Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

AmiAmi has a pre-owned Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Miria) for 15,180 yen, but it is missing the little baggy of optional parts. Not a bad price, in my opinion, if you wanted to add another VF-1 to your collection. I'd be seriously tempted, if I did not already own this.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-029641-R

Thanks for the link.  A Miria would be nice but I think it will need to be paired with a Max as well...

My wish list for V2 VF-1's is the 1D (30 year re-release with the option parts), VE-1, VT-1 and the 1D virgin road version (if they will ever re-release that one again, which I doubt).  I think with the three that I have (1S super, 1J GBP and CF), the basic variation is complete, or at least that's what I keep telling myself for now...

Some good deals I got from AmiAmi, aside from the Mazinger that it was in new and in sale, the other said pre-owned item A/ Box B, first time I buy some items that says pre owned and I think it will not be my last, it will be the beginning :D 

IMG_3855.thumb.JPG.eff1458d48dc10b9d1f2b2e61e5cb0ab.JPG

2 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Some good deals I got from AmiAmi, aside from the Mazinger that it was in new and in sale, the other said pre-owned item A/ Box B, first time I buy some items that says pre owned and I think it will not be my last, it will be the beginning :D 

IMG_3855.thumb.JPG.eff1458d48dc10b9d1f2b2e61e5cb0ab.JPG

Congrats on the haul. Was vascillating over that ET Mazinger now that it's in sale (only way I buy ET stuff), how is it?  

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

1 hour ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Congrats on the haul. Was vascillating over that ET Mazinger now that it's in sale (only way I buy ET stuff), how is it?  

Here is a quick picture  I took a few moments ago:

mazinger.PNG.b51e270f96fea6e78c093282a1b95963.PNG

After checking the quality the price that is at AmiAmi right now it barely enters kinda fair price, more than that I think is too much, I think I know why this figure is heavily discounted , the main figure has a bit of heft to it mostly comes from the ball shape magnets all allocated in the joints, everything else feels kinda cheap plastic :( , also the right leg from the knee down the joint is very loose. If by any case you have the Bandai Super Robot Chogoking Mazinkaiser Color version or other versions , the Mazinkaiser is miles way better in quality or any other Bandai Super Robor Chogokin than this one.

The Scrander with the wings and the sword the first time I grab it  it felt  like I was going to break it, very very light feel plastic, still putting aside all the cons, the colors and details of this version of Mazinger in all parts are spot on is a really nice looking figure, in the end I'm happy with my purchase along side all the other figures but definitely I was expecting more from this one since its original price is double than that, but now I feel I didn't get any discount on it :D.      

53 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Here is a quick picture  I took a few moments ago:

mazinger.PNG.b51e270f96fea6e78c093282a1b95963.PNG

After checking the quality the price that is at AmiAmi right now it barely enters kinda fair price, more than that I think is too much, I think I know why this figure is heavily discounted , the main figure has a bit of heft to it mostly comes from the ball shape magnets all allocated in the joints, everything else feels kinda cheap plastic :( , also the right leg from the knee down the joint is very loose. If by any case you have the Bandai Super Robot Chogoking Mazinkaiser Color version or other versions , the Mazinkaiser is miles way better in quality or any other Bandai Super Robor Chogokin than this one.

The Scrander with the wings and the sword the first time I grab it  it felt  like I was going to break it, very very light feel plastic, still putting aside all the cons, the colors and details of this version of Mazinger in all parts are spot on is a really nice looking figure, in the end I'm happy with my purchase along side all the other figures but definitely I was expecting more from this one since its original price is double than that, but now I feel I didn't get any discount on it :D.      

So in the end, any Evolution Toys is really not worth it with the price they're going for? Whether it's MSRP or discounted price, is that correct?

As much as I really love to have a Legioss in my collection, I couldn't with ET even though it is on sale at CDJ. I really learned the lesson with ET with my only purchase which is the VF-2SS. :unsure:

On 4/1/2018 at 8:15 PM, anubis20 said:

Woot! Got my March Tamashii exclusives today that includes the 31A ^_^ thank goodness I dont have to use NY. 

New Haul 04/01/2018

That looks like an early Christmas! I'm looking over the Amiami and HLJ sales. Perhaps I'll find one of the items on my list for sale.

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

So in the end, any Evolution Toys is really not worth it with the price they're going for? Whether it's MSRP or discounted price, is that correct?

As much as I really love to have a Legioss in my collection, I couldn't with ET even though it is on sale at CDJ. I really learned the lesson with ET with my only purchase which is the VF-2SS. :unsure:

Well for the Mazinger that I got definitely not wort the price even at a discount with a final prince of Y7000, still Evolution Toys have lots of other series of figures but at the same time their record about  releasing figures without any issues is not that good, I was actually trying to get too a Legioss but then I remembered the releases of the VF-2SS Valkyries and all the issues those valks have so I didn't preorder it,  since  Mazinger Evolution Toy is from another series beside Macross and it doesn't have the complex transformation of a Marcross figure I thought it would be way better quality but nope I was wrong, it looks like they continue with their QA issues to other series as well. 

