Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

VF-0 for the next, please.

I hope more for VF-22S Max and Milia myself but it's really only the Milia version that I want... next will probably be VF-17 though since Mr. K said that the YF-21 won't be next after the YF-19.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Also the VF-17 Frankenstein is a cool toy. Even if it suffers from the hollow back syndrome. I like it a lot although it is not complete out of the box because you have to trim (!!!) and apply the markings by yourself.

Even though it's already been shot down by Arcadia, my number one wish is still a VF-2SS w/SAP.

Anyway, here's my currecnt wish list from Arcadia:

1. 1/60 VF-2SS with SAP (Macross II).
  2. 1/60 VF-2JA (Macross II).
  3. 1/60 VF-17S Nightmare, Milia Type (Macross 7).
  4. 1/60 VF-11C Full Armoured Thunderbolt (Macross 7, VF-X2).
  5. 1/60 Fz-109A/F Elgerzorene (Macross 7).
  6. 1/60 VF-5000B Star Mirage (TIAS M+, MPGE, M3).
  7. 1/60 VF-3000 Crusader (M3).
  8. 1/60 VF-19A Excalibur (VF-X2).
  9. 1/60 VA-3C (VF-X2).
  10. 1/60 VF-0D Phoenix, Shin Type & Normal Type (Macross Zero).

I think we have a decent chance of seeing numbers 3, 8 and 10 on the above list.

Graham

Guest davidwhangchoi

you know to come to think if it,

all those replies on twitter on the projects saying he's not ready to do right now as well has what he wants to do may not have any bearing on what the next project might be.

as he shares in the development diary, that he openly shared wanted to redo the sv-51 but that was at the time and a lot changed and he ended up doing the yf-19.

this is all theoretical speculation:

since he shared he wants to try and do one new mold each year aside from re-releasing variants of a current existing mold, (that may not actually happen that way but that's his conservative projection)

there's 2 positions i think he may be in:

• one, he's still working on the yf-19 due out in april 2014 and arcadia hasn't finalized/approved the next project yet. projected sometime in 2015. in that case, arcadia would be gauging the success of their first project under Mr. K and the macross line before determining which project to approve next. perhaps seeing the initial pre-orders gives Mr. K more capital and freedom to venture out into more ambitious/risky projects for his next proposal for 2015. (maybe the discussion for the next project is going on right now ^_^ )
  • two, he has already proposed, approved and begun preliminary designs for the next project and has kept it under wraps till the 19 is released. and possibly the success of the 19 gives him room to propose a second or third project that fans want for 2015-2016 and beyond.

off the top of my head he said

yf-21, is not next

11c, no plans right now to redo

vf2ss, is not profitable

51sv, talked about it but didn't get to it as plans change time to time but wants to do it. (makes it seem far away)

phalanx, no plans to do so (i'm not sure)

the vf-9 cutless, he's have difficulty with the difference of mass: fighter small, battroid medium mass,

vf-14 would prefer to do as the successor to the vf-4

0D, another project that can be a risk

x-9, he didn't really say no.

sdf-1 TV, he came aboard late after the DYRL ver was made but he would like to revisit the sdf-1

going by his twitter, if it's the first position, then all of the suggestions that fans want and he is saying "not now" may come into consideration when they discuss what to do next.

if it is the second case, i still think some of the molds people asked about may be one of the projects but he is being coy and secretive about it. bc the diehard fans must've asked about every possible mold...

0d, 9, 14, sv51 is my guess in that order.

anyways, i can't wait till we find out what's next

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Did he mentioned the VF-5000 at any point during his tweets. I figured it would be the only Valkyrie left that was shown in Macross movies/shows/OVAs after all the unlikely answers.

I guess that Arcadia could be reusing the YF-19 mold but with different colour schemes or make the VF-19F and VF-19S from a new mold.

Maybe but I cannot really see that happen since the Macross 7 iterations are very different to the YF-19. Again, like the VF-17 the VF-19 are still available at a discount (!!!). Sure Arcadia might be a different company then Yamato but their customer base is the same and the customers are saturated with VF-19s. I wouldn't mind a new and matte VF-19S but I'd rather see a completely new Valkyrie from Arcadia next.

So yes they could reuse it but only several years down the line if they don't want to harm their business. At that point the also could do a completely new VF-19 mold. :)

Edited by Scyla

It seems that Arcadia are very wary about making valkyries that only appeared in computer games so with that you can write off the VF-3000, VF-5000, VF-9 and the VF-14.

To the VF-11 Mr. K said no plans right now and I think that he said something similar about the VF-4 so that leaves the VF-17 and more YF-19's and the VF-22 but since Mr. K said that the YF-21 won't be next and I don't think that Arcadia would be making the VF-22 before the YF-21 so that removes the VF-22 from the list of possible valkyries.

And with the VF-17 getting released last year and not selling that well I think that you can write off that one as well.

