Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Any word about what will be packed with this bird? VF-4, nothing but extra hands and stand adapters<YF-19 FP, gunpod, extra pilot and a ton of extra missiles. Both almost for the same price.

Nice catch! Haha :D

Arcadia needs a stable product strategy I guess...

I can even predict Bandai's next moves on Macross franchise, but predicting Arcadia's move is impossible... They need a roadmap!

Why not a product schedule spanning over 3 years for VF-0 line for example?

(Bandai's DX VF-25 Renewal line started in 2011!!)

Feb 2015 VF-0D Shin >>> HIT

Sep 2015 VF-0A Regular Type >>> OK, I WILL GET THAT TOO

Feb 2016 VF-0S (w/ Armor) >>> BIG HIT

Sep 2016 VF-0A Shin Type >>> MEDIUM HIT

Feb 2017 VF-0D Regular Type >>> YEAH, WHY NOT?

Sep 2017 VF-0S (Reissue) >>> CRITICIAL HIT

December 2017 VF-0B and VF-0C Web Exclusives >>> "I'M AN ADDICT" HIT

Edited by charger69

You could add the VF-19 w/ Sound Booster to cart at HLJ and use the shipping quote for that as an estimate for the VF-0D.

HLJ will only allow you to ship via EMS once the value exceeds 15000 Yen.

Thanks, at just over 3,800 to ship EMS, HLJ is only 900Y cheaper than NY - not bad considering NY will save me $40-50 in customs/duties/brokerage.

I can even predict Bandai's next moves on Macross franchise, but predicting Arcadia's move is impossible... They need a roadmap!

Hey! I want VF-0S with ghost and fast pack! How can you forget?!

If Arcadia just decides to release VF-0 product for the next 3 years....I think we would need to add "bankruptcy" sometime in-between those dates.... :(

Pulled the trigger on it at HLJ. At least I have a few months to save up. I still don't quite see how these are almost twice the cost of the original VF-0's that Yamato released. But I will admit that my Yamato VF-0s are among my favorite to display, I'm not quite sure why.

the yf-19 was made to order.

the 4g was made to order bc yamato didn't know how many people wanted it since it was the 4g was a specialty valks that only a niche crowd wanted. we don't know how many were on the intial numbers before they re-opened

how many here have a vf-4g? i'll take a guess prob as many that have an sdf-1 dyrl not that many

at 330 that was a reach.

i'm sure it's in the ball park as the 19. which i'm thinking is not that many.

no where near the numbers a vf-1s or vf-25F mainstream hero valk will sell.

ok, skull if what i'm saying is horsecrap, i'll wager that this will be a shelf warmer. you in? :D

And that's the point David, that Arcadia is not going to produce as many VF-0D's as other variants (and especially not as many VF-1's). And I'm willing to bet while this isn't an made-to-order release Arcadia is going to produce enough to cover retailer orders and a small extra.

There simply won't be enough left around to warm the shelf. And since I love a good bet, but don't want to lose or take a Valkyrie ( B))) let's just call it a gentleman's wager and see how it turns out.

in case you need to look at how many MW members voted on getting the 4g above 300 bucks:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36074&page=1

This was also around the time that 90% of Yamato releases ended up on sale, because they'd produced so many of any one variant and pushed out new releases at an almost break neck pace. The conventional thinking at the time was that the 4G would end up on the bargain bin just like other releases - and with that, why pay suggested retail when you could just wait for the bottom to fall out and pick it up cheap. I know that's why I didn't initially buy an SDF-1.

That and MW members have a tendency to talk one way and then do something completely different, so my reaction to the results of polls around here range from "LOL" to "Yeah Right".

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

And that's the point David, that Arcadia is not going to produce as many VF-0D's as other variants (and especially not as many VF-1's). And I'm willing to bet while this isn't an made-to-order release Arcadia is going to produce enough to cover retailer orders and a small extra.

There simply won't be enough left around to warm the shelf. And since I love a good bet, but don't want to lose or take a Valkyrie ( B))) let's just call it a gentleman's wager and see how it turns out.