So in short answer is not worth the price ET are asking for their figures, there are way better quality figures out there and way cheaper in price in my opinion.

So... I showed one of my friends my new Valkyrie collection today, before heading out to grab some brunch.

She thinks I might have gone over the deep end.... just a little bit. 

I did point out that she probably spends more on wine in a year than I did on my Valkyries. (No, I don't think she is an alcoholic, but she does regularly drink a glass or 2 each day). I also told her that Valkyries are like my wine... they grow finer with age. But she is of the opinion that wine or clothes or jewelry is a better purchase.

*sigh* Normals.... am I right? *sigh*

Okay, I admit it.. I like clothes and jewelry too. But Valkyries beat out alcohol any day of the week!

Oh, she did say something funny. She thought the Elintseeker's yellow schlong stood out too much. Now I keep imagining Valkyries needing pants.

15 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Those eBay coupons are evil :lol:

New Haul 04/02/18

Tell me about it! I have no pics but revived one ebay item yesterday and should be getting another shipment soon because of those coupons. 

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So... I showed one of my friends my new Valkyrie collection today, before heading out to grab some brunch.

I did point out that she probably spends more on wine in a year than I did on my Valkyries. (No, I don't think she is an alcoholic, but she does regularly drink a glass or 2 each day). I also told her that Valkyries are like my wine... they grow finer with age. But she is of the opinion that wine or clothes or jewelry is a better purchase.

Okay, I admit it.. I like clothes and jewelry too. But Valkyries beat out alcohol any day of the week!

Oh, she did say something funny. She thought the Elintseeker's yellow schlong stood out too much. Now I keep imagining Valkyries needing pants.

Haha, good perspective. Most my friends don't say anything but I'm sure they think I'm a nut for having such an immense toy collection. The other friends are just as bad as I am and we just call ourselves nuts. But yeah, if you just want to look at it from a value standpoint, Valks seem to hold their value and actually increase more than clothes or even some jewlery and wine.

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

5ac3ba3fe420a_images(1).jpg.08e63197e1391b0cf06c5127c24b3321.jpg

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4382

On 4/1/2018 at 3:34 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh*  I just spent the past few hours setting these up.... rather than doing school work. *sigh*

20180401_182337.jpg.6694c796ce6cbefb0d8a8588c2659df1.jpg

Okay... time to be productive... for at least a few hours.... I hope?

Where did you find TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki?  I've been searching high and low for those 2, in either 1/48 or 1/60, and have come up empty.  I even had an easier time finding a VT-1 Super Ostrich (sale pending).

After seeing your posts, I feel a LOT better.  Finally, someone who has gone even more overboard than me. :lol:  I just started collecting since X-mas and in less than 4 months have over 25 valks in both 1/48 and 1/60 scale (mainly thanks to the help of the many fine folks on this site).  I'm only going for the main canon valks though, from SDF and MacPlus.  The two TV Max and Kakizaki are the only ones I still don't have.  Someone posted these two about a month ago here (at awesome prices) but I missed it by an hour (that's what I get for spending time w/ the wife and kids... lol).

Congrats on the collection, though.  Looks like it's shaping out to be a great one.

Edited by dafob
grammar/spelling

8 minutes ago, dafob said:

Where did you find TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki?  I've been searching high and low for those 2, in both 1/48 and 1/60, and have come up empty.  I even had an easier time finding a VT-1 Super Ostrich.

After seeing your posts, I feel a LOT better.  Finally, someone who has gone even more overboard than me. :lol:  I just started collecting since X-mas and in less than 4 months have over 25 valks in both 1/48 and 1/60 scale (mainly thanks to the help of the many fine folks on this site).  I'm only going for the main canon valks though, from SDF and MacPlus.  The two TV Max and Kakizaki are the only ones I still don't have.  Someone posted these two about a month ago here (at awesome prices) but I missed it by an hour (that's what I get for spending time w/ the wife and kids... lol).

Congrats on the collection, though.  Looks like it's shaping out to be a great one.

25 valkyries in 4 months? WOW!  I am up to 8 1/60 scale valkyries in a bit over 2 weeks. *cry*

As for the Kakizaki and Max VF-1A TV versions, I ordered those from Jungle. These, along with Roy's VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, were the first purchases I made. Max was 30,240 yen, while Kakizaki was 20,520 yen, both before shipping and 5% processing fees, which together tacked on an additional $80+ to the cost. *sigh*

I do see a 1/48 VF-1A Max TV version listed as brand new on eBay for a buy now price of $350 + $20 shipping. Not sure if that is a good deal or not, as I have been avoiding the 1/48 scale toys. 

