Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Yamato VF-17 mold but my collection seemed incomplete without one. Now I can have one in Fighter- and one in Battroid-Mode which is all I need. I actually prefer the Bandai VF-171  even if it has its issues.  It just locks together in Fighter-Mode so much better. 

2 hours ago, spanner said:

Yeah same here, which is why I got them for my collection. Yes they did grow on me once I had them but over time I felt that I could do just as easily without them so off they went. No regrets yet either.

Yes the 171 are a mad thing! I'd also like to get a couple more CF-171 and have one in each mode!

Glad to see that the VF-171s still have some love despite its issues and the crazy tight arm joints. 

Might pick up the Luca's EX as possibly. 

15 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Where did you find the MAXL? 

From an auction.  

My next shipment has a B-Club 1/100 Metal Siren Battroid, Hobby Base 1/100 VF-11 MAXL Mylene Valkyrie Fighter, Wave 1/100 YF-19 Battroid, Wave 1/100 YF-21 Battroid, another HMR Armored VF-1J, and another Wave 1/100 FZ-109F Battroid.

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So... I was about to order a couple of YetiStands to display my Arcadia/Yamato v2 1/60 scale VF-1 collection, but as I was about to checkout my shopping cart, I hesitated.  I thought to myself, "For the cost of these stands, I could buy another valkyrie..." 

ARGH!  Has anyone else here ever thought that? How do you decide?! ARGH!

It's the same principle when buying Valk Armor/Super Parts. You could buy another Valk, yes. But you buy the armor anyway, why? Because what you really want is your Valks looking cool AF.

Yeti Stands allows you to do that...

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice Xabungle pics! Damn, I need to mess with mine some more. 

Nice - now I think I want one too lol. 

I don't actually have much memory of watching Xabungle on TV as a kid, but do recall having a non-transformable toy when I was really small.

What do you think is a reasonable (after-market) price to get one at these days, and where would you go to look?  Thanks much.

Edited by rdrunner

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Nice - now I think I want one too lol. 

I don't actually have much memory of watching Xabungle on TV as a kid, but do recall having a non-transformable toy when I was really small.

What do you think is a reasonable (after-market) price to get one at these days, and where would you go to look?  Thanks much.

Original msrp was 16,200 Y and it looks like shops still offer discounts on it so I'd suggest checking any of the usual japanese online shops. here is one:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20271-hi-metal-r-xabungle.html

Also a bunch here:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1070300412&ref=list

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Original msrp was 16,200 Y and it looks like shops still offer discounts on it so I'd suggest checking any of the usual japanese online shops. here is one:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20271-hi-metal-r-xabungle.html

Also a bunch here:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1070300412&ref=list

Thanks very much!  Interesting how N-Y seems to offer cheaper base prices compared to others, but their shipping and exchange rate markups ain't small from experience.  This is probably going to be my fourth purchase as I continue to wait for my N-Y Kairos order to come through... lol. 

Just now, rdrunner said:

Thanks very much!  Interesting how N-Y seems to offer cheaper base prices compared to others, but their shipping and exchange rate markups ain't small from experience.  This is probably going to be my fourth purchase as I continue to wait for my N-Y Kairos order to come through... lol. 

Just a FYI, you can pay in Yen at NY and just eat the 3% from your credit card company instead. Saves a bit.

1 minute ago, rdrunner said:

NY is my goto shop because they consistently have lower prices for preorders. They markup a lot of items after release so it just depends. From my experience, their shipping is one of the lowest, along with HLJ but they also offer more options including ferry. Single item orders might be cheaper to ship at some shops but with teh NY discount, they often ship for around the same or less than other shops before adding their shipping charge. Anyways, I hope you get your 31A...I wish I got an order in on time for it at NY.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just a FYI, you can pay in Yen at NY and just eat the 3% from your credit card company instead. Saves a bit.

Yep, you should always pay in Yen and preferably, use a credit card with no foreign transaction fee. You can potentially be saving a lot of money.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

NY is my goto shop because they consistently have lower prices for preorders. They markup a lot of items after release so it just depends. From my experience, their shipping is one of the lowest, along with HLJ but they also offer more options including ferry. Single item orders might be cheaper to ship at some shops but with teh NY discount, they often ship for around the same or less than other shops before adding their shipping charge. Anyways, I hope you get your 31A...I wish I got an order in on time for it at NY.