This was also around the time that 90% of Yamato releases ended up on sale, because they'd produced so many of any one variant and pushed out new releases at an almost break neck pace. The conventional thinking at the time was that the 4G would end up on the bargain bin just like other releases - and with that, why pay suggested retail when you could just wait for the bottom to fall out and pick it up cheap. I know that's why I didn't initially buy an SDF-1.

That and MW members have a tendency to talk one way and then do something completely different, so my reaction to the results of polls around here range from "LOL" to "Yeah Right".

-b.

sorry but i disagree. they will be shelf warmers bc of the high price whatever print. well, i dont mind taking a valk if someone is really sure of their opinion. i got quite a few valks so no loss to me... especially if i lose and its going to a good home to a great guy i trust. so im down for putting up a cav as well.

though the poll may be off by one or two ...161 votes of not willing to pay over 300 is a significant number... and people are still waiting around for bargain bin prices... nothings changed. the talk these days for the 0d is waiting and hoping for a hlj blk friday sale.

i would say 80-90 will get the 0d on MW.

82 said they would buy the 4g at any price. i think that's an accurate estimate of numbers of people willing to pay over 330-350 for a valk.

sorry but i disagree. they will be shelf warmers bc of the high price whatever print. well, i dont mind taking a valk if someone is really sure of their opinion. i got quite a few valks so no loss to me... especially if i lose and its going to a good home to a great guy i trust. so im down for putting up a cav as well.

though the poll may be off by one or two ...161 votes of not willing to pay over 300 is a significant number... and people are still waiting around for bargain bin prices... nothings changed. the talk these days for the 0d is waiting and hoping for a hlj blk friday sale.

i would say 80-90 will get the 0d on MW.

82 said they would buy the 4g at any price. i think that's an accurate estimate of numbers of people willing to pay over 330-350 for a valk.

It's all good, I'm still not going to take your Valkyries, buy one or two some day in the future, sure. :ph34r:

No doubt people want a deal (you and I counted among them) but waiting for a larger discount on pre-order isn't the same as willing to bet (no pun intended) that the VF-0D will be sitting around months after release like the 30th Anniversary VF-1J. The Fire VF-19 will probably warm shelves but that's because you can still find first releases on the cheap.

Just look at the often maligned YF-19, nowhere to be found on sale or warming the shelf the 0D will absolutely follow that same pattern of being gone immediately or very soon after release (made to order based on retailer volume, not per person). The only way I can see it not selling out is if Arcadia produces way more than what retailers have ordered and there's nothing to suggest that they will.

Not going to touch the poll aspect except to say that it's way too unscientific to follow and anecdotally people tend to say one thing and then act another. Besides what about the Japanese fans that account for the bulk of the business, they're not here to vote.

-b.

Good News: HLJ said the Black Friday Sale is a go!

Bad News: Still cannot say for certain whether the VF-0D or other PT valks will be included

Pretty sure they will though.....so be prepared!!!

wonder if black friday is still in the preorder period for this? could order one then and cancel the preorders people have already made. that and hlj has teh cheapest ems shipping i've seen.

wonder if black friday is still in the preorder period for this? could order one then and cancel the preorders people have already made. that and hlj has teh cheapest ems shipping i've seen.

That is the same thing that happened with the YF-19 last year....pre-orders for it were still open when the Black Friday sale hit......thus why several folks pre-ordered again and dumped their higher-priced YF-19 pre-orders....

The Black Friday sale price did not automatically adjust the price of existing pre-orders in your cart...thus why you need to pre-order again and dump the older higher-priced stuff....

That is the same thing that happened with the YF-19 last year....pre-orders for it were still open when the Black Friday sale hit......thus why several folks pre-ordered again and dumped their higher-priced YF-19 pre-orders....

The Black Friday sale price did not automatically adjust the price of existing pre-orders in your cart...thus why you need to pre-order again and dump the older higher-priced stuff....

exactly

*well replace existing pre-orders in your cart with replace existing pre-orders in your account

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Just look at the often maligned YF-19, nowhere to be found on sale or warming the shelf the 0D will absolutely follow that same pattern of being gone immediately or very soon after release (made to order based on retailer volume, not per person).

