Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

More additional possibly non-canon useless missiles (like the YF-19's) are alot more sillier than a rotating cockpit detail.

Besides, rotating the cockpit adds to the satisfaction of transforming and playing with the toy itself.

Adding missiles on and giving it different loadouts I can see is far more fun than some rotating piece of plastic that will be covered up 100% of the time. Wishing for a mechanic you literally can't see is the pinnacle of silly.

Edited by Mommar

Adding missiles on and giving it different loadouts I can see is far more fun than some rotating piece of plastic that will be covered up 100% of the time. Wishing for a mechanic you literally can't see is the pinnacle of silly.

Ricing a toy with different missile-loadouts is far more sillier.

To each his own, tho...

Oh, actually my only thought about the CAD is that it may actually be less work to just stick with what already exists in the CAD models than to try and invent something new, just to remove a feature.

If you were to just eliminate the rotating seat, at the very least, you'd want a new piece to go behind the seat of the existing cockpit, if not a redesigned cockpit bucket. It's not a huge deal, but it's still adding a new piece to the molds.

I suppose anything is possible. It might even be possible that they were actually able to leverage the old molds on the cockpits like they did with the guns and thus, that would be a way of saving money and keeping the feature too.

Does anyone know what shipping will run for this toy from HLJ? I'm assuming similar to the VF-0d.

if only you read the previous page :p

Fast shipping rate

HLJ: 31,320 JPY + 2980 = 34300
Ami: 29,700 JPY + 4000 = 33700
NY: 28,920 JPY + 4700 = 33620

...but I CAN see it! For like a few seconds or minutes (depends on how long I wanna bask in the glory of the unneeded gimmick) before I cover it up with the heat shield but I can SEE it. :lol:

Anyway, I like superfluous flippy bits on my toys so...

Edited by xrentonx

I see these photos and all I think is WANT, WANT, WANT, WANT, WANT.

I still remember opening up the original 0A and immediately disliking everything about it. A brand new 0A/0S with the modern feel of the 0D is exactly what I wanted the first time... minus some of the ridiculous tolerances. But I can deal with that.

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

I added this item to my cart at biginjapan and it calculates EMS shipping at 2080 yen. Is this correct? I know they get payment up front, but this seems rather low for EMS.

thats an incorrect estimate.

I added this item to my cart at biginjapan and it calculates EMS shipping at 2080 yen. Is this correct? I know they get payment up front, but this seems rather low for EMS.

EMS for up to 2kg is 4000 Yen to North America with BiJ. 2080 Yen is 2kg via SAL.

EMS - Oceania, Middle East, North America, Central America

• Up to 300g 1,200yen
  • Up to 500g 1,500yen
  • Up to 600g 1,680yen
  • Up to 700g 1,860yen
  • Up to 800g 2,040yen
  • Up to 900g 2,220yen
  • Up to 1.0kg 2,400yen
  • Up to 1.25kg 2,800yen
  • Up to 1.5kg 3,200yen
  • Up to 1.75kg 3,600yen
  • Up to 2.0kg 4,000yen
  • Up to 2.5kg 4,700yen
  • Up to 3.0kg 5,400yen
  • Up to 3.5kg 6,100yen
  • Up to 4.0kg 6,800yen
  • Up to 4.5kg 7,500yen
  • Up to 5.0kg 8,200yen
  • Up to 5.5kg 8,900yen
  • Up to 6.0kg 9,600yen
  • Up to 7.0kg 10,700yen
  • Up to 8.0kg 11,800yen
  • Up to 9.0kg 12,900yen
  • Up to 10.0kg 14,000yen

Big in Japan ends up being 31660 + 4000 = 35660 Yen ~ $297.60 at today's (05-11-15) exchange rate + PayPal's exchange fee or CC's transaction fee.

Edited by mechaninac

Meh ... I love my VF-0A v1 cannon fodder with ghost, don't really need another one. However, give me a 0a or 0s with reactive armor ... instant buy!!!!!

I love my old VF-0S/A with ghosts too, but I am getting all of the new ones and then some for the S variant. I figure if anything I can display the new ones in battroid mode and leave my old Yammies in fighter mode with the ghosts.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Big in Japan ends up being 31660 + 4000 = 35660 Yen

that base price is incorrect. biginjapan is actually the cheapest for me so far. i may get two from them. but going to wait a sec.

Hmm you are right the pricing from biginjapan is 29580 yen before shipping . But the shipping looks like 4000 because the item is over 15000 yen so you must choose ems. If you get 2 it's 6800 yen shipping sit it's like amiami.

Edited by F360

I love my old VF-0S/A with ghosts too, but I am getting all of the new ones and then some for the S variant. I figure if anything I can display the new ones in battroid mode and leave my old Yammies in fighter mode with the ghosts.

I feel the same way. I'm still reluctant to sell off my old Yammies, even though I'll get at least one copy of each of the new ones. I'm kind of a hoarder like that :p

that base price is incorrect. biginjapan is actually the cheapest for me so far. i may get two from them. but going to wait a sec.

You're right, my mistake. I somehow used the price with the 2080 shipping quote added instead of the base price... boneheaded. Now excuse me as I go wash the eggs off my face...

BiJ price (EMS required): 29580 + 4000 = 33580 Yen

Guest davidwhangchoi

Guys, for biginjapan, i'm getting 2800yen shipping using Fedex Economy which is 3-4 days shipping from jyp to usa.

so it's 29580 + 2800 which is the cheapest option so far for me. i just haven't ordered yet bc i'm waiting on the dollar to yet to tip a bit more.

Guys, for biginjapan, i'm getting 2800yen shipping using Fedex Economy which is 3-4 days shipping from jyp to usa.

so it's 29580 + 2800 which is the cheapest option so far for me. i just haven't ordered yet bc i'm waiting on the dollar to yet to tip a bit more.

I hadn't even considered the possibility of FedEx Economy. I wonder if they'll honor that choice as they specifically state that orders totaling more that 15,000 yen must ship via EMS. If FedEx turns out to be a viable shipping method for the VF-0A, then BiJ would be the least expensive source for the toy, with a total price of 32380 yen @ 2.0kg to 32580 @ 2.5kg.

I've sent them an email asking about FedEx Eco for the VF-0A; now let's wait and see what they write back...

Guest davidwhangchoi

I hadn't even considered the possibility of FedEx Economy. I wonder if they'll honor that choice as they specifically state that orders totaling more that 15,000 yen must ship via EMS. If FedEx turns out to be a viable shipping method for the VF-0A, then BiJ would be the least expensive source for the toy, with a total price of 32380 yen @ 2.0kg to 32580 @ 2.5kg.

I've sent them an email asking about FedEx Eco for the VF-0A; now let's wait and see what they write back...

awesome! let us know what they say.

from what i remember, that statement that orders totaling more than 15000yen was written before fedex was an option so it's likely outdated wording. the choices were sal and EMS ONLY. i would always e-mail them in the past asking if sal is ok and they would say you have to use EMS vs. SAL based on the size. (price as well)

Fedex is a new option so i would think that was not what they meant by limiting everything over 15000yen to EMS.

but i guess it's best to wait and see, i shot them an email as well asking if Fedex is a viable option

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So that's no indication of the colour is it?..Due to it being at prototype stage?

It is just whatever plastic was there to be shot into the mold. The painted sample from previous pages is a better indication of their color target.

So that's no indication of the colour is it?..Due to it being at prototype stage?

yes? it is still using parts from 0D, and as just what Yeti told above, they are using whatever plastic to use the mold. Ideally, the promo picture should be the target but the 0D track record show otherwise