Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

MrK said Super parts will be released once the VF-1 line is fuller.

So who knows for certain.

Don't hold your breath.

Does that mean 1A's? Because other then Hikaru Max and Kaki never flew off shelves and Max's 1S wasn't seen with them anyway. Seems like after Roy and and Hikky's 1S it'd be time for Super Parts.

You know, it's interesting. Arguing that they shouldn't do the 2SS because the show wasn't popular doesn't make much sense. Plus wasn't terribly well received but everybody loves the YF-19 design. It seems there's a size-able contingent of people who are enthusiastic about the 2SS in just the same way. I'd buy a 2SS long before I'd buy a VF-9 (I wouldn't ever.)

From Mr.K's tweet, it sounds like a revision of Existing Yamato model that he didn't do. So anything before Yf-21? He didn't say revision, but it kinda sound like it from the tone.

He won't say it until next February.

I think MrK already said "no" to the SV-51 being reworked.( David may remember)

Plus we had that hint that had the blue VF-0D in the picture.

However it might have been a hint at M&M.

When I asked about the VF-0D he said "tricky for a new company to do"

Maybe it's the VF-0 renewal, followed by a D model?

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think the best tweet and clearest response we got was when Mr. K acknowledged skullmilitia's tweet and wanted to get by 2014, the licences for the M&M. i don't think those are an "if" but going to happen..

all the tweets for the next aircraft are about a brand new mold not repaints like (VT-1 or repaints such as M&M) so we can skip M&M as consideration for the next aircraft. (those 99% going to come)

what's something Mr. K never worked on?

that's a lot of choices and it has to be profitable (not risky)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Anything before the YF-21 is fair game.

Which quick looking around seems to be only the 1/60 M0 valks.

They came after the 1/48's and then the YF-19 and YF-21.

Outside of VF-1's, there isn't much that it could be.

Unless it's something the old Yamato crew never produced during

That time period.

Here's what I've found..

12/06 = YF-19

1/07 = VF-0S

8/07 = SV-51 Ivanov

10/07 = VF-0A

5/08 = YF-21

There's not much that wasn't done before MrK came on.

The 19' is covered, so unless it's a unreleased airframe never shown.

It's a Zero fighter.

Edited by skullmilitia

That's the big question. What did he not work on. Lol. I agree with david that we can rule out M&M cause that's a highly likely release.

Something that is risky may turn out to sell well and be profitable or not risky but turns out to be non-profitable. So it's a tough measure really.

Guest davidwhangchoi

this guy is pretty funny, he asked if the next is vf-5000 and said if he keeps asking he'll find out using the process of elimination.

Mr. K says the next is not the vf-5000 but is sweating.. (from this tactic)

1. next? VF-5000 is possibly in? ← If you do not hesitate to ask on the process of elimination in this way I will Reach to answer someday (laughs)

2. The @ Tramptoyo is not a VF-5000, but please stop this tactic (sweat)

edite: moved last tweet to 19 thread

Edited by davidwhangchoi

this guy is pretty funny, he asked if the next is vf-5000 and said if he keeps asking he'll find out using the process of elimination.

Mr. K says the next is not the vf-5000 but is sweating.. (from this tactic)

1. next? VF-5000 is possibly in? ← If you do not hesitate to ask on the process of elimination in this way I will Reach to answer someday (laughs)

2. The @ Tramptoyo is not a VF-5000, but please stop this tactic (sweat)

edite: moved last tweet to 19 thread

Has he refuted any VF-2 suggestions?

Not sure what thread this should be in, but color change coming?

It is not a story of the YF-19 with it,: @ Mrk_arcadia The color of the (play version) VF-1 exiting now Are happy to be white. Because it was a result of well thought well, was also general opinion around, Nice to meet you.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Can someone ask Mr. K if Macross the First VFs and SDF-1 are on the way? :rolleyes:

Was kind of hoping for them as perhaps a Macross Chronicle exclusive, but I guess there will be no Macross Chronicle exclusives at all.... ;)

skullmilitia asked and i think he posted Mr. K response in this thread and/or the 19 one...

i think kyekye translated it was something like he came aboard after those molds were made so he would like to revisit them in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want a Arcadia VF-25?

MrK does!

And his response wasn't "hard to get license"

It was "other aircraft I'd like to do first"

Yay!?

I know it's very open in a way, but still gives hope.

