Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Argh!!! I slept in and somehow my alarms didn't go off!  I did manage to pre-order only one from Anime Export this morning (however I have never bought anything from them before) are they just as reliable?  I paid for it this morning, does that mean I got it?  Still hoping for NY to come out today - actually want a second one to display without the SAP.  My first missed PO -  I must be getting old!!!

Just use the Figinstock website and let them notify you from your preferred store.  That's how I don't miss out on HLJ even when it goes order stop.  Eventually they will get more between now and November so I just don't even worry about it.

I use FigInStock all the time but it doesn't guarantee catching a restock.. Unfortunately, with the time difference the restocks are usually late at night and gone by the morning. I'm loathe to use N-Y but it doesn't seem like they've listed it at all yet. Otherwise I'm down to hoping I can finagle the timing with a restock elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Just use the Figinstock website and let them notify you from your preferred store.  That's how I don't miss out on HLJ even when it goes order stop.  Eventually they will get more between now and November so I just don't even worry about it.

Thanks so much, just signed up with them.  Now if only they can do the Pre-Ordering in the middle of the night for us too :p

When is NY going up?  How late have they've been recently with the Bandai POs?  Are they the same day or days after the fact?  I really like NY I never get dinged customs shipped by them.

I do agree with figinstock but I guess people from the west can still miss it since the restock are usually afternoon in the east, the same time range when people from the west sleeps.

From what I saw though, there should not be a panic on getting PO for this.

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Argh!!! I slept in and somehow my alarms didn't go off!  I did manage to pre-order only one from Anime Export this morning (however I have never bought anything from them before) are they just as reliable?  I paid for it this morning, does that mean I got it?  Still hoping for NY to come out today - actually want a second one to display without the SAP.  My first missed PO -  I must be getting old!!!

Regarding AE, once they have your order and you've paid for it, you're good. ;)

They have a private warehouse of sorts too, so if you order other things from them later on you can ship it all out together.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent!  HMR has got to you.  :good:

Just preordered 3 more at AE.  Looks like I'll be making a custom Nexx, Max, and Milia.  :)

I know, right. Hahaha! :lol: But I have to make sure it's manageable: VF-1J, VF-2SS, (teased) VF-4. Even though would love to have a set of Destroids, I'll just stick with the Valks. ^_^

Also, is it ok to ask for a favor since you're the only one who has 'most' of it. Is it ok if you post a pic of Hikaru's VF-1J in all forms wearing Millia's Super Packs?

Thanks in advance! :)

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I know, right. Hahaha! :lol: But I have to make sure it's manageable: VF-1J, VF-2SS, (teased) VF-4. Even though would love to have a set of Destroids, I'll just stick with the Valks. ^_^

Also, is it ok to ask for a favor since you're the only one who has 'most' of it. Is it ok if you post a pic of Hikaru's VF-1J in all forms wearing Millia's Super Packs?

Thanks in advance! :)

I have a feeling that you're going to end up with more HMR than you set out to get.  :)

Yeah no problem.  I'll take pics when I get home.

44 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I have a feeling that you're going to end up with more HMR than you set out to get.  :)

Yeah no problem.  I'll take pics when I get home.

Nah. Have to control purchases this time. ^_^

Cool. Cool. Looking forward to it. ;)

47 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_4203.thumb.JPG.ad1ce381dd348807227cb0b79b548e38.JPG

IMG_4205.thumb.JPG.7e9c493b46776095889d2bd4a4e2a4a8.JPG

IMG_4206.thumb.JPG.651d5c0a2d4c58ba7b8a9513794a0dc9.JPG

I think this is what you wanted to see.

Oooh. Not bad. Now I can't help but think more of Jetfire. Hehehe. ^_^ But to be honest, I kind of like it. If Hikaru's nosecone tip is painted grey, it would've been perfect. ;)

Does Millia's shade of red almost the same as Hikaru's?

Thanks for this one, sh9000! :drinks:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Oooh. Not bad. Now I can't help but think more of Jetfire. Hehehe. ^_^ But to be honest, I kind of like it. If Hikaru's nosecone tip is painted grey, it would've been perfect. ;)

Does Millia's shade of red almost the same as Hikaru's?

Thanks for this one, sh9000! :drinks:

IMG_4210.thumb.JPG.ffff07f8730764df750d9bcb335d30a0.JPG

IMG_4211.thumb.JPG.02b1edfd124bc30a0f385072e1219f81.JPG

Here it is with Milia's grey nosecone tip and with a clear canopy.

The red on the Super Parts is a lighter red than Hikaru's red stripes.  Are you planning on getting a VF-1J Milia?  My recommendation?  Do it.  :D

Edited by sh9000

35 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_4210.thumb.JPG.ffff07f8730764df750d9bcb335d30a0.JPG

IMG_4211.thumb.JPG.02b1edfd124bc30a0f385072e1219f81.JPG

Here it is with Milia's grey nosecone tip and with a clear canopy.

