Jump to content

Hi-Metal R


joppewo

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Okay, so  I guess this is the start of the "Make a DX" wishlist. 
1) Integrated Heat shield
2) Integrated Hands
3) Integrated Landing gear

 

I expect those to be standard for a DX release.

I don't use the landing gear or chicken hands (they're as bad as the old 1/48 chicken hands) on the VF-1 but I dislike having to swap the canopy and gunpod handle to transform it.

The VF-2SS is a larger aircraft so I'm hoping Bandai can do better this time around. Considering it's nearly double the price of an HMR VF-1 w/super parts, it better be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Looking at the pictures, I don't think the heatshield is a separate piece from the chest. It appears to be fixed, and the cockpit folds/slides underneath it.

The landing gear are still a mystery. I wouldn't be surprised if they swap out like the VF-1 gear.

Yeah, I could see that, it is a bit of a simpler layout so it could all just work. The landing gear definitely don't have hinges so I think those being plug-ins is inevitable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note: The Tamashii page already mentions swappable landing gears and hands. As well as "parts" for the gunpod. There's also mention of swappable "smaller size wings" (most likely these are the battroid mode wings that was also done with the VF-1) .

 

Edited by Vifam7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lolicon said:

I expect those to be standard for a DX release.

I don't use the landing gear or chicken hands (they're as bad as the old 1/48 chicken hands) on the VF-1 but I dislike having to swap the canopy and gunpod handle to transform it.

The VF-2SS is a larger aircraft so I'm hoping Bandai can do better this time around. Considering it's nearly double the price of an HMR VF-1 w/super parts, it better be.

16 minutes ago, Vifam7 said:

Note: The Tamashii page already mentions swappable landing gears and hands. As well as "parts" for the gunpod. There's also mention of swappable "smaller size wings" (most likely these are the battroid mode wings that was also done with the VF-1) .

 

Bandai is pretty good about listing all the various parts for the figures.  There was no mention of canopy/heat shield parts so I think we can conclude that those don't need to be swapped for transformation. 

As for the gunpod, there's no additional "parts" for it mentioned in the Bandai listing, only the gunpod itself.  It looks like it collapses, and indeed it looks like it slides into the left arm SAP module, but I wonder if it can be inserted all the way?  It's sticking out a bit in this picture here:

item_0000012210_Zo0m7cpS_13.jpg

 

And with this crude Photoshop of mine, you can see the size of a "collapsed" gunpod next to one of the arm pieces:

TGI4cyn.jpg

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Delta said:

Bandai is pretty good about listing all the various parts for the figures.  There was no mention of canopy/heat shield parts so I think we can conclude that those don't need to be swapped for transformation. 

As for the gunpod, there's no additional "parts" for it mentioned in the Bandai listing, only the gunpod itself.  It looks like it collapses, and indeed it looks like it slides into the left arm SAP module, but I wonder if it can be inserted all the way?  It's sticking out a bit in this picture here:

*snip*

It's true that Bandai's listing is almost 100% accurate. However, it was mentioned on the description text that included is some part 'reproducing of the gunpod when it's removed'. And this is just based on what it's being translated too. And here's the actual line where it was mentioned in nihonggo: ガンポッドの取り出し時を再現するためのパーツが付属。If anyone can translate that better than google or Tamashii's own translation tab in the bottom right corner, please verify the part included.

And no, there's no need for any swappable canopy/heatshield parts since the nosecone area slides back under the chest where the canopy will be resting behind that gray part on the chest. Same with the previous Evolution Toy VF-2SS.

Right now, it's still early to speculate on how's and the why's regarding this figure. Only thing they showed us is photo and release date. For sure, more info will coming up once they put this beautiful figure on their Hi-Metal R Special Web Page. ^_^

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know about the gunpod. I could see Bandai going either way with it: making a full gunpod gimmick or making a special partsforming piece just for the armor. Either way, I'm super stoked for the pre-order, and can't wait to wash away my memory of ET's big let down version. :p^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Available at bandaionline:

http://www.bandaionline.com/hi-metal-r-vf-2-ss-valkyrie-ii-sap-silvie-gena-custom-completed/

129.90 USD

I've ordered other HMR from them with no issues. Never preordered there before though. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

What shipping options do they have?