I know if / when that day comes, I'll be the first one to say "f u Bandai! your loose hips, cracked triangles, bent head lasers, 1.5 renewals, paint swirls and preorder process!"

Now tell Arcadia how to make a smaller box!

Edited by skullmilitia

I don't get all that hate about the Bandai Renewal releases. Mind you I know what you are talking about because I over payed on a bunch of Valkyries and add-on packs, have loose joints and bent head lasers.

Also what should Arcadia do differently. There is only so much you can do with a CGI model that has basically most stuff figured out about transformation, parts and scale. I'm not sure if I'm willing to replace my whole Frontier collection with Arcadia ones because they now have a matte finish. The Bandai Valkyries from the YF-29 onwards do so many things right and not much wrong.

In addition Bandai stepped up their game with the last releases. The RVF-25 and VF25A are close to perfect. They where also available after release. My only gripes with the releases purely come from the base design. I would love to have done something with the backpack (it is the same with the YF-30) but if you change something there the result will be less line art accurate.

I give you that I probably would buy one just to have one to compare. It will probably be a few years before that happen though so my Frontier collection might crumbled on their own in my display cabinets and make this argument pointless. :)

I can rather imagine a V3 VF-1 that is radically different from the V2 then a new VF-25 that is radically different from Bandai Renewal offerings.

To cut a long story short. I'd love to see Arcadia cast their magic on designs that where never done as collector toys before. Like the VF-14/VF-2SS/VF-5000.

Come on Arcadia create a VF-2SS in the style of Yamatos VF-19s. :lol:

Also what should Arcadia do differently. There is only so much you can do with a CGI model that has basically most stuff figured out about transformation, parts and scale. I'm not sure if I'm willing to replace my whole Frontier collection with Arcadia ones because they now have a matte finish. The Bandai Valkyries from the YF-29 onwards do so many things right and not much wrong.

Oh I don't know... even though the Frontier toys are based off of CGI models, I think they could still figure out plenty of stuff to do differently. Just as one example -- my educated guess is that the CGI models only provide a blueprint for what goes where during transformations, but they don't provide the details of the exact mechanisms because they would never be seen on screen. I'm guessing they provide gross movements of how the appendages transition to their new positions, but don't model the actual hinges, joints, etc that implement those movements. I think there's a lot of room there for Arcadia to do something different, akin to the way Bandai came up with a different way to transform the arms/shoulders in their 1/100 Hi-Metal toy vs. the Yamato V2, or the way the hip bar in the 1/100 functions vs the V2.

Besides, if they are able to correct for a lot of the complaints that people have made regarding the Bandai toys, that would offer a compelling reason for people to pick up an Arcadia VF-25 over the Bandai toys.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just to clear up some translation.

hi kyekye, what was the post about "the idea is different from the current and former(direction/stuff)" Mr. K was sharing?

I'm sure they would fix some things like gear length, and even nose storage.

( I hate the fact the landing gear doors are forced outward to hide the nose, more so that the doors are made of flimsy plastic and can warp)

I'm sure the idea is next to non-exist right now, but if Arcadia wanted broader appeal outside the huge

SDFM and DYRL, well Frontier seems to be the next big popular series.

I mean the Robotech forums and Facebook page always has a bunch of people wanting HG to ruin Frontier and bring it stateside.

At the same time it does show broad world wide appeal.

Imagine the Hasegawa VF-25 that transforms :D

I know what you mean but for example the way the nosecone folds up... sure there could be a different joint at work but would the result being different enough to justify buying one? I mean the toy wouldn't get more or different articulation. It would just handle somewhat different. I also think that Bandais V1 VF-25s where plagued by following slavishly the CGI model without thinking it through and having the end result in mind.

If I imagine a new VF-1 from Arcadia it could have the anime accurate leg delivery system (I know some consider this to violate the perfect transformation thought), no more priest collar, filler pieces for the chest that flap out of chest and back, a nosecone that can jut out a bit. I'm not being super creative here most stuff comes from Bandais VF-1 model kit (regardless how terrible it might be).

What I'm saying the Renwals look like the Messiah from the show they have the range of motion from the show. I'm not sure if different joints, a matte finish and Super Parts with removable housings would cut it for me.

On the other hand I'm sure that a Arcadia VF-25 would sell. As seems the third iteration of the YF-19 (not counting the VF-19). I'm not so sure about a VF-9 for example.