Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Guest davidwhangchoi

Holy S, he just said there is a possibility for a version 3 in the future.

BAM!

he's saying that it may be a possibility but it's a long ways off. i think that can be said with anything. we're safe with our vf's. if you notice: he never says never to anything on twitter questions..

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I wish Arcadia had an online polling site to see which specific models the general public would like to see produced. I know there are polls/threads here on this site, but what would you estimate is the percentage of sales generated from people here? It's good to see what people here want but we might just be a fraction of total sales. If Arcadia could do it for their Macross line it could better gauge the general public's interest.

A dedicated Arcadia polling site would give anyone the ability to give their input on what they would like to be made. They could then look at the total number of votes per model. They could use some type of tracker so that spam voting for certain models would not be allowed.

The current releases are built to order so the vote numbers could also give an estimate to the volume to be produced. This way they wouldn't be producing lower volume models that would hurt their profits and they could prioritize the model production releases based on demand. Arcadia can then figure out whether or not it is feasible both financially and design wise.

They probably thought of this already so I'm just wishing for nothing. I'm sleep deprived and in zombie mode right now so I just finished editing some stuff so I apologize if it all looks cuckoo :wacko:

Edited by wmkjr

things I'd like improved in the VF-1

chubbier forearms, legs and gunpod, return of the streamline canopy instead of the current bubble one, articulated nose cone, more accurate head and neck placement, a better firmer legs swing bar locking mechanism, that damn antenna on the backpack, retractable wings to the backpack on battroid ala Bandai 1/72, stick and throttle on the cockpit, TV and DYRL style.

But earlier today I was rearranging my valks and I have so many VF-1's that I would not fathom replacing all of them for a newer version. Hope Arcadia does this in a very distant future.

The new mold could be a VF-1 v3, just keep that in mind!

I say that because:

A) it would be "new"

B) it starts a new "line" of VF-1's

C) Instant new Pokemon buying strategy.

Starting with the two most wanted valks Max and Miriya.

I know a lot of you will say " I won't buy"

And I also know, you're lying!

Holy S, he just said there is a possibility for a version 3 in the future.

BAM!

:angry: Canceling my Arcadia VF-1 preorders in 3, 2, 1...... :(

:rolleyes:

^_^

Honestly a glossy VF-11 MAXL with sound booster would be nice in addition to the VF-19K but only if they make the green VF-17T also and glossy to go well with the Fire Valkyrie and the J-Rock attitude. :D

I'd have to buy a Karaoke-Ninja Valk though.... <_<

he's saying that it may be a possibility but it's a long ways off. i think that can be said with anything. we're safe with our vf's. if you notice: he never says never to anything on twitter questions..

I didn't think he wanted to piss off the people who bought the 30th Anniversary 1J and/or those of us who have either/both Hikaru and Roy on preorder. If he does do a V3, it's going to have to be a long ways off. (No sooner than 2-3 years from now)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Shoji Kawamori could probably make a Macross Alternative (just like the megaman alterantive) for fans outside japan to make money doing transforming plane toys. The big problem of macross being that it is tied to legal disputes with Harmony Gold which prevents us seeing macross shows outside of japan. (this is bad because it limits the market to sell the toys to)

Why doesn't this happen for macross? Imagine if S.Kawamori were to reboot macross without using the macross title just like this guy did by inventing a new series "Mighty No.9" to bypass the problems with the "Megaman" IP owned by Capcom?

But this would mean they could make a whole new macross-like IP and then have the creator of it (who designs all those mecha) partner with Arcadia to be the exclusive license holder for the toys. No more bullshit of waiting for bandai who always make it hard for everyone to buy their stuff due to gundam being naturally the competitor to macross as a robot show, and them(bandai) favouring their own homegrown robot show over macross by making macross toys scarce and annoying to buy.

I'm pretty sure the japanese macross fanbase is just as pissed at that lol. Why should they let the big guy sit on top of such a loved series and have that big company only reisue old toys or worse yet, make the good toys hard to obtain.

We could have our own Ver. ka. Only this time it'll be Version Kawamori!

Edited by wmkjr

I think the most needed are new vf-0 toys. When they released originally, that was during a time that quality wasn't the best. Today they can make durable versions and make things like reactive armour and vf-0D which they never got to make last time.

I think that whatever fans say they want (based on popularity of the design in polls) that is what they should do first (easier profit) and then work their way down to the less-popular designs. (eg variable glaug which I would love to see) While that is happening release the usual SDFM toys for the latecomers or army builders who missed the boat. (give them better boxes like toynami masterpiece collections lol)

If you want to sell a lot of VF-0 toys then there needs to be a Macross Zero show up and running on Japanese TV or a re-release on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Guest davidwhangchoi

I didn't think he wanted to piss off the people who bought the 30th Anniversary 1J and/or those of us who have either/both Hikaru and Roy on preorder. If he does do a V3, it's going to have to be a long ways off. (No sooner than 2-3 years from now)

agree, it wouldn't be good for business esp since Arcadia just recovered these molds from Yamatos bankruptcy. The initial re-launch of the Macross line is very delicate. And i'm sure they're gauging carefully the sales numbers determining how they will proceed with future releases. It would be irresponsible to mention a revision while taking pre-orders for the re-release of the vf-1 line.

