Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Guest davidwhangchoi

X-9 Ghost?

that i don't think he ever said no too. but i wouldn't want a non "deformation" mold personally. i think that would be easy to engineer.

i think that's reaching a bit... i do feel the vf-0d is a strong candidate but the hint Mr.K gave... it's a rare craft.

hmmm wonder what is considered rare that makes sense business-wise to produce?

so far he confirmed the next new mold not considered a repaint or re-release:

"no" means he wants to do but in the future not now

• yf-21v2 no
  • vf-14 no
  • cutless "9" no
  • sv-51 v.2 no
  • vf-11c v.2 no
  • vf-2ss no
  • phalanx no
  • monster no
  • koieng monster no
  • vf-4 2012 no
  • (any others that he said "not now" too) ???

so hmm wonder what it'll be...

SDF-1 TV? :rolleyes:

Guest davidwhangchoi

VF-4 2012 is just due to the FB2012 licensing being difficult to obtain.

But it wasn't a no. He even said VF-4 will be back.

the "no" on the post means "not now" as indicated on the list...

i think that's reaching a bit... i do feel the vf-0d is a strong candidate but the hint Mr.K gave... it's a rare craft.

hmmm wonder what is considered rare that makes sense business-wise to produce?

so far he confirmed the next new mold not considered a repaint or re-release:

"no" means he wants to do but in the future not now

• yf-21v2 no
  • vf-14 no
  • cutless "9" no
  • sv-51 v.2 no
  • vf-11c v.2 no
  • vf-2ss no
  • phalanx no
  • monster no
  • koieng monster no
  • vf-4 2012 no
  • (any others that he said "not now" too) ???

so hmm wonder what it'll be...

So Arcadia just plans to make different coloured VF-1's? I am disappointed. <_<

I think the 11 Kai uses too much ani-magic to be made. Maybe the 0D can be considered rare because of the delta wings. Another one would be the Ghost X-9 or the VF5000. I can't think of another rare valk. I mean, SDF Macross is out in terms of valks and Frontier is also out of the question. That leaves us with 0, Plus and 7. There isn't much to be made in terms of rare commercial valks

Guest davidwhangchoi

So Arcadia just plans to make different coloured VF-1's? I am disappointed. <_<

they are clear on making a new mold release per year as well as re-release past molds in between: Max and Miria as soon as they file to get the licence to do so in 2014 (credit: skullmilitia for asking Mr. K directly)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Did anyone ask Mr. K about making a VF-5000 or VB-3? I think it wouldn't be to difficult to create transformation wise. Someone made a resin kit (although in a different scale) that could transform for both of them so the possibility is there.

Has Mr. K indicated that the new mold is for a "VF"?

Basically, the only VF's that have not been made, in some for or other as PT, are the VF-9, VF-14, varuta valks, Macross II valks, VF-3000, VF-5000 and the VA-3 (dang, we are so close).....unless they somehow managed to score the license for Macross Frontier (doubtful)....

Whatever it is...it has to be something that will sell and most people will want in their collection......they can't one-up themselves into BK just yet...... ;)

Edited by jvmacross

Has Mr. K indicated that the new mold is for a "VF"?

Basically, the only VF's that have not been made, in some for or other as PT, are the VF-9, VF-14, varuta valks, Macross II valks, VF-3000, VF-5000 and the VA-3 (dang, we are so close).....unless they somehow managed to score the license for Macross Frontier (doubtful)....

Whatever it is...it has to be something that will sell and most people will want in their collection......they can't one-up themselves into BK just yet...... ;)

Bandai is currently holding that license and I doubt that they would give it to Arcadia or can two different manufacturers share the same license?

Remember when Bandai had the Macross 7 license since the 90's and only released those shitty DX toys? Bandai held so tight to that license that their VF-1's are coming out all crooked now.

I even bet Yamato had to payed them and Big West a substantial sum to release the license to them so they could do the VF-11/17/19/22 hence why they were so freaking expensive, could also be a reason why they went bust too.

So I say they'll probably never fully release the Frontier license.

The new mold could be a VF-1 v3, just keep that in mind!

I say that because:

A) it would be "new"

B) it starts a new "line" of VF-1's

C) Instant new Pokemon buying strategy.

Starting with the two most wanted valks Max and Miriya.

I know a lot of you will say " I won't buy"

And I also know, you're lying!

Edited by skullmilitia

MrK says he wants to do the TV SDF-1.

But I can't translate after that.. Have a go at it

@Mrk_arcadia: @Skullmilitia おはようございます。

SDF-1_TV版は作りたいですね。

要は私が作っていない機体は一通りやりたいと思っています。

I think the most needed are new vf-0 toys. When they released originally, that was during a time that quality wasn't the best. Today they can make durable versions and make things like reactive armour and vf-0D which they never got to make last time.

