Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

21 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My mom is already pestering me... "When are you going to get married?" "When are you going to give me grandchildren?" "I'm not getting any younger." "You're not getting any younger."

*sigh*

Moms all have this script God bless them.

Btw no interest in any Zentradi mecha? The HMR Regult? The Queadluun?

49 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hehe don't jinx it...

Valkyries are my first love.

I have always loved fighter plane design... so much so that I ALMOST declared aero/astro as my undergraduate major, but ultimately went computer science and mathematics instead. MIT's "Unified Engineering" is a required year-long course for the aero/astro major... and has a well-earned reputation for being a tough weed-out course and a GPA-killer. *sigh* By comparison, computer science was generally an easier and more flexible major, and let me study aero/astro-related stuff like navigational computation and predictive path finding. 

I do like Miria's battle suit though. Klan Klang and her Pixie team too. But valkyries are so cool! They are jets... that transform. How can you beat that?!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

50 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Hehe don't jinx it...

I'm not, Seti. As a matter of fact, there's already a member looking for one in the Wanted section. Does that mean I'm one of the enabler too? :lol:

After nearly a decade long hiatus:

Hi-Metal R Monster

Hi-Metal R Defender

Hi-Metal R Spartan

Hi-Metal R Glaug

Hi-Metal R VF-1A Mass Production

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Hikaru

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Max

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Miria

Hi-Metal R VF-1S Roy

Arcadia VF-1J Max Premium Format (originally had Miria pre-ordered as well at NY, lost preorder because I was out of town... might re-order)

Going a little overboard, yes.

11 minutes ago, HoveringCheesecake said:

After nearly a decade long hiatus:

Hi-Metal R Monster

Hi-Metal R Defender

Hi-Metal R Spartan

Hi-Metal R Glaug

Hi-Metal R VF-1A Mass Production

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Hikaru

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Max

Hi-Metal R VF-1J Miria

Hi-Metal R VF-1S Roy

Arcadia VF-1J Max Premium Format (originally had Miria pre-ordered as well at NY, lost preorder because I was out of town... might re-order)

Going a little overboard, yes.

*cough cough*  Overboard? Nah, not at all *cough cough*

1 hour ago, zaino said:

items from anime Boston so far 

got the drakken for 20$ it has everything so I’m not sure if he didn’t know what he was selling 

Dang, great deal on the Draken. That's something like 60% off the retail price BEFORE shipping.

I got my J and S type F-14s from Calibre wings in yesterday.     These look really cool.    And if the numbering can be believed I scored 001 of 2000 on the J type.

I so hope they do a Low Viz version of this plane with the UN Spacy logos.. I'd be all over that.    Next up is to add the RMS Style AIM-54s to my VF-103 F-14.. lol

Optimized-20180329_203355.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203451.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203500.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203608.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203633.jpg

Optimized-20180329_203655.jpg

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

How are the hips holding together?

I don't think this one will ever leave fighter mode buddy. I have a few arcadia valks now including the vf-0d, yf-19, vf-1s roy with s-parts and vf-0s (premium pre order) I have heard that the hips are weak on some of them so i don't know if i will risk the transformation. I did pick up the yamato version though for £160 so that will be the one for battroid i think. Do you have this yourself?

5 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I got my J and S type F-14s from Calibre wings in yesterday.     These look really cool.    And if the numbering can be believed I scored 001 of 2000 on the J type.

I so hope they do a Low Viz version of this plane with the UN Spacy logos.. I'd be all over that.    Next up is to add the RMS Style AIM-54s to my VF-103 F-14.. lol

Jealous! lol No.1 is a big deal. Keep hold of it! They look stunning.  i've got the S pre ordered but it says june release but hope it's out sooner!

Edited by TrickyCustomer

13 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Nice score on the #1!!! Also, good idea using the AIM-54 with the VF-104! I just ordered a VF-104 myself and a bit bothered it doesn't come with the Phoenix's, accuracy or not. Needless to say, another Calibre Wings purchase is probably in my future, which is what I didn't want and they surely do want.:lol:

12 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I don't think this one will ever leave fighter mode buddy. I have a few arcadia valks now including the vf-0d, yf-19, vf-1s roy with s-parts and vf-0s (premium pre order) I have heard that the hips are weak on some of them so i don't know if i will risk the transformation. I did pick up the yamato version though for £160 so that will be the one for battroid i think. Do you have this yourself?

I don't have a 0A myself and the horror stories are a big reason for that. The 0S is fantastic and I also have the PF on order. I suspect, the 0A and 0D will also get PF treatment someday as well as the improvements from the 0S so I'll just wait until then to add those to my collection.

24 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Today's other arrival besides the three 31a's ^_^ Bought on ebay for £297 inc P+P......Plus £57 extra vat (stupid damn government) <_<

DSC_0437.JPG

DSC_0436.JPG

Arcadia is pricey, but the VF-0 is a beautiful Valk, so it's worth the cost ;). Got mine VF-0A two weeks ago, but I was lucky, got it for only 2/3 of your price - OK with no VAT :p

10 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Valkyries are my first love.

I have always loved fighter plane design... so much so that I ALMOST declared aero/astro as my undergraduate major, but ultimately went computer science and mathematics instead. MIT's "Unified Engineering" is a required year-long course for the aero/astro major... and has a well-earned reputation for being a tough weed-out course and a GPA-killer. *sigh* By comparison, computer science was generally an easier and more flexible major, and let me study aero/astro-related stuff like navigational computation and predictive path finding. 

I do like Miria's battle suit though. Klan Klang and her Pixie team too. But valkyries are so cool! They are jets... that transform. How can you beat that?!

Ah yes when everything goes haywire, valks will be there to pick you up  ^_^
Hope ur interest in aero/astro  one day translates  into manned shuttles and brings us to mars one day! Dont throw away that interest just because you are in a different field!

btw, i get a big bang theory (the show) vibe going on here...:D:D

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not, Seti. As a matter of fact, there's already a member looking for one in the Wanted section. Does that mean I'm one of the enabler too? :lol:

You enabler? Noooooooooo.......:lol: anyway who isn't in this crack den? This is macrossworld!:lol:

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I'll do my best! :D

343f061e25ba86b98bf6c983130d2783.jpg.7a3352cc2cb3fff604ea9520f3e09638.jpg

Cant wait!!

9 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Today's other arrival besides the three 31a's ^_^ Bought on ebay for £297 inc P+P......Plus £57 extra vat (stupid damn government) <_<

I know that feeling too well.. My two separate purchases of the HMR VF-1J with the GBP and the HMR VF-2ss (Silvie) both from Manda from got dinged by CSBA upon arrival in YVR (paid roughly close to $120 CDN for both).. <_<

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I know that feeling too well.. My two separate purchases of the HMR VF-1J with the GBP and the HMR VF-2ss (Silvie) both from Manda from got dinged by CSBA upon arrival in YVR (paid roughly close to $120 CDN for both).. <_<

It's unfortunately part of the game I'm finding. Only way around is to find sellers that know how to bypass it by marking as gift or low value. On the plus side think I have finally found a 25g I was after ^_^

7 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

It's unfortunately part of the game I'm finding. Only way around is to find sellers that know how to bypass it by marking as gift or low value. On the plus side think I have finally found a 25g I was after ^_^

Then you're lucky, it took me 2 years to get one at a reasonable price and without paying high taxes. But was worth the wait. 

55 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeti stands are far and away the best stands ever. 

http://www.yetistand.com

Thanks.

I was re-watching @jenius' review of the Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S and was amused when he said, and I quote... "You should be warned, purchasing one often leads to purchasing more than one."

*sigh* Tell me about it.

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thanks.

I was re-watching @jenius' review of the Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S and was amused when he said, and I quote... "You should be warned, purchasing one often leads to purchasing more than one."

*sigh* Tell me about it.

That's how addictive VF-1 is.

12 hours ago, CrossAir said:

At least no additional costs, eh?! A Macross collectors' life can be so hard...

Indeed sir, from finding to buying, waiting times to extra costs, and from quality issues to storage space. All hurdles one may come across when buying valks. Still... We endure :D