Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

True, the old mold was pretty sloppy in some places. It does make me wonder though, whether the issues with that were due to the molds being sloppy and imprecise, or even just bad material science at work. The nose droop is entirely fixable, at least, but the materials used on a good portion of the transformation mechanism parts were the same type that tended to explode catastrophically.

The overall shape and proportions never seemed to be a problem, at least, which is a rarity for any valk. :lol:

I think it was simply bad plastic material that Yamato used on the Macross Zero line.

I remember when I got my VF-0S that the plastic felt really softer, more fragile and not as rigid as the VF-1's plastic.

Then people here reported the exploding/disintegrating shoulders/arms joints of the VF-0A first-edition and the very floppy Ivanov SV-51.

The vf-25s is getting reissued? Damn I bet I am going to miss out again.

Yup. PO madness was open for a 'glitch' (half a sec) via Amiami couple of months ago. Hehehe. :lol: Got a chance to PO days after it went up by $40 over NY. PO went for awhile after that over Play-Asia, I believe. I have another PO with them though I doubt I'll get one. :rolleyes:

Don't worry! With Arcadia, you won't miss out. If you want you could just place an order with HLJ and easily cancel it if you need to before it ships.

Wait. Can I do that? The reason why I don't want to PO while not having a work temporarily is because I don't want my account somehow get blocked from those online shops. Does HLJ have a strict rule on blocking accounts if you cancel PO with them? Thanks. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Does HLJ have a strict rule on blocking accounts if you cancel PO with them? Thanks. ^_^

Nope. Cancel anytime before you are billed. Their "no-hassle" cancellation policy is what helped many folks here dump their original YF-19 PO's so they can re-PO at the Black Friday price. And I am hoping it will be repeated again this coming Black Friday!!!

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is on NY?

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=10

It doesn't say anywhere but it does say I have 15 days to pay when I receive the payment notice before your order is cancelled. Does that mean I can just cancel it anytime before I receive payment notice (15 days before release?) ie; if HLJ does their Black Friday sale and IF the VF-0 is include and IF its actually a sale of more than $40-$50 off.

Ghost question:

Going through the various sites, and Sketchley's translations etc, there's a lot of conflicting info. It almost seems the QF-2001 was ret-conned to be the QF2200D-A, and the QF2200D became the QF-2200D-B, or something like that. And which became the "booster" version and which is the "recon drone" version also seems to be opposite depending on the source.

I believe Yamato's two versions are identical except for paint---were any differences ever found? Because I'm leaning towards picking up an "A" version just for the paint-job (I think it'll go better with the blue), but if "canon" says that only B versions were ever used on the VF-0, then it'd be more "correct" to put the grey B version on it.

NY changed their cancellation policy a while ago. Basically you're not allowed to cancel a preorder. If you try to cancel one they will delete your account and all your other preorders. However board members wrote that they had success canceling items through the customer support without any repercussions.

Regarding the new VF-0D. Since the Phoenix was the first Valkyrie with a CAD model that transformed for the show Arcadia can not do many things to improve the look of the toy since everything is set in stone by the CAD model from the show. They can change fit and finish as well as select different materials. They also can smoothen out the transformation and gimmicks (such as the pivot on the pilots seat). The only major think they could have changed would be the leg delivery mechanism but the struts in the show are already reality bending thin so probably not a good idea.

So I was not expecting a toy that looks different from the previous iteration of the Phoenix (minus the D parts).

Ghost question:

Going through the various sites, and Sketchley's translations etc, there's a lot of conflicting info. It almost seems the QF-2001 was ret-conned to be the QF2200D-A, and the QF2200D became the QF-2200D-B, or something like that. And which became the "booster" version and which is the "recon drone" version also seems to be opposite depending on the source.

I believe Yamato's two versions are identical except for paint---were any differences ever found? Because I'm leaning towards picking up an "A" version just for the paint-job (I think it'll go better with the blue), but if "canon" says that only B versions were ever used on the VF-0, then it'd be more "correct" to put the grey B version on it.

I have this: http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00055

which is the QF-2200D-B and designated with the "Booster" monicker.

The QF-2200D-A ( http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00054/Sci ) was not designated with the "Booster" monicker and comes in camo colors. I never bought it myself.

I don't believe there were any differences between them except for the camo-colors and the box-designation.

I think somebody here used to have a pic of using the A-version as booster on their VF-0S/A.

That said, both the Roy-0S and the Shin-0A combo-versions were using the B-version as booster:

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00057/Sci

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00056/Sci

Edited by treatment

Guest davidwhangchoi

someone as the question that i had since last year. "Will the ghost booster be compatible to attach to the 0D as the old yf-19 fold booster was able to attach to the new one.

Mr. k said he tried checking if it does but it won't be compatible. Boo

but he wants it to be compatible if he does a new 0A/s

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/521952030382776321

just remember it wont be compatible with the 0D.

Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is on NY?

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=10

It doesn't say anywhere but it does say I have 15 days to pay when I receive the payment notice before your order is cancelled. Does that mean I can just cancel it anytime before I receive payment notice (15 days before release?) ie; if HLJ does their Black Friday sale and IF the VF-0 is include and IF its actually a sale of more than $40-$50 off.

I was able to cancel a PO in NY before without any problems. I did contact them in advance though. But I kinda doubt that you will need to cancel it unless HLJ does something un-expected for this year black friday sales. The usual discount for this type of item is around additional 10%, so comparing 29k yen to 31.2k yen of NY, that will easily cover the 15 to 20 dollars, then the EMS savings will be like additional 5 to 10 dollars. There will be savings but I think not enough to cover the 40 to 50 dollars the customs office is asking.

Here in my country, I have to pay a minimum of approx $20 to $30 even if I blatantly cheat and declare the lowest possible price for any toys I import.

