Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

skulls and kites have always been tampo'd so i assume they willl again. that being said, perhaps arcadia "learned" the wrong lesson from the 30th anniversary tenjin 1j fiasco. its not that we don't like tampo and that tampo doesn't "selll" its that that scheme was just ugly (all due respect to the designer and artist). maybe they will learn from the mainstream folks preferring the vf-19 advance from bandai to the arcadia yf-19.....granted i think that example has just a touch too many (and not well thought out mind you) tampo....i think that and the extras (booster packs) and the pricepoint makes it a decisive win with most fans (though i far prefer the sculpt of the arcadia...my only gripe is the panel lines are TOO fine) and i'm sure sales show as such. let's hope arcadia retunrs to a proper level of tampo (the latter yamato days). so far in my book...yamato>bandai>arcadia when it comes to my preference for the amount that is tampo'd.

May I add improperly sized and in many cases blurry and smooshed looking.

Guest davidwhangchoi

We'll see.

Iirc, their VF-1J and VF-1S weren't pinkish in their promo pics, either...

true and since this is a prototype we don't know what tint of plastic is when mass produced. but if the vf-od is a good indicator on non pink whites, hopefully (crosses finders) the 0s will use the same white plastic as the 0d

Those dark areas on the back of the legs/engines are supposed to be flexible bladders, just like the F-14 Tomcat uses (and many other swing wing aircraft, for that matter). Depending on wing position, they expand to maintain the aerodynamic profile of the wing, and/or eliminate the step that having it fully forward would create. The material is usually some sort of heavy duty fabric, which can be many different colors. It sits over the top of the actual (rubber?) bladder, which is inflated with air. I think on brand new, factory fresh birds, it was gray of some description. Over time they'd take on all sorts of colors from tan to light gray to brown.

That said, I don't like black. I hope it's just a quick paint up to show some variation.

Edited by mickyg

Those dark areas on the back of the legs/engines are supposed to be flexible bladders, just like the F-14 Tomcat uses (and many other swing wing aircraft, for that matter). Depending on wing position, they expand to maintain the aerodynamic profile of the wing, and/or eliminate the step that having it fully forward would create. The material is usually some sort of heavy duty fabric, which can be many different colors. It sits over the top of the actual (rubber?) bladder, which is inflated with air. I think on brand new, factory fresh birds, it was gray of some description. Over time they'd take on all sorts of colors from tan to light gray to brown.

That said, I don't like black. I hope it's just a quick paint up to show some variation.

Well now I want them to be flexible bladders!

May I add improperly sized and in many cases blurry and smooshed looking.

^What exactly are you referring to?

I get the feeling that they will be black, only because so far the 0A has the blue there. I get the feeling that Arcadia is trying to distinguish their Mac Zero line from Yamato's and are taking small liberties to the actual schemes. I could be wrong though so take dont take it as truth :lol:. We will know sooner or later once more test shots get released and the final color selections are made and shown by Mr.K. I am not fluent in Japanese, but I wish more users that were would go on twitter and tell Mr.K that we would like more tampo print, at least on par with Yamato. I just don't want it over done like the VF-19 Advance, but like a 3rd or so less than what Bandai did with that release.

Looking better and better! I really hope they stick with this vibrant white plastic they've been showing.

And man, I never really noticed before that the 0S only has the black strip across its chest. I always thought he had a stripe of yellow too (like on the 1S) and I kept wondering when it would be added to the proto. :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm so angry for... ummm... Arcadia showing us updates with no flaws?? :unsure: What about the picture?? it's stained with red graffiti :angry: it's probably not tampo'ed but a sticker. I hate arcadia.

I hope that they stick with the black instead of the grey. I looks better even though it may not be lineart accurate. I still have my original zero's and these will make a nice contrast between the two versions.

The backs of the engines and lower stabilizers need to to be painted dark grey instead of black, I hope this gets corrected before production.

The all black parts are not doing it for me either. Also the grey on the small stabilizers on the legs is almost a off-white color, needs to be darker like the Yamato 0S, or like in the Anime this toy is based on.

The all black parts are not doing it for me either. Also the grey on the small stabilizers on the legs is almost a off-white color, needs to be darker like the Yamato 0S, or like in the Anime this toy is based on.

Exactly. It's one thing if this was a custom, but it's not. I know, I know, it's crazy these days to actually want my anime toys to be anime accurate, but I guess I'm just crazy like that. :rolleyes:

The skull marking above is a sticker. The original 0S had tampo printing, so its safe to assume it will be tampo printed as well.

Do we know if it will come with the attachments for the ghost? Since they are using a different shade of white, the original attachment pieces color won't match.

Edited by Golden Arms

The color is terrible :mellow: it needs to be off-white. Or is Arcadia doing the anti-flash white?

It would be nice if they make the reactive armor to fit on the V1, there is no way I will be getting this bird with those colors.

Edited by Froy

The skull marking above is a sticker. The original 0S had tempo printing, so its safe to assume it will be tempo printed as well.

Do we know if it will come with the attachments for the ghost? Sine they are using a different shade of white, the original attachment pieces color won't match.

I hope they do since it's a different shade of white and proportion wise the new 0S is different from Yamato releases.

The color is terrible :mellow: it needs to be off-white. Or is Arcadia doing the anti-flash white?

It would be nice if they make the reactive armor to fit on the V1, there is no way I will be getting this bird with those colors.

I doubt it will since the new 0S chest is not as wide as the Yamato releases. Photo from Jenius at anymoon. Look how wide the Yamato 0 valk.

post-5552-0-57776900-1438450953_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

I doubt it will since the new 0S chest is not as wide as the Yamato releases. Photo from Jenius at anymoon. Look how wide the Yamato 0 valk.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

There go all my hopes. I didn't noticed the difference between the chest plates.

There go all my hopes. I didn't noticed the difference between the chest plates.

Yeah. To be honest, I really prefer the off-white color from Yamato. But it seems like Arcadia is keeping the 'fresh from the factory' paint scheme.

IMO, while the 0D and 0S is a good comparison for showing other differences, it is an apples to oranges comparison for this, which I think is what most forum members want:

The Arcadia 0S (quoting wmkjr's post):

And a similar angle taken of the Yamato 0S from amiami:

GDS-3588_01.jpg

My first thought is, I hope the retail Arcadia 0S gets all those markings. The white? I'm not worried about it if the color ends up being that close to the Yamato version.

Edited by technoblue