Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

As others have said, the non-valks are the real star of the HMR macross line.  I don't think I'll ever give up my enemy mecha, they are just too cool.  I'd definitely recommend the glaug while you can still get it under MSRP.

The valks have the double problem of being an older design than most of the rest of the line (although it has been tweaked), and having a great 1/60 scale line to compare against, so they don't stack up as well.  They are still well made and fun, though.

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

As others have said, the non-valks are the real star of the HMR macross line.  I don't think I'll ever give up my enemy mecha, they are just too cool.  I'd definitely recommend the glaug while you can still get it under MSRP.

The valks have the double problem of being an older design than most of the rest of the line (although it has been tweaked), and having a great 1/60 scale line to compare against, so they don't stack up as well.  They are still well made and fun, though.

Thanks - I haven't gotten into the enemy or non-VF1 side of the HMR line yet.  What's a sensible price to pay for a Glaug these days?

23 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Original msrp was 16,200 Y and it looks like shops still offer discounts on it so I'd suggest checking any of the usual japanese online shops. here is one:

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20271-hi-metal-r-xabungle.html

Also a bunch here:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1070300412&ref=list

9 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks - I haven't gotten into the enemy or non-VF1 side of the HMR line yet.  What's a sensible price to pay for a Glaug these days?

See above...posted on the previous page.

I'm not sure if you guys are talking about the same thing, as those links are for the Xabungle.  It doesn't look like Mandarake has any more glaugs, unless I'm missing something.

But to answer your question @rdrunner, I'd say if you can get it at or under $120 (usd) shipped, that is a decent price.  They were going for the high 90's shipped at one point, but I think that low is passed.

3 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm not sure if you guys are talking about the same thing, as those links are for the Xabungle.  It doesn't look like Mandarake has any more glaugs, unless I'm missing something.

But to answer your question @rdrunner, I'd say if you can get it at or under $120 (usd) shipped, that is a decent price.  They were going for the high 90's shipped at one point, but I think that low is passed.

Ah crap, sorry...wrong links. Got confused because I pointed out the Glug to someone else recently too. It's available at NY for under MSRP.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/15289-hi-metal-r-glaug.html

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

See. NY is not really that bad. They still offer some figures under MSRP. :p

:ph34r: ^_^

Haha, I don't care what anyone says, I love NY! they have given me a collection I never dreamed of for less than anyone else could. So what that I just got my Elintseeker the other day while others have already forgotten theirs? I still have it!:D:ph34r:

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Sweet! Let me know what you think of it :) This cost me £158 inc shipping not bad for a brand new valk.

2kh6yd.jpg

my first valk from the Macross Zero series. This 0-S is a thing of beauty. Thanks very much to @anubis20. Now I’m gonna speed home and take this out of the box! :D

45 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

2kh6yd.jpg

my first valk from the Macross Zero series. This 0-S is a thing of beauty. Thanks very much to @anubis20. Now I’m gonna speed home and take this out of the box! :D

Hmm... Needs a reactive armour to complete it. :lol:

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

2kh6yd.jpg

Congrats!, one of my most wanted Valkyries ever!, such a beautiful design, I hope this year can get one , or even a VF 0D .

12 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Congrats!, one of my most wanted Valkyries ever!, such a beautiful design, I hope this year can get one , or even a VF 0D .

Thank you! I bought this off a fellow member here and am glad I finally took the plunge - passed on the opportunity twice when I had the chance to get this. Oh well better late than never. If they ever reissue the 0-D I will surely stay up for the PO!

9 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

If they ever reissue the 0-D I will surely stay up for the PO!

It's Arcadia. You don't need to stay up late to PO it. Just PO it when you wake up the following day. ;)

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's Arcadia. You don't need to stay up late to PO it. Just PO it when you wake up the following day. ;)

Especially since if they do a reprint it'll probably be a Premium version, and cost north of $400, on top of being a production volume to match pre-orders.

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hmm so if Bandai raised the prices of their DX Chogokins to similar levels, we wouldn’t be having any PO parties at midnight anymore? Lol :D

7 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Hmm so if Bandai raised the prices of their DX Chogokins to similar levels, we wouldn’t be having any PO parties at midnight anymore? Lol :D

You need to stop. Don't give Bandai such ideas. Hahaha! :lol:

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

2kh6yd.jpg

Hmmm i may have to get one lol Looks good man ;) oooohhh i didn't realize it was an arcadia version. Even better then! :D

Edited by TrickyCustomer

Yeah, I've almost pulled the trigger on several of those.  How do they compare to the Arcadia vf-1s?

I just can't get over the sticker shock on the vf-0s.  I know they are bigger and what-not, but I still can't personally justify the price on something I only kinda want (although I did enjoy Mac Zero).