And unlike the YF-19, there is no previous release of the 0D.

I was one who passed on the Arcadia YF-19 because I felt that the improvements didn't justify the expense, already having a Yamato 1/60 YF-19 that I felt was "good enough". That can't be said here, as there is no pre-existing 0D at all.

Perhaps we need to define what makes a shelf-warmer....when it comes to Macross toys...I'd say a shelf-warmer is anything that manages to linger long enough to receive a steep discount (Black Friday sales not included!)....in other words, practically every Macross toy ever made by Yamato! :rolleyes:

With that said, I do not think the VF-0D will achieve that undignified status....and not because it does not deserve that status....but because these things are not being produced in the same numbers anymore thus minimizing the opportunity for it to become a shelf-warmer....now a days...it has to be almost universally reviled to achieve the shelf-warmer status....Anniversario anyone?? (up next, VF-19 Goldenrod edition?)

If the VF-0D was being released by Yamato....then it'd be keeping the shelves toasty well into Christmas 2015!!!.... ;)

And unlike the YF-19, there is no previous release of the 0D.

I was one who passed on the Arcadia YF-19 because I felt that the improvements didn't justify the expense, already having a Yamato 1/60 YF-19 that I felt was "good enough". That can't be said here, as there is no pre-existing 0D at all.

Perhaps we need to define what makes a shelf-warmer....when it comes to Macross toys...I'd say a shelf-warmer is anything that manages to linger long enough to receive a steep discount (Black Friday sales not included!)....in other words, practically every Macross toy ever made by Yamato! :rolleyes:

With that said, I do not think the VF-0D will achieve that undignified status....and not because it does not deserve that status....but because these things are not being produced in the same numbers anymore thus minimizing the opportunity for it to become a shelf-warmer....now a days...it has to be almost universally reviled to achieve the shelf-warmer status....Anniversario anyone?? (up next, VF-19 Goldenrod edition?)

If the VF-0D was being released by Yamato....then it'd be keeping the shelves toasty well into Christmas 2015!!!.... ;)

Agreed * 2.

-b.

Touching on an earlier topic, when I watch Macross Zero my impression was that the 0D was a two man fighter and in no way a trainer. Shin was a capable pilot on combat patrol. Most definitely think the 0D is an homage to the F-14 tomcat.

f14_tomcat_l5.jpg

Edited by Spiff

Touching on an earlier topic, when I watch Macross Zero my impression was that the 0D was a two man fighter and in no way a trainer. Shin was a capable pilot on combat patrol. Most definitely think the 0D is an homage to the F-15 F-14 tomcat.

Fixed it for you. Or did you mean F-15 Eagle? To me it looks more like the Chinese J-20.

j-20-mighty-dragon-920-6.jpg

On second thought, maybe not. I keep on thinking Firefox when I see this for some reason.

Edited by wmkjr

The J-20 didn't even exist when Zero came out, so it's certainly not based on it.

Considering how many times Kawamori has referenced CFT-equipped F-15's (it's where the term FAST pack comes from) and the F-16XL, they are the most likely inspirations for a "modified" VF-0.

The modified-delta of the F-15 sure do look nice and pretty, but I like to think Kawamori just delta-winged the F-14 to come up with the 0D. That, and/or he's quite fond of the ancient the F7U.

Plus, all the Zero (0S/0A/0D) in the anime were carrier-based, so it's gotta be a F-14 inspired instead of F-15 inspired...

:touche:

:bump:

I didn't say it was based on it, just thought the front canards and wings reminds me of the J-20 so that's why I wrote it. F-15 S/MTD and F-16XL inspiration would be cool to see. Was that Shin doing a Fly by above my post? :D.

BTW, apologies in advance if someone answered this already but does anyone knows what is the type of weapons pod included with the VF-0D?

Edited by wmkjr