Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Very nice! I got one of those too.

Did you get the accompanying Minmay?

No, I did not. Minmay did not look that great.

6 hours ago, MKT said:

I liked collecting this too. Surprisingly, this Mylene & associated Minmay figure are still at very wallet friendly prices. The paint may be a bit flat, but the combined stage and book packaging gives them a nice charm..

I know, Mylene was only 600 yen - a steal! I love the Megahouse Macross 7 statues coming in Dec, but they're just too expensive for me (for a statue).

On 8/21/2021 at 10:19 PM, Saviant said:

Thanks I was only given 4 months to live when I was diagnosed, if I didn’t end up in hospital I wouldn’t of survived 2 months. That was how close I was, but I am here living in what form I can. Some days it is bad pain and all that others is good so I take it as it comes

Sorry to hear Saviant. I hope you're enjoying your ride. Sometimes I go for drives, not necessarily to a destination, but only to enjoy the ride. Sort things out, listen to music, listen to the wind, and the sound of the engine. Man and machine in glorious harmony. Have fun, and drive defensively.

The VF-2SS and the 1D are two of my favorites. I also wanted the 1D badly. It was the very first Valk I ever wanted. Sadly NY stiffed me with the fast packs, but hey, one day i'll get a set. Nice display too man.

11 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

( Shizuka the Pregnant Cat, Ph.D. peeks in. )

Wait, there's a Bandai 1/48 VF-1D out now?!?!

Any other upcoming releases + pre-orders coming up soon?  I am sooo out of the loop nowadays.

I miss collecting valkyries, but since I have my own little pilot arriving in a couple of months, I am trying to be good/responsible.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Meow!

P.S.

I miss seeing @jenius post videos to his ScorchedEarthToys YouTube channel on a weekly basis.

P.P.S.

I have been marathoning Star Trek, thanks to encouragement from one of my friends/former classmates.  I miss seeing men wearing one-piece dresses without pants in The Next Generation!  Bring them back!!!!

Congrats on the new Hikkie!

Upppgraaaayyydddd on the left. Man, Bandi knocked it all the way out of the park with this one. I'm super impressed. Now, to figure out where it's actually going to live.:D

The one on the right is going up for sale.

IMG_9225.JPG.4508b1ab5fc46272dc437f5b3bde57ec.JPG

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

Upppgraaaayyydddd on the left. Man, Bandi knocked it all the way out of the park with this one. I'm super impressed. Now, to figure out where it's actually going to live.:D

Sweet!

I haven't opened my re-issue KB yet (from Hobby Search), I don't have any place to display it. And I've still got one at HLJ that I haven't shipped yet.

I get from your feedback that it's a pretty solid release, is there anything in particular you really like, or you're annoyed with?

-b.

On 8/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, Saviant said:

I finally completed a valkyrie I always wanted , VF-1D with super parts. Finding a set of them for a decent price was a challenge.

Also got a VF-2SS, I regret selling my first one so needed another.

And also finally got myself a dream car, always wanted a turbo sport car and since I was diagnosed with terminal cancer I thought it was the time to get and enjoy with whatever time I have left.

757D923C-4091-4E93-BC9B-8AC5693D4943.jpeg

EDB4C5C8-6437-49F8-BE8B-BC15664B9CB9.jpeg

2461D895-BCA6-4AAE-8CBB-B800FC04D583.jpeg

028F11D0-25EE-4B87-8794-AADB39607BAC.jpeg

You're a better man than me. In the same situation I would go full "Hookers and heroine".:D

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. :(

58 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Sweet!

I haven't opened my re-issue KB yet (from Hobby Search), I don't have any place to display it. And I've still got one at HLJ that I haven't shipped yet.

I get from your feedback that it's a pretty solid release, is there anything in particular you really like, or you're annoyed with?

-b.

I love so much about it it's hard to make a list. It's beautiful, the paint seems an inch thick, the details are amazing, the magnetic bodywork is cool, it weighs a TON! The lights are super cool, and I'm not a light guy. This is the first toy I put batteries in. 

My only gripes are that when you pick it up it feels like it has a small "hinge" in the middle. It's not exactly a brick That's being really picky though. I also wish that having Kanedas goggles separate  from his head would be nice. I'd like to have the option of putting them up on his head. Another small gripe.

You're right my man, It's HUGE! I'm going to have an acrylic display box made for it so I can put it on top of my cabinets without the worry of dust.

22 hours ago, sqidd said:

Congrats! That 1/6 set is really a centerpiece. :good:  

I wonder if Medicom upgraded the fabric on the costume. Do you have the old release to compare?

Also, the one on the right, is that McFarlane's?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Congrats! That 1/6 set is really a centerpiece. :good:  

I wonder if Medicom upgraded the fabric on the costume. Do you have the old release to compare?

Also, the one on the right, is that McFarlane's?

I don't have the old figure.

Yeah, that's the McFarlane. The weathered one. It's actually really cool.

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Aw man, is that Subi new too? I feel like they realeased it before right?

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Wow Impreza 22B. I've never seen one in black.

They've released it in at least 2 different colors.  One in dark blue and another in maroon.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Ah, that what I thought. Will try to find this one too!

Cool.  The main 3 that I’m still looking for are the Tesla Cybertruck, X-Men X-Jet, and Premium TMNT Party Wagon.

2BA5A33A-6436-462C-AFDA-DD1CEA127819.jpeg.732d8b9d5bc531188aaa87857a409032.jpeg

E046526A-853C-4991-8DB6-6AA97B7DF199.jpeg.4fe56c6131a70d0ba48c099f93b5a9f2.jpeg

501CF439-593C-4017-80D5-9DE4AD52657B.jpeg.b6dbd5c2b84545f395dc27c99f819c9f.jpeg

Hot Wheels and Matchbox.

That looks WAAYYYY too familiar right now. I tried to put a spreadsheet together as I move to chronicle the toys and which boxes they were in... probably tripled the amount of time moving took.

Took a fast, terrible pict but just received this from @ChristopherB

My seventh 1A and second GBP 1J, which is earmarked to be customed into the black GBP from "Love Flows By". The 1D is my second and is going to wear the super parts like the old model kit. The VF-4 is my first HMR of these. Deciding what I'm going to do with the extra 1J (I already have a GBP and one getting whacked by the Breetai from MEPTOYS).

No description available.

On 8/29/2021 at 9:09 PM, jenius said:

That looks WAAYYYY too familiar right now. I tried to put a spreadsheet together as I move to chronicle the toys and which boxes they were in... probably tripled the amount of time moving took.

Yeah I was considering putting a spreadsheet together but it’s just a time issue. We’re having trouble moving as it is.  This is not fun. 

On 8/29/2021 at 6:09 PM, jenius said:

39 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Yeah I was considering putting a spreadsheet together but it’s just a time issue. We’re having trouble moving as it is.  This is not fun. 

Haha, moving with crazy collections is such a pita. I spent days and rented a uhaul separately just to move parts of my collection myself. Spreadsheets would have taken years to do, literally. I ended up taking pictures of some boxes with part of their contents and a long time ago, I had a contents list that I wrote up and put in boxes or wrote directly on them so I could know what was in them. I still have no idea what’s in most of them.