I was able to cancel a PO in NY before without any problems. I did contact them in advance though. But I kinda doubt that you will need to cancel it unless HLJ does something un-expected for this year black friday sales. The usual discount for this type of item is around additional 10%, so comparing 29k yen to 31.2k yen of NY, that will easily cover the 15 to 20 dollars, then the EMS savings will be like additional 5 to 10 dollars. There will be savings but I think not enough to cover the 40 to 50 dollars the customs office is asking.

Here in my country, I have to pay a minimum of approx $20 to $30 even if I blatantly cheat and declare the lowest possible price for any toys I import.

Thanks that's good to know. Wow, $20-30 as a min. - what country is that? I thought we had it bad in Canada.

Thanks that's good to know. Wow, $20-30 as a min. - what country is that? I thought we had it bad in Canada.

you think you had bad? I have to pay 30% of the toy + shipping....for this at the moment I will pay 90 dollars as a min. I have to wait for shipping cost.

you think you had bad? I have to pay 30% of the toy + shipping....for this at the moment I will pay 90 dollars as a min. I have to wait for shipping cost.

OUCH :o

Need to remember to try not and complain about prices and shipping when I don't have to worry about custom or other fees.

Side note, I've fallen in love with the head unit of the 0D. I guess I've grown to like variations of the VF-1A.

-b.

That's nothing compared to Argentina, we have to pay 50% of the declared value + shipping, and then we get charged 35% by the government through the bank in our credit card statement.

But I have this beauty preordered at HLJ :lol:

That's nothing compared to Argentina, we have to pay 50% of the declared value + shipping, and then we get charged 35% by the government through the bank in our credit card statement.

But I have this beauty preordered at HLJ :lol:

Lol.....that hurts. I PO anyways 😝😝😝😝....

Dang it, I read the previous post wrong. Hmmn, I wonder if the weapons will work.

Long as the weapons use the same hardpoints, I dont see any reason why they wouldn't work, even the upper pod mounts on the chest plate.

As for the ghost itself... it might still work, but you'll be missing the support it got by wrapping around the tails. The entire thing will be supported by the canards latching under the pods, and those tiny pylons resting on the back plate. What they really need to do is make those pylons snap into the back, instead of just being gravity mounts.

Course, we still won't have blue shoulder pods to match, but anyone with a ghost will have at least one unused set of them that could be repainted to match.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Could end up like the VF-17D w/FP

too expensive.

thinking the same thing. im not sure how many yf-19's sold but given by the raise in price, my guess is arcadia saw low to mid sales numbers and raised the price to make ends meet.

they figured only x amount sold and it was to the exclusive hardcore macross collector. So raising the price prob wont deter the hardcore and make up for selling less quantities.

i think its along the lines of arcadia selling 10 basara guitars for abnormally high price... but they sold all 10:) and made out.

than making 50 sold at a lower price.

i say these appeal more than the M7 vf-17 to the international market but zero is not as popular as macross F or sdfm dyrl.

Arcadia is going to make just enough of these to meet demand, and not much more than that. There won't be any left over to warm the shelves anymore than the YF-19 did.

Gone are the days of 15K production runs (or whatever constituted a normal mass produced item for Yamato).

I don't know, the 0D seems to have that same sort of cache the VF-4 does. People who just like planes seem to really dig the way the 0D looks too.

And this, there is held-over demand for the VF-0D. I looked at that old MW thread for the VF-0A/S and the first few pages are full of w00t, now I can't wait for the 0D.

No way this will warm shelves. I bet one of David's extra Yamato VF-1S's that he loves so much. :p

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Guest davidwhangchoi

Arcadia is going to make just enough of these to meet demand, and not much more than that. There won't be any left over to warm the shelves anymore than the YF-19 did.

Gone are the days of 15K production runs (or whatever constituted a normal mass produced item for Yamato).

And this, there is held-over demand for the VF-0D. I looked at that old MW thread for the VF-0A/S and the first few pages are full of w00t, now I can't wait for the 0D.

No way this will warm shelves. I bet one of David's extra Yamato VF-1S's that he loves so much. :p

-b.

deal! if i win you get me a shelfwarming 0D thats discounted on mandarke and if i lose you have my 1s yamato :D hahaha

The 0D will do better than any M7 fighter, because outside of our tiny group, casual Aircraft fans will pick up closer to real life

aircraft. That's why people that weren't even really deep into Macross were buying VF-4's.

This will be the same case, The more modern the look, the better the sell.
I would not wait to see if this ends up sitting around... I don't see many of anything Arcadia hanging around.

I especially don't see the YF-19 around, and people thought it was going to hang around.

This is for David's earlier query about the Ghosts, and well, no scanner at home so a photo instead....

zFUiujcl.jpg

But ya know what? I think Arcadia should've done the Reactive-Armor first instead of the 0D.

I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin'...

:touche:

Hell no, I want me a plane instead of some missile crates... -_-

deal! if i win you get me a shelfwarming 0D thats discounted on mandarke and if i lose you have my 1s yamato :D hahaha

That's kind of a rich bet buddy, throw in a VF-1A Cavaliers and you're on! :ph34r:

The 0D will do better than any M7 fighter, because outside of our tiny group, casual Aircraft fans will pick up closer to real life

aircraft. That's why people that weren't even really deep into Macross were buying VF-4's.

This will be the same case, The more modern the look, the better the sell.

I would not wait to see if this ends up sitting around... I don't see many of anything Arcadia hanging around.

I especially don't see the YF-19 around, and people thought it was going to hang around.

Exactly.

And it's not like the Arcadia YF-19 was as well received as Yamato's VF-4G, but more likely it was produced in very conservative numbers.

Hell no, I want me a plane instead of some missile crates... -_-

LOL - agreed!

-b.