Thanks, I hope so too. N-Y has been my go-to place for Japanese toys (mostly Macross series) and while they may have been slow to send orders in the past, I thought their packing is pretty good and have not had much trouble with them in the past. Despite this situation with the Kairos, I still think I will be ordering from them for now.  Had placed a preorder for the super ostrich and now probably the Xabungle as well...

9 hours ago, hachi said:

You enablers are going to make Shizuka buy more valks to fill up that detolf! :lol:

Yep! :p

Since that Shizuka was asking about Yeti stands, I think we all pushed her even more to spend $$ out of her own pocket and that she can add her collection photos into the "Macross Collection Display Thread". I think that she still needs to get at least one of the 1/48 valks sooner or later to spice up her collection.

32 minutes ago, borgified said:

Yep! :p

Since that Shizuka was asking about Yeti stands, I think we all pushed her even more to spend $$ out of her own pocket and that she can add her collection photos into the "Macross Collection Display Thread". I think that she still needs to get at least one of the 1/48 valks sooner or later to spice up her collection.

As it is, I am already collecting Arcadia/Yamato v2 1/60, Bandai HMR, and Toynami 1/100 scale valkyries.

Don't make me buy another form-factor... please!!!  1/48 scale? It's too big. It could not possibly fit.

I just opened up and transformed my HMR VE-1 Elintseeker this afternoon *cough* instead of writing my research papers *cough*. I have to admit, knowing that the HMR cost 1/7 what I paid for my Yamato v2 version makes me feel far more comfortable playing with it as a toy... along with the knowledge that I ordered a second HMR last night.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

As it is, I am already collecting Arcadia/Yamato v2 1/60, Bandai HMR, and Toynami 1/100 scale valkyries.

Don't make me buy another form-factor... please!!!  1/48 scale? It's too big. It could not possibly fit.

I just opened up and transformed my HMR VE-1 Elintseeker this afternoon *cough* instead of writing my research papers *cough*. I have to admit, knowing that the HMR cost 1/7 what I paid for my Yamato v2 version makes me feel far more comfortable playing with it as a toy... along with the knowledge that I ordered a second HMR last night.

1/7? *does math in head*

You paid around 50k yen for your Yamato version? :blink:

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*cough*  before shipping *cough*

I can understand that... because I've been trying to hunt down a V2 1/60 Elint Seeker myself ever since opening up my HMR version. 

Earlier this week I bought a VF-0S from a fellow member, and it was delivered today.  Sadly, I could see the USPS guy holding the box through my security camera, but since nobody was home, he took it away and just left a delivery notice...

I'm "working from home" tomorrow morning just so I can be first in line at the post office to pick it up tomorrow morning!!

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

An item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. I'm just impressed by your commitment. ;)

Agree.  Considering recent price hikes by Arcadia on the 1/60 V2 line, and the fact that you get an original RAINBOW CANOPY version of a rare classic valk, I say be happy with your purchase and enjoy it.

Wowza! $50K yen for a Yammie VE-1 and it's the Rainbow canopy version.. I wouldn't even scratch that amount of cash even if it was listed, however I'm quite impressed for your commitment @Shizuka the Cat. Which reminds me that I still need to hunt for a 1/60 VF-1J with the GBP (either the Yammie V.2 or the Arcadia version).

I only have 3 of the 1/60 valks, 5 HMRs (not including the Ostrich for now) and a Strike/Fast Pack for a 1/48 valk. As for the valk itself, I already picked it out and just need get it shortly either this month or the next (and hopefully that it's still listed).

I just wanted to say thanks to all the people helping me with my questions regarding display stands.

I ended up deciding to give FlightPose's 6 inch stand a try, as a low-cost solution.  Ordered two of them for $30, including 2 day shipping.

Hopefully, this will do the trick.

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I just wanted to say thanks to all the people helping me with my questions regarding display stands.

I ended up deciding to give FlightPose's 6 inch stand a try, as a low-cost solution.  Ordered two of them for $30, including 2 day shipping.

Be careful with those. The rubbery nubs at the tips are known to eat paint. So if you use them, be sure the nubs are not in contact with any painted surfaces. Bare plastic is fine.

