Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I like the look, but why are they starting with something that arcada is releasing in a month.

I'm going to pass as well but I will get all enemies and destroids that they make:)

Man, they are really going for Arcadia's throat.

But yeah, easy pass for me. Not collecting another smaller line.... except for spartan. haha

Won't be amazed if we never see another VF-1 from Arcadia haha

Edited by Gakken85

Looks great! ;)

Good luck on the PO next week guys. I'm going to sit this whole line out. Don't want to add another Macross line and spend too much. I'm just happy and content with the 1/60 scaled ones. :rolleyes:

wait for better pics from fellow MWF members ;)

Bit funny they're releasing thir GBP around the same time as Arcadia. I'll order one of these, Battroid was the only greatr mode of the three and provided the joints aren't hindered posing the GBP should be fun. Though I hope the feet are more solid this time. The toe joints on my old Hi Metals are pretty loose and the added armor weight might make this a pain to keep standing.

I couldn't believe how complex the transformation was for the fire valk in Jenius review. Seems like a mess for such a small toy.

But yes, basically this is there to create a middle market - people who might not have the cash for the Arcadia release, or people who see a simliar toy for cheaper and don't care about scale, or people who are just confused.

Edited by Gakken85

Says the guy that will never own a Monster toy. I think if we all lived in Japanese apartments the scale would have more appeaL but I'm looking forward to it. I think it makes sense as the other obvious launch toys were already released under the HM line.

This will go nice together with the Takatoku 1/100 conversion kit.

Excellent observation! You may have just caused the market price for the Takatoku conversion set to skyrocket! :rolleyes:

At last a Spartan and a Monster to go with the 1/100 Takatoku conversion set!.....the Spartan "mold" is actually reminiscent of the old 1/100 Takatoku destroid molds...as long as you have 3 Takatoku conversion sets you're good to go! ^_^

Very interesting how Bandai settled on releasing the Spartan and Monster first.....I bet they have the mold for the Takatoku conversion set buried in some warehouse somewhere!!

Takatoku-Conversion-Kit-3.jpg

15664670979_2c368e3d07_h.jpg

15848697851_e763e6d259_h.jpg

Hope the Spartan sells well - then maybe Arcadia will give us a 1/60 version . . .

I hope so too....however, they currently seem unwilling to release even less risky stuff like a VF-1D...so not sure about a Spartan in 1/60.... ;) And completing the set with a 1/60 Monster would probably only be the luxury of perhaps 5 collectors during some future WonderFestival....

I'll be happy with a full, in-scale complete set at 1/100 though.....hopefully the Monster doesn't turn into "legend"..... :mellow:

V4j6yrU.jpg

VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

September '15

Pre-order opens 1st May

I'd hit it.

But yes, basically this is there to create a middle market - people who might not have the cash for the Arcadia release, or people who see a simliar toy for cheaper and don't care about scale, or people who are just confused.

Nah, it's not creating any market. There have always been Macross toys this size/price range, it's nothing new. Some people just prefer smaller toys, some people buy everything. I just like VF-1 toys - that's the only rational I need for getting one. :)

Also if it's pretty much the same as the previous Bandai Hi-Metal VF-1, it should be a really excellent toy.

Edited by eriku

mmm, no 1/100 it's to small for me...

I agree.

Man this makes getting the Arcadia versions a lot harder. Especially in Sept along with the SOC GunBuster

Nah, it's not creating any market. There have always been Macross toys this size/price range, it's nothing new. Some people just prefer smaller toys, some people buy everything. I just like VF-1 toys - that's the only rational I need for getting one. :)

Also if it's pretty much the same as the previous Bandai Hi-Metal VF-1, it should be a really excellent toy.

I do not agree. I think VF-zer0s post there backs up my postion. Most People don't have unlimited money to spend on toys. Lots of buyers who would save up for the 1/60 will ponder going for a cheaper option.

There hasn't been since the Hi-metal line stopped putting stuff out... whenever that was? 2009 or 2010?

Some people do buy from multiple lines and companies for sure, but competition is competition.

Edited by Gakken85

Do you guys think this will be a pain to pre order?

AFAIK, if it's a 'regular' release... proabably. :unsure:

Wonder if Bandai will offer the Tomahawk and Defender destroids for this line...

Now I'm thinking what's there to offer for a 'web exclusive' release from this line? Tomahawk and Defender, down the line? ;)

Edited by no3ljm

I agree.

I do not agree. I think VF-zer0s post there backs up my postion. Most People don't have unlimited money to spend on toys. Lots of buyers who would save up for the 1/60 will ponder going for a cheaper option.

There hasn't been since the Hi-metal line stopped putting stuff out... whenever that was? 2009 or 2010?

Some people do buy from multiple lines and companies for sure, but competition is competition.

What I mean is that a VF-1 toy like this isn't a new occurrence in the world of Macross toys. Since the 1980s there have been toys in all sizes and price ranges for the brand so I don't see this as anything really different or unusual. I'm not saying it isn't competition for Arcadia, every toy out there is competing for our money. Just that it's not 'creating a market' as you said.

Regardless, I think it's cool to be sitting here fifteen years after my first visit to Macross World and that there is still a wide variety (relatively speaking) of toys and price ranges to choose from. :)