Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

I keep bouncing this back and forth in my head. I have all of the Yamato DYRL and TV valks, I thought it would be cool to have multiples. Now I am thinking I will be cancelling both the ROY and Hikaru 1-S valks because they really will not fit into my current collection. This is going to be a first for me if I do cancel them. On one hand I already have stands from Yamato that are pretty similar to the ones issued here, but they don't have the storage section and the more rectangular base. I also have the older Yamato release VF-1S Roy that does not have the option parts and I have official shoulder replacements without the knurled pins. I preferred the rainbow canopy too although some have had problems with it. Arcadia just had to make it hard on me lol.

Because trying to get the right canon ocurrance between SDFM and DYRL wasn't confusing enough, Macross The First is the same storyline in it core of SDFM but with several new changes. :wacko:

At first I didn't like the new head design, but the new scheme really suits the more menacing look.

167504209_big.v1379348747.jpg

This is a kit that can't transform?

And whats the scale?

This is a kit that can't transform?

And whats the scale?

It's a custom non-transforming model, I think it's 1/100 scale, don't know much of this model, saw it at hkml.net

Maybe we'll only see the box few days/a week before release? There's still about half of November left to go to release this.

I guess we should be getting some info next week before getting payment request for preorders. I have a dreary feeling there will not be Tenjin boxart. :(

Well, I guess the upside to having the Roy in bright white is that if it gets old and turns piss yellow, it'll still match the stripes. :p

I'll probably just use the stand, and leave it in the box. I live in the desert, and even completely sealed in boxes, I've had stuff yellow just from getting too hot, or being too near an outside wall.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nemo Mr. K 's friend, is asking for a photos of the roy box cover since it's being released this month.

hopefully we'll get an early peek at the box today.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I just hope they stick to packaging that matches each other.

Like Bandai, I like my boxes to match so they could also be displayed.

Hell even the 1J's box would be fine in matching white.

Although I wish Arcadia could just have Tenjin do all the box arts lol.

Would make the boxes have value in a display.

Well, I'm still holding out for the old DYRL color, since I hate yellowing plastic. That old Arcadia pic looks like it's still the off-white, since the kite markings look brighter than the jet itself, but that might just be my eyes being tired.

Worst case, I get another bright white VF-1S. Oh well. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

Yeah that old Arcadia pic is extra bright. You can tell from the yellow too.

Hard to compare from there considering the lightings are different.

You're right, it's hard for me to compare because of too many differences. I take back comparing and in it's place just looking at all 3 together because I love them all!

Too bad they didn't go with a fixed photo shoot setting and have them in the same generic poses (at least the Yamatos'). I wonder if they did the lighting of the TV and DYRL differently on purpose for effect as the backdrop looks the same.

To me it looks like Arcadia just used a TV version and changed the pilots and the head arrows since it's missing a lot of the markings on the DYRL or are they stickers?. I don't own any of these valks so I can't tell the subtle differences.

Even post editing can change the way they look so the best way I'll compare is to buy all 3 and physically look at them side by side.