better they will look. The blue OD was not a good color for stickers. The new grey one will be fantastic..but Arcadia will make the panel lines to thin and ruin that part for detailing like they did with the 19. Bandai's panel lines are excellent. Water slides should be included at the price point we are paying. Should be a no -brainer. :angry:<_<

Edited by derex3592

They already said that they have no plans to make the ghost booster again, but if you want it the old Yamato version is supposed to fit.

I wonder why they won't release the Ghost booster. I mean I want one for my VF-0A but I'm not willing to pay an exorbitant price for it. Also do the new Arcadia VF-0A/S come with additional fuel tanks with slots for the drone? I don't have a Yamato VF-0A so I don't know if the plastic of the included parts with the old Ghost match well.