Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

This is what HS Has in their descrption.

"This item is limited to 3 per household.

Copyright 2002 BIGWEST

- Following is a Macross series OVA works that commemorate the televised 20th anniversary [Macross Zero] appeared the hero machine [VF-0D], and then commercialize the 1/60 full deformation VF-0A Phoenix Kudo Shin boarding Machine].

- Appeared in the final stage in the play, it will be the aircraft that fought a desperate struggle with the anti-integration forces SV51. (I am not attached ghost in this product ※.)

- Conformal tank for the leg is attached.

- Cockpit seat is rotatable with respect to the deformation.

- We have incorporated hip slide mechanism.

- Accessories: gun pods, pilot figures, medium-range air-to-air missile, conformal tank, preliminary pitot tube, stand for attachment, instruction manual, marking sticker"

And this is a new pic to me...anyone see it before?

post-21006-0-70138100-1431774899_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, BiJ has responded to my query. Their answer is as follows:

Big in Japan is officially the least expensive source for acquiring the VF-0 (AE's price is the same but they require EMS on this), with a total delivered price of 32380 yen; however, there is a caveat, they require immediate payment of the full amount upfront because it exceeds 20000 yen.

thanks for confirming, for some reason they never responded to my message but that's what i figured that the page wasn't updated once they introduced fedex. i think i'm going to take the plunge with them soon.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Copyright 2002 BIGWEST

- Following is a Macross series OVA works that commemorate the televised 20th anniversary [Macross Zero] appeared the hero machine [VF-0D], and then commercialize the 1/60 full deformation VF-0A Phoenix Kudo Shin boarding Machine].

- Appeared in the final stage in the play, it will be the aircraft that fought a desperate struggle with the anti-integration forces SV51. (I am not attached ghost in this product ※.)

- Accessories: gun pods, pilot figures, medium-range air-to-air missile, conformal tank, preliminary pitot tube, stand for attachment, instruction manual, marking sticker"

What's that rectangular hole near the intake decal on the side of the main engine intake? For attaching reactive armor perhaps?

What's that rectangular hole near the intake decal on the side of the main engine intake?

It's ugly. :p

But yes, I suppose it's for the armor. I just wish they'd come up with a better way of attaching the armor, because that hole being that deep, and that dark (as if it goes clear through the side of the intake) is kind of distracting in such an obvious place.

Yamato/Arcadia are usually pretty good about blending things like that so they either look like they're supposed to be panel lines, or at least shallow enough that they dont stick out... but no.. that just looks like a hole in the intake.

Edited by Chronocidal

What's that rectangular hole near the intake decal on the side of the main engine intake? For attaching reactive armor perhaps?

My guess is for the armor. Got holes on the bottom of the legs to match that one. I thought it was for the fast packs but it's on both sides of the legs.

Copyright 2002 BIGWEST

thanks for the info, pedro! conformal fuel tanks... sigh... oh well, at least they look good.

Copyright 2002 BIGWEST

If that background image is the box art then they've done a good job making this thing look exactly like a naval fighter.

Well, BiJ has responded to my query. Their answer is as follows:

Big in Japan is officially the least expensive source for acquiring the VF-0 (AE's price is the same but they require EMS on this), with a total delivered price of 32380 yen; however, there is a caveat, they require immediate payment of the full amount upfront because it exceeds 20000 yen.

Thanks for the head up, now to decide should i get 1 or 2.

"davidwhangchoi" thanks for informing about the Fedex economy shipping service from Biginjapan, my mind was so stuck at their EMS only statement.

It's ugly. :p

But yes, I suppose it's for the armor. I just wish they'd come up with a better way of attaching the armor, because that hole being that deep, and that dark (as if it goes clear through the side of the intake) is kind of distracting in such an obvious place.

Yamato/Arcadia are usually pretty good about blending things like that so they either look like they're supposed to be panel lines, or at least shallow enough that they dont stick out... but no.. that just looks like a hole in the intake.

Yeah, the more I look at it, the less I like it. I think I'd rather not have the reactive armor at all if that's the best they can do. Maybe someone here can make a plug for it.

Interesting. The upper mini triangles on the outer lower legs are hollow. Maybe the slot on the lower legs are for both Fast pack and (guesstimating) Outer leg armor connection points with maybe the inner+rear leg armor attaching via the rear leg locking slot for fighter and the lower inner slot . I liked that magnet setup though.

Edit: Looks like I haven't looked at my Yammies in awhile as they also have the slots in the lower legs though not as deep looking as the Arcadia version. The Fast Packs use those lower slots as a guide as they have a tab built in. One thing I noticed the Arcadia version has is what looks like two guide slots on the backpack thrusters flaps (maybe I'm just tired from too much gawking).

Edited by wmkjr

post-21335-0-02553400-1431935862_thumb.jpg post-21335-0-49744200-1431935998_thumb.jpg

C'mon Arcadia.. the gun pod needs the holes for the strap.. might have to whip the Dremel out for this baby when she arrives! :p:D

And.. I notice that she has the gap fillers for behind the knees when in Fighter mode where the Zero-D does not.. (apologies if this has been noticed already.. im not flicking through all the previous pages again..) -_-

Edited by spanner76

if the gun hooks to the arm via magnet then there is hope the tanks do too?

btw hope its only production pics but pls arcadia fix the gap on top when its on fighter mode...

http://s786.photobucket.com/user/ultimatekuuga51/media/TOYNEWS2015/MACROSS2015/1-60_MACROSS_ZERO_VF-OA_PHEONIX_KUDOUSHIN_32CM_14_AUG2015_ARCADIA_37584.jpg.html?sort=9&o=5

edit* looks like other promo pics of fighter mode gap is not there :)

Edited by seti88

It would be nice if they included the little holes in the gun pod to mount the gun strap.. something I noticed that is missing from the Zero-D..

Did the 0D have the straps?

Why does this have to be in August. october, November i could have swung it :(

That's some kind of funky decal voodoo going on there with the intake markings... they put them on right over the top of the slot. :p

Maybe with that hole there they'll be a little more careful about aligning the tampo?

Also, does anyone know if those little triangles to cover the backs of the knees fold in or something? Otherwise, how the heck are the arms supposed to get past those? They barely lift high enough on the 0D to avoid scraping all the paint off the underside of the wing glove (where the original was molded in color <_<)

And why would you even fold them out in battroid? I can't even begin to imagine why they thought those are necessary.

Edited by Chronocidal

this thing is just looking better and better. kinda wonder if i should keep my old unknown soldier vf-0a. Would it be a nice contrast as the "canon fodder" variant vs. Shin's "custom" 0A or will they look too different together. i've already decide te old 0S is getting replaced though...i'll probably have that up in the sales thread as soon as i get around to finding the darn instructions for it. lol