Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm pretty sure Arcadia is going like the VF-4G, everything made to order, hence the upped price and they're compensating with extra stuff to at least justify the price for us customers.

I think their real first full blown release will be the v2 YF-19.

yeah i think you're on to something. from skull militia's post it looks like arcadia has a deadline of 12/1 for the hikaru 1s. personally it's the way to go to keep value for these and what connor99 said... avoid over saturation of the market.

i'm feel better now getting one and not worrying six months later they're in the bargin bin for 50% off because they over produced.

This would be a good business strategy, one that Yamato should have used instead of the one they opted for which was over saturation.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 1 month later...

love the new stand....wonder if all of them are this way or just the vf-1s roy? i prefer it to the grey quite a lot. i already hav a dyrl vf-1s roy though....albeit it has floppy shoulders by now (not broken just loose....unlike any of my other valks oddly enough other than the vf-1s hikaru...oddly the two that are being reissued first).

For some reasons the folks in Japan crave the transparent materials.

because it looks like its flying when its clear sorta. also if you photo on certain backgrounds its very easy to pshop out the stands if clear.. i hate bandai stands with a passion...looks like the valk has a giant plastic stick up its ass....because it does. lol.

because it looks like its flying when its clear sorta. also if you photo on certain backgrounds its very easy to pshop out the stands if clear.. i hate bandai stands with a passion...looks like the valk has a giant plastic stick up its ass....because it does. lol.

Nope I meant in general they crave the clear version. Clear super parts, clear Hasegawa or Bandai kits, clear Anime characters or hairs, too much to list down but these are always the special edition gimmick that people after the most over there. I could be wrong.

I broke down and pre-ordered this even though I have 2x now. I could not resist lol. I told myself I was not going to get the Arcadia DYRL Roy and Hikaru 1S's as I did not need them, but Arcadia wins.

Edited by Loop

I don't understand, what do you mean by tight shoulder joints? Are you talking about brand-new, out-of-the-box quality?

I think all of the stuff mentioned so far is worth the price increase, especially if the extra tampo printing turns out to be a real thing. As nice as the detail is on my Yamato v1 Roy, there are some very minor imperfections that could use some improvement. I was impressed with how well the VF-1J Anniversary turned out and that gives me hope that the same attention to detail will go into the other Arcadia VF-1 releases.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Review is up on Arcadia for the vf-1s display stand.

check out the pics

http://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-11662707878.html

he notes:

• that he sticker-ed on himself (so that should kill the more tampos speculation)
  • sticker sheet as roughly the same as yamato
  • previous version (yamato) the inverted triangle by the nose was tampo'd on, on this one he omits it. and apologizing asking for you to sticker it on this time.
  • options parts (arm pit and neck covers) will be standard from now on and going forward for future vf-1 releases
  • the stand design is pretty much the same as the one included for the sv-51
Edited by davidwhangchoi

I broke down and pre-ordered this even though I have 2x now. I could not resist lol. I told myself I was not going to get the Arcadia DYRL Roy and Hikaru 1S's as I did not need them, but Arcadia wins.

I am still resisting, but the temptation is there lol.

Too bad those stands are so big and bulky and take up so much space. I had to store away the ones that came with the SV-51s as well as the launch arm stand so I could display more stuff without them in the way. They really need to just refine the design of the mighty block stands so that the rotational points have some teeth instead of relying on very poor friction to hold something up. They'd probably also be cheaper to make than those bulky stands. I mean those mighty block stands were only what? $10 -12 when they were out?

Too bad those stands are so big and bulky and take up so much space. I had to store away the ones that came with the SV-51s as well as the launch arm stand so I could display more stuff without them in the way. They really need to just refine the design of the mighty block stands so that the rotational points have some teeth instead of relying on very poor friction to hold something up. They'd probably also be cheaper to make than those bulky stands. I mean those mighty block stands were only what? $10 -12 when they were out?

the mighty block stands would be better if they just eliminated that rotation point altogether. IMO the bandai gundam action base stands are a serviceable solution with that custom adapter exo made. they can be had for like 6-10 bucks, come in a variety of colors and is stable enough for a VF-1. still its not stable enough for more dynamic banking/posing etc...which that SV-51 based stand should be

Oh well, the tampo thing was a nice dream.

Based on that decal/sticker sheet, it will be interesting to see the final version with just the factory paint job. I'm thinking we will get Roy's stripes, the black tail fins, the thrusters, the intakes, the detail around the cockpit, the base color for the fighter itself, and whatever accents I'm forgetting about in Battroid mode.

I guess most of the fine details that Yamato used to add stock are now user-applied decals/stickers in this release? And, unless I misunderstand what is being presented in the photos, even the Skull Squadron insignia is now a decal/sticker. Interesting.

The photos look great!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh well, the tampo thing was a nice dream.

Based on that decal/sticker sheet, it will be interesting to see the final version with just the factory paint job. I'm thinking we will get Roy's stripes, the black tail fins, the thrusters, the intakes, the detail around the cockpit, the base color for the fighter itself, and whatever accents I'm forgetting about in Battroid mode.

I guess most of the fine details that Yamato used to add stock are now user-applied decals/stickers in this release? And, unless I misunderstand what is being presented in the photos, even the Skull Squadron insignia is now a decal/sticker. Interesting.

The photos look great!

if you owned the yamato one, it's going to be pretty much the same tampos minus the one he mentioned. if you're confused, just dig around the MW, there's plenty of vf-1s user photos.

Thanks for the clarification, David. I have a v1 VF-1S without stickers on my desk here at the home office, but the sticker sheet is in the box and that isn't handy. You are right in that I was starting to wonder if it was just the one triangle detail or if other details were going to require stickers as well.

So that's good to know.

Review is up on Arcadia for the vf-1s display stand.

check out the pics

http://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-11662707878.html

he notes:

• that he sticker-ed on himself (so that should kill the more tampos speculation)
  • sticker sheet as roughly the same as yamato
  • previous version (yamato) the inverted triangle by the nose was tampo'd on, on this one he omits it. and apologizing asking for you to sticker it on this time.
  • options parts (arm pit and neck covers) will be standard from now on and going forward for future vf-1 releases
  • the stand design is pretty much the same as the one included for the sv-51

The Ejection Seat Warning symbol is a CORE marking on the VF-1 just like the Intake Warning Symbols. If they choose not to have the Ejection Seat Warning Triangle Tampo Printed and make us put a BS sticker on the nose that will look just like what it is which is a sticker, It will be a deal breaker for me on the pre order I have. I'll buy an earlier version DYRL for the increased Tampo. Very bad decision in my opinion if its really been deleted.

That ejection seat warning symbol's tampo has fluctuated back and forth with the VF-1. Some of mine have then tampo'd others do not. And this is across the lifetime of the Valk, so it's not like only early versus late releases didn't have them and suddenly did. They seem to drop off and then be added back.

Edited by Mommar