Regardless, I asked him if one if the "new" molds might be a v3.0 VF-1 to which he said "it's possible".

It's not a straight answer, but it's also a sign that there is an intention to improve.

Without risking pre-orders of the Roy and Hikaru releases.

To be fair though, a Roy and Hikaru version are just par the course.

We still have no actual types language hinting at the release after the 19.

I have the same gut feeling about this, as I do that Bandai is going to announce a DX VF-1 in the faux 1/60

Chogokin line.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Regardless, I asked him if one if the "new" molds might be a v3.0 VF-1 to which he said "it's possible".

i think that might be a mistranslated/miscommunication there...

I hope they do, they can add some metal parts and give us sturdier joints, or ball joints at the feet, which now have very limited movement, there is always room for improvement, but not now. I mean, I didn't get one of Arcadias new VF-1, but I would be pretty pissed off if I had gotten one they announce a V3 in February. May be in a few years time, but right now, I want new things. Not asking for an entire new mold (which will be welcome anyways) but at least something they didn't do before.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Honestly, we all now and want a v3 VF-1 in the future if Arcadia is prosperous.

nope! with the vf-1. i'm taking the senior citizens approach: hate change... don't mess with what has been established and successful... resist innovation...etc. etc... it's for selfish reasons of course. i don't want to re-buy a new lineup right now. i'm trying to get max and miria... why would i want to start over???

when grand kids are around then i think it'll be time :wacko:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just to clear up some translation.

About SDF-1 TV

みすたーK: SDF-1_TV版は作りたいですね。 要は私が作っていない機体は一通りやりたいと思っています。

-I want to make SDF-1 TV version. The point is that I want to try all line-up I haven't made. (meaning - Mr.K joined the Yamato from YF-21, so anything made before that, he wants to create/revise)

About VF-1 V.3.0

みすたーK:可能性は有りますね。 しかしだいぶ先になると思います。

-There is possibility. However, I think it will be much later.

They don't need a v.3 of the VF-1. It's a solid toy, and a great design. Plus, I kinda like the idea of only paying around $140 for them, instead of $180+ because it's a new design of the exact same thing.

So what valk other than the VF-0 was made before the YF-21? That's cool. Means we're more likely to get new valks/molds instead of the old ones after the popular ones have rolled out like the M&M.

Though bad for those like me who hasn't had any yamato valks. Lol

Guest davidwhangchoi

About VF-1 V.3.0

みすたーK:可能性は有りますね。 しかしだいぶ先になると思います。

-There is possibility. However, I think it will be much later.

said it all along, wouldn't make sense... he's just being open about every possibility and suggestion in order to be respectful

Scaling it to 1/72. It's time we got a new Valkyrie toy in the most popular aircraft modeling scale (next to 1/48).

1/72 is 20% smaller than 1/60 and 1/48 is 20% larger than 1/60. :p

If I were Bandai then I would make Macross toys in the following scales: 1/100 scale non-transformable and price range 600-1000 JPY, 1/72 scale transformable and price range 3000-6000 JPY, 1/60 scale transformable highly detailed with metal parts and price range 14000-22000 JPY, 1/48 scale transformable very highly detailed with many metal parts and price range 28000 JPY and up.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

It might be only me, but I don't really want too much metal parts on my valks. I feel that Yammies with enough diecast are much much more playable and fun to handle than the Bandai DX Chogokin counterparts. Don't get me wrong, diecast parts are good but worrisome especially if they are painted over or loosen up after some transformations.

Diecast is overrated. In my opinion, diecast should be used selectively and only in certain scales. Small toys and/or toys with a minimum of moving parts are a good fit for diecast metal. Larger toys should only use diecast for small support pieces. After a certain point, unless the entire toy is made of diecast (which would then probably make it prohibitively expensive), diecast just gets too heavy and starts to put too much stress on joints and hinges and make things floppy. A 1/48 valk in diecast would probably end up with many loose and floppy joints if diecast were used for things like the arms and legs.

I think that die-cast when used on the outside of a toy is limited to the aesthetics of the design (besides the weight issues). The armor panels on the SoC Mazinger Z look good because the part doesn't have sharp angles. On Bandai VF-25s the intakes look a bit out of place because the die-cast parts with their rounded shapes do not match well the otherwise sharp edges of the rest of the toy. However I don't now the molding process well enough to say if the could cast it in a way where they would blend in better so that's that.

Die-cast feet on the other hand are pretty cool in terms of stability. So I think die-cast should only be uses as structural metal and for the feet. This alone gives the toy a good heft so it wont feel cheap. In all other cases toy makers should only use die-cast when the design aesthetics lends itself to it.