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Not a bad choice...I ordered flightpose at first too. Then decided I really wanted the Yetistand instead. Good thing is you will have extra stands that will come in handy.

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Be careful with those. The rubbery nubs at the tips are known to eat paint. So if you use them, be sure the nubs are not in contact with any painted surfaces. Bare plastic is fine.

This. You can also just put a film in between the stand nubs and your Valk. Something like the plastic they use to protect parts inside the box. 

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Good to know. Thanks!  Maybe I can wrap the rubbery nubs with Saran Wrap?

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Not a bad choice...I ordered flightpose at first too. Then decided I really wanted the Yetistand instead. Good thing is you will have extra stands that will come in handy.

This. You can also just put a film in between the stand nubs and your Valk. Something like the plastic they use to protect parts inside the box. 

Oh dear... seeing you say "I ordered flightpose AT FIRST TOO" now has me worried that FlightPost will end up not being my destination, but along the eventual path to Yetistand. LOL.

12 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Good to know. Thanks!  Maybe I can wrap the rubbery nubs with Saran Wrap?

Oh dear... seeing you say "I ordered flightpose AT FIRST TOO" now has me worried that FlightPost will end up not being my destination, but along the eventual path to Yetistand. LOL.

Lol, pretty much. Yetistands are by far, the best stands made for Valks and other high end toys. When you think about the price, it hurts but then think about how much you've invested in these beautiful Valks and that they deserve something not only equally precise but also extremely secure to hold your valks safely. 

As for the flightpose, yeah, I used Saran Wrap and it will work fine. Looking back, something more refined like what I originally suggested would be better but as long as the paint is protected, you will be ok. 

Look forward to seeing updated pics of your collection!

Edited by Slave IV

*sigh*  I just ordered an HMR VF-1S strike valkyrie (Roy) for 12,240 yen, before shipping cost.

My god, this HMR thing is a bottomless pit of quicksand, isn't it?

I get to add this to the VE-1 Elintseeker I currently have, plus the following either already on order, pre-order, or shipping...

VT-1 Super Ostrich x 2, VE-1 Elintseeker (will be my second one), VF-1J Super (Max), VF-1J Super (Miria), VF-1A Super (Hikaru), VF-1S (35th anniversary), VF-1A (mass production), and a VF-1J (Hikaru).

*sigh* So... I wonder how much a person can make doing Uber. Does the income sufficiently off-set the cost of increased driving, including wear-and-tear? 

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

59 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh*  I just ordered an HMR VF-1S strike valkyrie (Roy) for 12,240 yen, before shipping cost.

I get to add this to the VE-1 Elintseeker I currently have, plus the following either already on order, pre-order, or shipping...

VT-1 Super Ostrich x 2, VE-1 Elintseeker (will be my second one), VF-1J Super (Max), VF-1J Super (Miria), VF-1A Super (Hikaru), VF-1S (35th anniversary), VF-1A (mass production), and a VF-1J (Hikaru).

*sigh* So... I wonder how much a person can make doing Uber. Does the income sufficiently off-set the cost of increased driving, including wear-and-tear? 

You haven't even touched the stars of the HMR line yet...the enemy mecha and destroids! Wait until you get your hands on some Regults and the Monster!

Yeah, I know...you only care about the Valks. For now. That's what we all thought. 

Edited by Slave IV

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

You haven't even touched the stars of the HMR line yet...the enemy mecha and destroids! Wait until you get your hands on some Regults and the Monster!

Yeah, I know...you only care about the Valks. For now. That's what we all thought. 

For me, I only cared about the regults...That's what I thought...

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Getting into this toy collecting hobby in addition to my book collecting hobby has made me seriously think about how to get additional sources of income. I wish I knew that priorities/hobbies could change the day I started my first job. :lol:

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

12240 Yen for Roy is not a bad price at all today.

4 hours ago, hachi said:

For me, I only cared about the regults...That's what I thought...

Getting into this toy collecting hobby in addition to my book collecting hobby has made me seriously think about how to get additional sources of income. I wish I knew that priorities/hobbies could change the day I started my first job. :lol:

Yep, my first HMR was the Regult and then it was over...I had to get them all after I experienced that one!