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

25 valkyries in 4 months? WOW!  I am up to 8 1/60 scale valkyries in a bit over 2 weeks. *cry*

As for the Kakizaki and Max VF-1A TV versions, I ordered those from Jungle. These, along with Roy's VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, were the first purchases I made. Max was 30,240 yen, while Kakizaki was 20,520 yen, both before shipping and 5% processing fees, which together tacked on an additional $80+ to the cost. *sigh*

I do see a 1/48 VF-1A Max TV version listed as brand new on eBay for a buy now price of $350 + $20 shipping. Not sure if that is a good deal or not, as I have been avoiding the 1/48 scale toys. 

Thanks for the tip.  I checked Jungle every now and then but not as often as I should. 

As for the 1/48 TV Max on eBay: I've been lucky enough so far to get most of the valks at "reasonable" prices.  I'm now at the point where I'm hitting the "rarer" ones and have been paying exorbitant prices (YF-21, VF-11B, VF-1D, VT-1).  I've been avoiding that 1/48 TV Max listed on eBay hoping I could find it cheaper elsewhere but I'm about to give in soon.

I think you and I should go to rehab together and seek help for this addiction. :lol:

2 minutes ago, dafob said:

Thanks for the tip.  I checked Jungle every now and then but not as often as I should. 

As for the 1/48 TV Max on eBay: I've been lucky enough so far to get most of the valks at "reasonable" prices.  I'm now at the point where I'm hitting the "rarer" ones and have been paying exorbitant prices (YF-21, VF-11B, VF-1D, VT-1).  I've been avoiding that 1/48 TV Max listed on eBay hoping I could find it cheaper elsewhere but I'm about to give in soon.

I think you and I should go to rehab together and seek help for this addiction. :lol:

I spent $500 for my Yamato v2 1/60 VE-1 Elintseeker + $25 shipping... and that was after taking $50 off thanks to an eBay coupon.  By far my most expensive, single valkyrie purchase. It hurt... it hurt a lot... but it felt so good. 

I wonder if buying drugs on the street is cheaper than collecting valkyries? LOL

I'd be happy to join you in rehab, so long as rehab does not require me to get rid of my collection.

no photos but picked up two DX VF-25A from Japan to replace the two I stupidly sold off.. Open/Used but in excellent condition of course and not expensive either! 

I regretted selling them as I wanted to have three CF-25 on display again.

Edited by spanner
Uno Dos Tres Cuatro!

So... I was about to order a couple of YetiStands to display my Arcadia/Yamato v2 1/60 scale VF-1 collection, but as I was about to checkout my shopping cart, I hesitated.  I thought to myself, "For the cost of these stands, I could buy another valkyrie..." 

ARGH!  Has anyone else here ever thought that? How do you decide?! ARGH!

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

28 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So... I was about to order a couple of YetiStands to display my Arcadia/Yamato v2 1/60 scale VF-1 collection, but as I was about to checkout my shopping cart, I hesitated.  I thought to myself, "For the cost of these stands, I could buy another valkyrie..." 

I've thought about that for sure but the stands are so good...They are an enhancement to the Valk and such good quality. Definitely worth it.

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

Soon you'll have to buy a Detolf to display all of your Yeti-Stands with Valks on them... then another to stuff full of HMRs... just like the rest of us!:D

Edited by slide

29 minutes ago, slide said:

Soon you'll have to buy a Detolf to display all of your Yeti-Stands with Valks on them... then another to stuff full of HMRs... just like the rest of us!:D

And then the moment she'll order Detolf, she will tell herself - "For that price, I can buy another HM-R Valk." Oh, the dilemma. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

What is a Detolf?

Here you go (I had to go on the Ikea.ca website for reference for this): https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10119206/

There's actually a Ikea US (and international) website that you can go to.

Edited by borgified
further refined details

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Yamato VF-17 mold but my collection seemed incomplete without one. Now I can have one in Fighter- and one in Battroid-Mode which is all I need. I actually prefer the Bandai VF-171  even if it has its issues.  It just locks together in Fighter-Mode so much better. 

1 minute ago, Scyla said:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Yamato VF-17 mold but my collection seemed incomplete without one. Now I can have one in Fighter- and one in Battroid-Mode which is all I need. I actually prefer the Bandai VF-171  even if it has its issues.  It just locks together in Fighter-Mode so much better. 

Yeah same here, which is why I got them for my collection. Yes they did grow on me once I had them but over time I felt that I could do just as easily without them so off they went. No regrets yet either.

Yes the 171 are a mad thing! I'd also like to get a couple more CF-171 and have one in each mode!