I believe they have all of the typical options (SAL, EMS, etc). You can add stuff to your cart and get a quote before checkout. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Valkyrie II" of a stylish main character machine from "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" 10th anniversary work "Super Dimension Fortress Macross II - LOVERS AGAIN ~" appears as special specification with SAP reinforced parts!
Rail gun launch mode is reproduced tightly without parts replacement!
The opening and closing of the missile hatch at each place can be reproduced!
Parts for reproducing the time of removal of the gun pod are included.
You can reproduce the shape of the bottom of the fighter form and enjoy the beautiful figure.


■ Product Specifications
Total Height: Approximately 160 mm (at Batroid)
Material: ABS, PVC, die-cast

■ Set Contents
· Body
- Landing gear set
· Gun pods
• Replacement wrist left and right each three
· Small main wing parts for replacement
· A complete set of SAP units
· Squier drone for SAP × 4
· Complete joint parts for soul STAGE
• Replacement antenna

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does Bandai Online ship to Canada (North America)?

Tempting to avoid the crazy PO madness if they ship outside of Japan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Does Bandai Online ship to Canada (North America)?

Tempting to avoid the crazy PO madness if they ship outside of Japan.

I believe so. I don't think they are actually affiliated with "Bandai", I think they are just another online retailer. Maybe someone who knows better will chime in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Does Bandai Online ship to Canada (North America)?

Tempting to avoid the crazy PO madness if they ship outside of Japan.

They are just another online store with a bandai name, they ship anywhere.  Their processing can be kinda slow sometimes.

Edited by F360
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HAHAHAHA, here I was, poor delusional plastic crack-addicted Lord of Tetris, thinking my purchase of the DX Chogokin VF-31 3 weeks ago was the stopping point of my Macross collecting, in which all the items I wanted were finally in my possession.

I just ordered 2 of the VF-2SS from Bandai Online. Here, I took a video showing how confident and self-assured I feel about myself--and my bank account--right after making the purchase.

Corleone.gif

Edited by Lord_Of_Tetris
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi-Metal R..... their product line is only for the Macross series?  Do they or will they ever make their 1/100 scale for the more recent series like Frontier etc?

I accept that the DX 1/60 are different series... but is the HMR a 1/100 scale product line for any/all Macross across all generations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, dero said:

Hi-Metal R..... their product line is only for the Macross series?  Do they or will they ever make their 1/100 scale for the more recent series like Frontier etc?

I accept that the DX 1/60 are different series... but is the HMR a 1/100 scale product line for any/all Macross across all generations?

 

16 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Not yet but hopefully soon.

 

Well, with the upcoming VF-2SS, the Macross HM-R 1/100 line has officially branched out of just SDM and DYRL?, so...  I think it's a safe bet that M+, M7, M0, MF, MD, etc. are all fair game for this ever-expanding line as long as the toys keep selling.  How soon, however, is the real question... likely years before even a small amount of subjects from the other series see release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Big s said:

Hi metal did some macross 7 stuff, so I'm sure that the other stuff will become hmr  reality one day. I mean they even did non macross stuff recently, so who knows.

Yep, and there was that whole 1/100-scale line of VF-25 Valkyries which wasn't part of the Hi-Metal brand, but could probably get updated and added in at some point.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=2927

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Yep, and there was that whole 1/100-scale line of VF-25 Valkyries which wasn't part of the Hi-Metal brand, but could probably get updated and added in at some point.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=2927

The frontier 100s were so bad lol  One of the few purchases I actually regret. I don't even know where I put mine and I don't miss it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The frontier 100s were so bad lol  One of the few purchases I actually regret. I don't even know where I put mine and I don't miss it. 

Yeah. I got three of those. I wanted a 1/100 collection of Frontier valks, but these figures are so annoying that I replaced some with the Robot Spirits line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...