I'm also hoping for an Arcadia ghost booster bundle.

48 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, I've almost pulled the trigger on several of those.  How do they compare to the Arcadia vf-1s?

I just can't get over the sticker shock on the vf-0s.  I know they are bigger and what-not, but I still can't personally justify the price on something I only kinda want (although I did enjoy Mac Zero).

I'm also hoping for an Arcadia ghost booster bundle.

The Arcadia VF-0S is the best Valk figure ever made by any company. It's worth the money!

12 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The Arcadia VF-0S is the best Valk figure ever made by any company. It's worth the money!

I wouldn’t call it the best ever but it’s a fantastic show piece. It’s worth the price IMO.

7 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Personally, I like the VF-31 and VF-19Advance better. It’s all a matter of opinion.

True...the opinion part. I think the VF-0S is better made and better looking than either of those two but yeah, my opinion. 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not sure if for Arcadia Macross Zero figures is that easy to get a preorder or the YF 19 Arcadia one, it would be nice to know how severe was the preorder madness if there was a madness in the first place for those Valkyries :D, my guts are telling me there is going to be a Arcadia YF 21 very soon and I think a preorder for this kind of figure it definitely not going to be easy, well unless is not a Premium with its ridiculous prices.  :p

ARGH!  Why am I so weak?!  Why can't I stop buying Macross toys?!  Why must @jenius' video reviews be so good that they make me lust after these toiys?!  WHY?!

*sigh* 

I have so many regrets...

I regret charging everything on my 1.5% cash back Capital One credit card, instead of using my Chase card, which I just discovered currently gives 5% rewards on PayPal purchases. I could have earned an extra $140 in rewards... *cry*

Now I am finally going to take a break from buying Macross toys. Really. I'm done.

(* checks eBay watch list *)

Okay, in just under 12 hours, I am done!  Until I graduate.... or until a decently-priced Yamato v2 VT-1 Super Ostrich pops up.

*sigh*

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

ARGH!  Why am I so weak?!  Why can't I stop buying Macross toys?!  Why must @jenius' video reviews be so good that they make me lust after these toiys?!  WHY?!

*sigh* 

I have so many regrets...

I regret charging everything on my 1.5% cash back Capital One credit card, instead of using my Chase card, which I just discovered currently gives 5% rewards on PayPal purchases. I could have earned an extra $140 in rewards... *cry*

Now I am finally going to take a break from buying Macross toys. Really. I'm done.

(* checks eBay watch list *)

Okay, in just under 12 hours, I am done!  Until I graduate.... or until a decently-priced Yamato v2 VT-1 Super Ostrich pops up.

*sigh*

But is your Chase card 0% foreign transaction fee? I don't think so. The 1.5% plus no fee for capital one probably evens out with the chase giving you 5% but charging a likely 3%+ fee. 

@Shizuka the Cat: You know what's even worse that collecting Macross valks? Having other stuff that we collect also, albeit it may be in TFs, comics, tokusatsu, mecha, Lego, et all.. You get the jest of it.

Not long ago, I pre-ordered another 1/6 figure (to be out by Q2 of this year) and have funds actually set aside for this. The worst thing is to be in debt for the rest of your life and you can't even make the payments due to the interest that's slapped on it (and you keep in buying more stuff to satisfy your plastic crack habits; therefore going deeper into the debt pool).  Having a collection is one thing, just budget your expenses accordingly.

On a side note, I just pulled the trigger on a 1/48 valk last night as it actually the last listing available from the two that was listed earlier.     

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@Shizuka the Cat: You know what's even worse that collecting Macross valks? Having other stuff that we collect also, albeit it may be in TFs, comics, tokusatsu, mecha, Lego, et all.. You get the jest of it.

Not long ago, I pre-ordered another 1/6 figure (to be out by Q2 of this year) and have funds actually set aside for this. The worst thing is to be in debt for the rest of your life and you can't even make the payments due to the interest that's slapped on it (and you keep in buying more stuff to satisfy your plastic crack habits; therefore going deeper into the debt pool).  Having a collection is one thing, just budget your expenses accordingly.

On a side note, I just pulled the trigger on a 1/48 valk last night as it actually the last listing available from the two that was listed earlier.     

I finally decided to sit down and figure out how much I spent on Macross toys, as I had lost track with all the little purchases I made. Since starting on March 19th, I blew a grand total of almost $4350. 

That was both a bit shocking and sobering for me. The rough estimate I had been floating in my head was about a thousand dollars less than what I actually spent. Realizing I spent this much is actually freaking me out a bit. I think I really may be a shopaholic, have an addiction, and have gone a bit crazy. I am literally shaking a bit in panic. Not good... not good.