Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Well done, sh9000, well done!

Nice Max VF-1S!

That's awesome. Does this mean you won't be picking up a Max 1S if/when Bandai releases it? :)

Thanks! I'll definitely buy a VF-1S Max if Bandai releases one.

Awesome work!

:clapping:

sh9000, I'm really digging all of your customizations. It's really cool to see what can be done with these, to expand beyond what Bandai is giving us.

Thank you! VF-1A TV Max is next on my list.

Most sites have him for around $80 US, NY seems to have him lowballed around $67, but probably will ask for more on shipping because of the extra stand that they'll forget to account for again. :p

Was very surprised at that preorder price, esp considering the fact its about 3K less than the Milia (where they have less competition). Im sure the shipping will be higher like y mention though.

Was very surprised at that preorder price, esp considering the fact its about 3K less than the Milia (where they have less competition). Im sure the shipping will be higher like y mention though.

Milia is a web exclusive so its more expensive due to no preorder discount. That's the price for long preorder window.

What's the best website to preorder Milia at? I better place my order in now before it's too late

Nippon-yasan.com and register sal shipping is the cheapest .

Biginjap.com have register sal or Fedex economy shipping.

Both have pretty much zero after sale support .

The issues will be how this set will be package from tamashii, bigger box? Extra box for stand? Box within box wishing shipping box?

If the size and weight is greater than what Nippon-yasan's estimated then you will most likely get a invoice for extra cost on shipping.

BiginJap with Fedex economy cost just a tiny bit more , but you will get it in 1 week and they have been HONORing their shipping quote, so you won't have to worry if the box will be bigger or not.

Nippon-yasan.com and register sal shipping is the cheapest .

Biginjap.com have register sal or Fedex economy shipping.

Both have pretty much zero after sale support .

The issues will be how this set will be package from tamashii, bigger box? Extra box for stand? Box within box wishing shipping box?

If the size and weight is greater than what Nippon-yasan's estimated then you will most likely get a invoice for extra cost on shipping.

BiginJap with Fedex economy cost just a tiny bit more , but you will get it in 1 week and they have been HONORing their shipping quote, so you won't have to worry if the box will be bigger or not.

Oh okay. Good to know.

But what do you mean when you say "both have pretty much zero after sale support"?

Oh okay. Good to know.

But what do you mean when you say "both have pretty much zero after sale support"?

It means you don't get 100% full customer support if ever you receive a broken item or it's missing some items. This is only for customers outside Japan.

Just so you know all Tamashii Exclusives item at Nippon-Yasan needs to ne paid immediately.

Edited by no3Ljm

Oh okay. Good to know.

Like what no3Ljm said.

You buy and paid , they package and shipped, you recieve package. The story ends there .

If your item is broken right out of the box , don't expect them to offer you return shipping or exchange.

They might try to help or they might allow you to return it , but shipping cost will be on you .

This is pretty much the standard expectation of shopping overseas.

Toku Taku has Milia up as well. It's where I got mine. I need to ask him about the effects set, too. They're half up front plus the rest the month before release. Good folks, too. I've never had a problem ordering with them. It's a smaller store so with the standard release stuff they don't usually have as big a discount as places like AmiAmi and HLJ. They're also primarily Toku, but I've found he's really good about listing PB stuff (including TWEs) if you just ask. As a far warning, Yahoo emails addresses tend to get eaten by his email service though - probably as suspected spam, but I've had that address since the late 90s or so. :shrug:

I've placed about a dozen orders with Toku Taku for TWEs (mostly Figuarts) since 2014 and never had a problem, except for the email thing. But that's my fault for keeping that old Yahoo address, I know better. Heck, one time I missed the deadline for the second half of a payment (I had completely forgotten about the darn thing) and he dropped me a nice note to let me know and we got it taken care of. As I said, TT isn't the cheapest, but I've enjoyed my experiences with them.

Edited by Thessair

$137??? Damn and I kicking myself for buying at full price now.

Ditto, lol. That's literally $100 less than I paid for it shipped from HLJ. I guess you could turn them into the most badass and expensive book-ends ever? Maybe I'll get a 2nd and sandwich my Robotech books between them xD

That Soul of Chogokin GoLion comes out next month.

I'm really on the fence about getting this too... I've always wanted a nice Voltron but I've yet to pull the trigger.

I'm really on the fence about getting this too... I've always wanted a nice Voltron but I've yet to pull the trigger.

I really want a Dairugger, but I was a huge Voltron fanatic as a kid, so I'm going to take what I can get. I lost my Matchbox ones a long, long time ago. December is a rough month for a big drop like the SoC, though, and I waffled for a long time before biting the bullet. I didn't order the Gunbuster or Leopardon and I regret it a lot, so I figured why take the chance.

Edited by Thessair

Just a heads up. Destroid Monster is still on sale at Nippon-Yasan for Y13180.

Bought one as well as a VF-2S since that's also on crazy discount; just received them yesterday -- EMS wasn't much more expensive than SAL ( like 15$ diff ) so I just went for that. The Monster is beautiful -- a large scale monster has been a real want of mine since I sold off my garage kit Monster years ago. Not quite as big, but also way more metal in it ;)

The VF-2S is exactly what I expected -- some stripped screws and really scarily brittle feeling plastic. Looks nice on its stand on a shelf though ( though I didn't have the patience to attach the super parts last night ). It'll never get played with and will probably be transformed to Battroid and stay there once I get around to building my VF-2S model kit.

Amazon has a VF-1J tv version up right now, about $74 shipped to the US:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01GCACKIG/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I just ordered mine. It seems like the vendor with the best price is putting them up one at a time for some reason, as when I ordered mine it disappeared for about an hour, then showed up again. So if you don't see one there, maybe try checking back and they will put another up.