I think that whatever fans say they want (based on popularity of the design in polls) that is what they should do first (easier profit) and then work their way down to the less-popular designs. (eg variable glaug which I would love to see) While that is happening release the usual SDFM toys for the latecomers or army builders who missed the boat. (give them better boxes like toynami masterpiece collections lol)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Remember when Bandai had the Macross 7 license since the 90's and only released those shitty DX toys? Bandai held so tight to that license that their VF-1's are coming out all crooked now.

I even bet Yamato had to payed them and Big West a substantial sum to release the license to them so they could do the VF-11/17/19/22 hence why they were so freaking expensive, could also be a reason why they went bust too.

So I say they'll probably never fully release the Frontier license.

Even if they did release the license there would not be much incentive to buy new toys if the current ones are good enough to meet the standards of those who bought the bandai toys.

If you are happy with the renewals, why buy them again?

This is why older series like mac 0 would be best since there is no competition here. They could do stuff like the wheeled destroids in this that they have not attempted yet. Maybe arcadia could go the cheap route too and make sets of small toys of all the non-transforming mecha in macross universe like yamato did with the GNU line? I think that's what they could have done with the destroids or glaug or space fighters you see at the start of SDFM when the ARMD01 and 02 space carriers are attacked at the beginning of the tv series. Or maybe those black drones? The small toys would be great for desk toys you could play with.

I say that because:

A) it would be "new"

A V3 would have to seriously impress me to make me want another Focker or any other character or paint scheme.

-Kyp

I say that because:

A) it would be "new"

But it won't be rare as Mr. K said, and anyone who bought one of the new Arcadia VF-1 would be really pissed off. Is just speculation, but there aren't many rare valks yet to be done outside the Frontier line.

Edited by 3D-Brainx

I wish they just raised funds through Kickstarter so all the fans of the rare valks could forward thier money and when the adequete money was raised to create it, arcadia would have no excuse to not work on the thing.

If you want Variable Glaug or SDF1 TV series toy, you could donate to it and it happens when the required number of people raise the money. So much easier..

Some people want space lobsters and octos right? Well put your money where your mouth is.

If the creator of megaman games can raise money for mighty no.9 (clone of megaman) why can't these toy companies do it for risky toys?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mega-man-creator-on-how-kickstarter-could-rejuvenate-the-japanese-gaming-scene/1100-6413953/

The fanbase is loaded with money and wants these companies to take it. Just set it up so you donate, the project completes, and the product is sent directly to you.

Shoji Kawamori could probably make a Macross Alternative (just like the megaman alterantive) for fans outside japan to make money doing transforming plane toys. The big problem of macross being that it is tied to legal disputes with Harmony Gold which prevents us seeing macross shows outside of japan. (this is bad because it limits the market to sell the toys to)

The story behind megaman was that its IP holder Capcom, didn't show much interest in the series (they cancelled the last game on the 3DS) and the fanbase is perceived by them to have died off or not be interested enough in it anymore to be worth risking the release of new megaman games anymore in the future. The creator of the megaman game series then went indie, created kickstarter fund-raising campaign to get an alternative to Megaman for fans of the Megaman games, and now that they have raised the necessary funds to complete the project, fans can enjoy a spiritual successor megaman games made by the creator who no longer works at capcom.

Why doesn't this happen for macross? Imagine if S.Kawamori were to reboot macross without using the macross title just like this guy did by inventing a new series "Mighty No.9" to bypass the problems with the "Megaman" IP owned by Capcom?

That would be cool. Technically they already tried to reboot macross with macross zero and updating the VF design with the VF-0. (basically a vf-1 with curves on it, has a bigger size, and requires constant refueling)

But this would mean they could make a whole new macross-like IP and then have the creator of it (who designs all those mecha) partner with Arcadia to be the exclusive license holder for the toys. No more bullshit of waiting for bandai who always make it hard for everyone to buy their stuff due to gundam being naturally the competitor to macross as a robot show, and them(bandai) favouring their own homegrown robot show over macross by making macross toys scarce and annoying to buy.

I'm pretty sure the japanese macross fanbase is just as pissed at that lol. Why should they let the big guy sit on top of such a loved series and have that big company only reisue old toys or worse yet, make the good toys hard to obtain.

Arcadia currently has SDF-Macross and Macross Plus license for sure.

So my bet is VA-3 Invader. (and also HWR-00 Destroid Monster Mk II is possible if Mr.K gets OK from company).

I'm sure Mr.K wants to challenge on these two. VA-3 was released by Studio Halfeye before, and 1/100 Destroid Monster... you know..left big room for improvement.

Edited by kyekye