The red on the Super Parts is a lighter red than Hikaru's red stripes.  Are you planning on getting a VF-1J Milia?  My recommendation?  Do it.  :D

Hahaha! Don't tempt me. The regular Super Packs is getting expensive now so I'm doing some research. OR I could just wait until Bandai decides to sell another round of stand-alone packs. ;)

But to be honest, this scheme looks rock! I really like it. Who knows, if I'm going to keep my 1/60 Millia PO, I might use this scheme. ^_^

Last request. Can you do this Super Pack on Hikaru's VF-1S? Maybe it will look better since it has black stripes too. :)

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Don't tempt me. The regular Super Packs is getting expensive now so I'm doing some research. OR I could just wait until Bandai decides to sell another round of stand-alone packs. ;)

But to be honest, this scheme looks rock! I really like it. Who knows, if I'm going to keep my 1/60 Millia PO, I might use this scheme. ^_^

Last request. Can you do this Super Pack on Hikaru's VF-1S? Maybe it will look better since it has black stripes too. :)

IMG_4212.thumb.JPG.452fca7cef0445e1ef683f12793d5570.JPG

Looks kind of cool.  Like Milia just promoted herself to Skull Leader.

8 minutes ago, arbit said:

Jetfire custom?

I want to make one now just to have one.

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Don't tempt me. The regular Super Packs is getting expensive now so I'm doing some research.

I have extra sets of Milia's Super Parts.  My custom Macross 7 VF-1J Milia and VF-X2 VF-1S Mariafokina Barnrose don't need Super Parts.  If you need a set let me know.  I was going to paint all of the extra Max and Milia Super Parts into the standard green color.  

21 minutes ago, arbit said:

Jetfire custom?

No. I'm just looking for an option for my purchased HMR VF-1J, since the price on the stand-alone Super Packs is getting astronomical. <_<

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_4212.thumb.JPG.452fca7cef0445e1ef683f12793d5570.JPG

Looks kind of cool.  Like Milia just promoted herself to Skull Leader.

I want to make one now just to have one.

Cool! I really like how it looks. Kind of Jetfire, but hey, that's my favorite color scheme right there all into one. ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I have extra sets of Milia's Super Parts.  My custom Macross 7 VF-1J Milia and VF-X2 VF-1S Mariafokina Barnrose don't need Super Parts.  If you need a set let me know.  I was going to paint all of the extra Max and Milia Super Parts into the standard green color.  

Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know once I really can't get a reasonable Stand-alone pack. Unless you have extra or unused TV Packs sans the Strike Cannon since the 1J is just for Supers, that would be sweet. ^_^ 

@sh9000 - Thanks for the photos! 

The red super parts from Milia look pretty good on the Hikaru 1J. I had thought of doing this myself to see what it looked like. I wonder if perhaps a better color match might be the 1J from the armored set, since it was more of a gray than white. I hadn't thought to put them on the Hikaru 1S (as I don't have that one) but it looks good, too.

It is great that the item is still readily available. This should be the way for all Macross Valks so that we don't have to mad rush for them or pay high secondary prices. The pleasure is owning the toy at the recommended retail price and having enough stock to go around. But for resellers, yea having POs open till now SUCKS. LOL

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Wow! I may give that a try!! 

Yeah try it out.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know once I really can't get a reasonable Stand-alone pack. Unless you have extra or unused TV Packs sans the Strike Cannon since the 1J is just for Supers, that would be sweet. ^_^ 

I will see.

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

@sh9000 - Thanks for the photos! 

No problem.

IMG_4214.thumb.JPG.aa79dfbb75db50637f878ff57c9b5f0f.JPG

I wanted to see how this looked.  Custom VF-1S Max and Milia.

How late is NY now a days?  Its been almost a day and still no listing from them?

They're either hungover from Canada Day or prepping to party for Independence Day.:drinks:

New products are starting to get listed so maybe soon.

Edit: I'd guess after the Iron Man Mk3 Commemoration color.

Edited by wmkjr

Bandai is certainly getting their mold investments worth in macross! Even delta has gotten me considering color swapping supers on the DX line.

On M2, i wonder if this SAP release marks the beginning of a foray into non SDFM/DYRL HMR's.
To a certain extent is kinda a slap in the face for the original macross, since M2 is taking a valuable(christmasy?) November release slot in the 35th anniversary year of SDFM.

They could have waited till an '18 March/April release, and that would kept the focus on SDFM valks this year.

Unless of course, there will be another special HMR release for christmas? (really doubt so)

Just an observation, not a critique.

How late is NY now a days?  Its been almost a day and still no listing from them?

It's now several weeks since they should have put up the latest batch of Variable Action Hi-SPEC toys for preorder, but they haven't. So in the worst case, they are extremely slow. Hopefully, the VF-2SS will be listed sooner.