Whew... this turned out to be a bit of a long rant but the bottom line is that the next valkyries from Arcadia that are not VF-1's would be more YF-19's or the VF-19F / VF-19S.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Well the VF-5000 was in Macross Dynamite 7 if I recall it correctly.

I'm just going to watch this message board and see what's happening while I fiddle with my new YF-19 when it is getting released in April.

Hmm, actually, a VF-1C would be a pretty easy thing for them to make. Old VE-1 mold, new nosecone, head, gun & fastpacks, DONE.

EDIT: Even the head is just the VE-1 w/ some extra greeblies.

Probably would also need to add some new attachment points as the boosters do not seem to attach to the backpack on this particular model....

But, yeah...seems like something Arcadia could easily do.....wonder if their Macross 7 license includes Dynamite variable mecha?.....

The 19P only appeared in Dynamite, so I guess it does.

Really hopping for a new valk, enough 19's already. February seems so far away....

Also the VF-22S Gamlin custom.

I hope so too....but not sure how the licensing works....Yamato obviously had rights to produce valks from both Macross 7 and Macross Dynamite 7.....I believe someone mentioned that Arcadia had the Macross 7 license...but does that also include rights to Macross Dynamite 7?

With that said....hoping that a VF-5000 and VF-14 come out of those licenses....and a VA-3!!!

Edited by jvmacross

I hope for Arcadia's sake they stay away from the VF-19's, 22's, 17's and Kaki's because they are still just sitting around.

Instant death to release current shelf warmers.

I agree. At least for now it would have to be something that everyone would buy instantly.

I'd have to say VF-2SS - I'd buy that instantly (almost regardless of price) - I know that's a long shot, but I always thought the VF-4 was a long shot too.

I was the one who asked MRK about the Vf-11C. I was actually asking about a reissue not a redo. I'm not sure which MrK though i was asking about. I should have worded that better.

I'm with Graham with wanting the VF-2SS as the next release. In my mind it makes more sense even if Macross 2 isn't that well liked. A hero valk of a so-so show would sell better than an obscure valk that hasn't been seen in any animation in my opinion. I also see a vf-5000 or Vf-14 before a vf-9 or vf-3000 since the former had minor appearances in animation compare to the latter have no appearances.

I hope for Arcadia's sake they stay away from the VF-19's, 22's, 17's and Kaki's because they are still just sitting around.

Instant death to release current shelf warmers.

Do you have a shop that is selling Kakizakis VF-1A from DYRL?

OT: It is obvious that hero Valkyries sell better so Arcadia should release one of does. But besides the VF-0D I don't have any idea what they are up to for their next project (other then Macross 2 which is, sadly, not possible).

Even though it's already been shot down by Arcadia, my number one wish is still a VF-2SS w/SAP.

Anyway, here's my currecnt wish list from Arcadia:

1. 1/60 VF-2SS with SAP (Macross II).
  2. 1/60 VF-2JA (Macross II).
  3. 1/60 VF-17S Nightmare, Milia Type (Macross 7).
  4. 1/60 VF-11C Full Armoured Thunderbolt (Macross 7, VF-X2).
  5. 1/60 Fz-109A/F Elgerzorene (Macross 7).
  6. 1/60 VF-5000B Star Mirage (TIAS M+, MPGE, M3).
  7. 1/60 VF-3000 Crusader (M3).
  8. 1/60 VF-19A Excalibur (VF-X2).
  9. 1/60 VA-3C (VF-X2).
  10. 1/60 VF-0D Phoenix, Shin Type & Normal Type (Macross Zero).

I think we have a decent chance of seeing numbers 3, 8 and 10 on the above list.

Graham

This list makes sense for Arcadia if flipped....2 new molds (M0 and M7)...then a repaint....throw in some re-releases (DYRL 30th in 2014, time for a VT-1....some VF-1 variants (Alaska base?) or Hasegawa collaboration repaints in-between new molds.....then three new molds (M7, M3 would be a first)....an armor set (M7 or M3).....a repaint (M7)...a VF-1 variant (Milia's M7 VF-1J)....then two new molds (Macross II in 2017 for the 25th anniversary!!!)

Hmmmmmm???

I think it's because if I remember correctly, Macross II was not made by Kawamori and Co. Big West wanted to profit on DYRL popularity and Kawamori was done with Macross at the moment and Big West hired other people for the story and design resulting in the lackluster storyline, low popularity and to finally be considered and alternate universe storyline.

Kawamori always says that he's never seen Macross II. I think Macross II is just considered not profitable enough since it almost killed Macross until Kawamori was convinced to return and adapt the story and designs he was working at the moment to become Macross Plus.

Macross II being released in US has nothing to do. Macross Plus was also released in the US.

I'd love a VA-3!!! But I want a VF-5000 first

Edited by Valkyrie addict