7 hours ago, Bolt said:

The swap meet was always the best place to score Macross and Orguss!

Back in the 80’s and early 90’s they had that great mix of trash and treasure. Now it’s just trash more than anything unfortunately. But I remember the good old days of finding so much odd stuff that you weren’t sure what to spend the cash on.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:21 PM, no3Ljm said:

MegaHouse is re-releasing Variable Action Hi-Spec ORGUSS. Display shown during Summer 2023 Hobby Manufacturer Merchandise Showcase. Price and release date to be determined.

I'm trying to decide whether to hold out for the MegaHouse reissue or to just get the Hi-Metal version now. Can anyone that has seen both in person chime in? I'm wondering how the size/cost and quality/cost ratios between the two compare.

5 hours ago, Big s said:

Back in the 80’s and early 90’s they had that great mix of trash and treasure. Now it’s just trash more than anything unfortunately. But I remember the good old days of finding so much odd stuff that you weren’t sure what to spend the cash on.

100%. These days, all the vendors are carrying the same crap (iPhone cases, etc). Back in the 80s, you can get some cool Taiwan goodies! 

On 8/13/2023 at 3:04 PM, Big s said:

I never saw the in the U.S. when they were dubbed. Maybe it was just for a vhs release. But since they didn’t finish the series dubbing I only watched the subtitles version. In fact the first time I saw the show it was a bad subtitle version, so this was definitely an upgrade. I wouldn’t mind if they did a decent dub since I’d rather watch than read especially since the animation looks great for the most part.

😃

On 8/13/2023 at 4:02 PM, glane21 said:

I watched Orguss back in the 80s on 3rd generation vhs copies with no subs.  I was still able to follow the overall story and become very invested in the characters by the last episode, which has a unique ending to say the least.  You’ll enjoy it.

Thank you. 

image.jpeg.2328f61dc2a57e54c5b44cdd6f74cb28.jpeg

On 8/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, fifbeat said:

😃

Thank you. 

image.jpeg.2328f61dc2a57e54c5b44cdd6f74cb28.jpeg

sad that this release is so poorly done, not bothering to ask TMS for a rescan, just the old terrible JP bluray masters, with all grain and scratched scrubbed, an absolutely terrible way to release a show

20 hours ago, MKT said:

It is too bad that none of the toys have hatches that can be opened to reveal missiles.

youre kidding me?? i assume at least the MH had them considering the hatches look like they could open up, no wonder i couldent find a review that showed them :(

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Yes! Finally able to get the megahouse version. Though on further thought i wonder if i even care? The hi-metal may be enough Orguss for me. Anyone have both? Is the Megahouse substantially better than the hi-metal?

Personally, I think the hmr looks better. The megahouse one looks a bit scrawny to me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...