Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Whenever I see hauls like these, I always realize that I don't have a lot of funds and extra time to build.  :cray:

But... awesome haul by the way. :good: ;) 

Thanks guys! Had fun doing it. ;)

Now, I'm searching which Itasha clip to use next so I can use my pretty wallet pic once again. ^_^

BTW, do I have permission to post this elsewhere when appropriate? I have a feeling it will come in handy.:D 

4 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

BTW, do I have permission to post this elsewhere when appropriate? I have a feeling it will come in handy.:D 

Please do so. It's all for fun. Just make sure you stay clear from HG. Hahaha! :lol:

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Whenever I see hauls like these, I always realize that I don't have a lot of funds and extra time to build.  :cray:

But... awesome haul by the way. :good: ;) 

Thanks guys! Had fun doing it. ;)

Now, I'm searching which Itasha clip to use next so I can use my pretty wallet pic once again. ^_^

haha i think there is an opportunity for when arcadia's ivanov's pricing gets announced...

cant seem to find a decent sv-51 gif so far tho...

Edited by seti88

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

haha i think there is an opportunity for when arcadia's ivanov's pricing gets announced...

cant seem to find a decent sv-51 gif so far tho...

Should we just replace SV-51 'peek-a-boo' head with the wallet? :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, seti88 said:

*snip*

technically not the ivanov, but at the end where nora blasts shin from top would be a nice wallet killer? :D:D

That's going to be a big close-up bleeding wallet pic. Hahaha! :lol:

55 minutes ago, seti88 said:

technically not the ivanov, but at the end where nora blasts shin from top would be a nice wallet killer? :D:D

42 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's going to be a big close-up bleeding wallet pic. Hahaha! :lol:

I'm actually thinking of the part when the Koening fires the nuclear warheads at Sara (as the Birdman) and Shin flees the area for safety as the warheads explode (Episode 5: Time frame of roughly 28:00 to 28:50). Just do the necessary changes as you see fit. :D 

Edit: Forgot to give you the link for reference..

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I'm actually thinking of the part when the Koening fires the nuclear warheads at Sara (as the Birdman) and Shin flees the area for safety as the warheads explode (Episode 5: Time frame of roughly 28:00 to 28:50). Just do the necessary changes as you see fit. :D 

Edit: Forgot to give you the link for reference..

Yeah! I remember that scene. Ok. Will add to the list. ;)

Seeing as we are talking boxes, Who here does away with their boxes? I'd be curious to know if some of you just have the valks and extras and do away with the packaging. I can definitely see the benefit of it. As a collector though I guess I just have to have the boxes for sake of having it complete. Having said that I did do away with my boxes for the neca 1/4 preds guarding my detolf. Now they were big boxes! :lol:

4 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Seeing as we are talking boxes, Who here does away with their boxes? I'd be curious to know if some of you just have the valks and extras and do away with the packaging. I can definitely see the benefit of it. As a collector though I guess I just have to have the boxes for sake of having it complete. Having said that I did do away with my boxes for the neca 1/4 preds guarding my detolf. Now they were big boxes! :lol:

Whenever possible, I keep everything including the boxes. I still have the original boxes for most of my vintage Transformers and other toys as a kid. Another reason why my life is surrounded by piles and piles of boxes within boxes.

4 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I'm actually thinking of disposing my big boxes too. I already thrown out my small figure boxes. But I always think that I also need the big ones just in case we move esp the Valk boxes. But right now, I'm also doing Tetris. ^_^

14 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

In your animation with bullets raining down from the VF-0's rifle, you should make it rain dollar signs or yen... or maybe a combination of dollar signs, yen, and euros?

Now, now, I think that's too much. I have to sleep and eat in-between. Not to mention taking care of my 9 year old son. :lol:

Just now, Slave IV said:

Whenever possible, I keep everything including the boxes. I still have the original boxes for most of my vintage Transformers and other toys as a kid. Another reason why my life is surrounded by piles and piles of boxes within boxes.

Hate myself for throwing away all the boxes of my transformers when I was a kid. But during that time I did not value these as collectables :unsure:

Just now, no3Ljm said:

I'm actually thinking of disposing my big boxes too. I already thrown out my small figure boxes. But I always think that I also need the big ones just in case we move esp the Valk boxes. But right now, I'm also doing Tetris. ^_^

Now, now, I think that's too much. I have to sleep and eat in-between. Not to mention taking care of my 9 year old son. :lol:

Macross fandom = nourishment

9-year old son = production assistant

*grin*

10 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

For every figure I own and have opened, I have at least an extra that is MISB/MIB unopened.  There was a section of my storage room that was all empty boxes.  I decided to throw out a lot of them but I still haven’t gotten to all of them.

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

15 minutes ago, CrossAir said:

I kept and will keep my boxes if it concerns collectable "toys". Boxes from kits I tend to throw away when I got out of space. I only keep those as well if I like the art work of the box.

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Interesting guys thanks, there are definitely pros and cons when it comes to the boxes. I tend to also keep mine in the shipper boxes they arrived in too,  which are generally bigger still. But it's peace of mind knowing they are protected vs space consumption. The bandai valk boxes are indeed a convenient size compared to the yamato and even Arcadia boxes. Ironically it's the yamato and Arcadia valks that are the rarest in my collection so big boxes plus bigger box is unfortunately the way it has to be. I do also buy double or more of some types purely so I can keep one misb and the other as a mess around. 

30 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I keep all my boxes, though I should really toss some, like the Robot Spirits figures, Tamashii stages, and my one Sheryl figure.

The boxes from my model kits I flatten and stack.

Talking about boxes on either to keep or discard.. There's actually multiple threads on the TFW2005 boards that has been talked about in regards to this subject (and I believe that you have read this as well @Slave IV)?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/boxes-packaging-to-keep-or-not-to-keep.958001/

Check out Nevermore's post as well since your there.

Here's a link to Maz's write up: https://tfsource.com/blog/2017/08/22/sacrilege/

As also an TF collector (official, 3rd party and a few KO's as well), you're not the only ones that have this dilemma. 

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Interesting guys thanks, there are definitely pros and cons when it comes to the boxes. I tend to also keep mine in the shipper boxes they arrived in too,  which are generally bigger still. But it's peace of mind knowing they are protected vs space consumption. The bandai valk boxes are indeed a convenient size compared to the yamato and even Arcadia boxes. Ironically it's the yamato and Arcadia valks that are the rarest in my collection so big boxes plus bigger box is unfortunately the way it has to be. I do also buy double or more of some types purely so I can keep one misb and the other as a mess around. 

49 minutes ago, borgified said:

Talking about boxes on either to keep or discard.. There's actually multiple threads on the TFW2005 boards that has been talked about in regards to this subject (and I believe that you have read this as well @Slave IV)?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/boxes-packaging-to-keep-or-not-to-keep.958001/

Check out Nevermore's post as well since your there.

Here's a link to Maz's write up: https://tfsource.com/blog/2017/08/22/sacrilege/

As also an TF collector (official, 3rd party and a few KO's as well), you're not the only ones that have this dilemma. 

We also have its own Box threads here just FYI. You don't need to look elsewhere for it. ;)

ARGH! Why am I so weak?  Why?!

Stupid ebay 15% of everything coupon... I swore I would avoid HMR valkyries. *sigh*  I have fallen down the rabbit hole.

*bangs head on table repeatedly* baka baka baka baka

So... I guess I have a VE-1 Elintseeker, a VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max), and a VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Miria) coming... eventually.

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

ARGH! Why am I so weak?  Why?!

Stupid ebay 15% of everything coupon... I swore I would avoid HMR valkyries. *sigh*  I have fallen down the rabbit hole.

*bangs head on table repeatedly* baka baka baka baka

So... I guess I have a VE-1 Elintseeker, a VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max), and a VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Miria) coming... eventually.

2 words. Panic. Buying.

^_^

Just now, no3Ljm said:

2 words. Panic. Buying.

^_^

I did do some price comparing to Jungle, AmiAmi, HLJ, CD Japan, and such, factoring in shipping costs. So. I think I am saving a little bit using the ebay coupon....

*sigh*

I feel light headed and hungry now. Well, at least I might lose a little bit of weight going down to 1 mean a day to save money to fund my valkyrie purchases.

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

There is another 15% off coupon currently?

Aha! Atleast there's someone who stays away from temptation by not browsing the Sell, Trade, and Buy Section. ;)

But... don't think you can get away with it, so here you go:

11 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I did do some price comparing to Jungle, AmiAmi, HLJ, CD Japan, and such, factoring in shipping costs. So. I think I am saving a little bit using the ebay coupon....

*sigh*

I feel light headed and hungry now. Well, at least I might lose a little bit of weight going down to 1 mean a day to save money to fund my valkyrie purchases.

By the way, don't think you just saved enough. Here you are going the 1 meal a day thing now. Hehehe. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

CODE:  PREPSPRING 

Expires today 8pm PST.

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Aha! Atleast there's someone who stays away from temptation by not browsing the Sell, Trade, and Buy Section. ;)

But... don't think you can get away with it, so here you go:

Thank you very much! Or in other works, I hate you guys for giving me the extra push and enabling me to buy that Calibre Wings F-14!:D

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thank you very much! Or in other works, I hate you guys for giving me the extra push and enabling me to buy that Calibre Wings F-14!:D

There you go. We just made another member happy and broke at the same time. :lol:

Now where's our commission? :rolleyes: