Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Is Macross II a problem because it was distributed in the states?

I thought his answer to someone asking on twitter about the VF-2SS was

Hard to get licensing.

If I remember reading Mr.K's Twitter answer correctly, he said to the nature of "It's a property they shouldn't go into, though not totally so. They could look into it sometime".

Edited by Vifam7

If I remember reading Mr.K's Twitter answer correctly, he said to the nature of "It's a property they shouldn't go into, though not totally so. They could look into it sometime".

Hope so, I think Arcadia/Mr. K's perception on the popularity/profitability of Macross II VALKS is unfairly based on the show's unpopularity....Macross II valks would sell well even if the actual show is a low-point in Macross history.....

Arcadia needs to start doing fan choice VF's based on online polls via their website......need skullmilitia to suggest this to Mr. K....

Kawamori always says that he's never seen Macross II. I think Macross II is just considered not profitable enough since it almost killed Macross until Kawamori was convinced to return and adapt the story and designs he was working at the moment to become Macross Plus.

I always call bullshit when people say this. I'm sure he checked out Macross 2 out of curiosity. Maybe he didn't watch all of it but i'm sure he checked it out probably to confirm that it wasn't as good as his Macross stuff and maybe laugh at the design work.

Gerwalk is.... Poop

270052CC-76BA-4140-B8FE-44146F78E632-283

If you look at the line art Gerwalk mode looks way better. The Yf-19 still has the worst gerwalk mode as far as i am concerned.

Of course Kawamori's seen Macross II, he's just being stubborn because they went over him and tried to do something with his baby and he will never acknowledge anything good from it.

The best way to shut down dumb question about Macross II to him is to say he's never seen it and be left alone.

Guest davidwhangchoi

this is all theoretical speculation:

since he shared he wants to try and do one new mold each year aside from re-releasing variants of a current existing mold, (that may not actually happen that way but that's his conservative projection)

there's 2 positions i think he may be in:

• one, he's still working on the yf-19 due out in april 2014 and arcadia hasn't finalized/approved the next project yet. projected sometime in 2015. in that case, arcadia would be gauging the success of their first project under Mr. K and the macross line before determining which project to approve next. perhaps seeing the initial pre-orders gives Mr. K more capital and freedom to venture out into more ambitious/risky projects for his next proposal for 2015. (maybe the discussion for the next project is going on right now ^_^ )
  • two, he has already proposed, approved and begun preliminary designs for the next project and has kept it under wraps till the 19 is released. and possibly the success of the 19 gives him room to propose a second or third project that fans want for 2015-2016 and beyond.

Paraphrase:

Mr.K: "i'm heading into a meeting now with the whole group today."

Nemo: (Mr. K's daily tweet friend) "Is it about the next project? looking forward to some hints"

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/396185724728262656

My only wish for Arcadia is that they stay in business. Everything else will follow.

Paraphrase:

Nemo: (Mr. K's daily tweet friend) "Is it about the next project? looking forward to some hints"

Cool.

Edited by Reïvaj

Guest davidwhangchoi

Paraphrase:

ok, looks like we're back...

After the meeting Nemo asks again about details...

Mr. K apologizes and says he can't talk about the next project till February near WF.

Another poster asks about the VA3-M invader as the next aircraft and say he can't sleep until he knows,

paraphrase:

thinking out loud Mr.K is speculating(asking/wondering) what is the potential number of sales of the invader would be compared to the cutless and then says a disclaimer: it not that he's saying the cutless is the next project!

"I think that I make it according to the business of the world and our management situation."

link:

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/397529460246716417

sounds like the meeting was about discussing the very next project after the 19 like the case 1 scenario more than the second. (doesn't sound like they're too far ahead to talk about a 2nd/3rd project beyond 2015 but more of still finalizing/or finalized the next after 19. (speculation banter, after all this is the arcadia wish thread :) )

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah, fighter mode is nice and sleek, like a sport version of the YF-19.

Gerwalk and Battroid on the other hand are a bit odd.

200901171257243.jpg

vfc-gashapon-yamato-c-base-macross-robot

45.jpg

I guess if Arcadia eventually does for the VF-9, they'd go for Max and Millia that are always good sellers.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I like the Battroid-Mode of the Cutlass. I have a soft spot for asymmetric mechs. The idea that the wings shield the canopy is also cool. The feet are a bit bulky and the head has too much of a cone-shape to my liking but overall I like it.

I would love a VF-2SS. Why can't we have nice things? ^_^

I like the Battroid-Mode of the Cutlass. I have a soft spot for asymmetric mechs. The idea that the wings shield the canopy is also cool. The feet are a bit bulky and the head has too much of a cone-shape to my liking but overall I like it.

I would love a VF-2SS. Why can't we have nice things? ^_^

You know, until you said that, I never realized the wings enclosed the canopy. I actually like the GERWALK mode myself with the whole forward fuselage being able to pivot side to side. That seems like a practical and useful feature that's thus far unique to the VF-9.

We do have nice things. We just keep wanting more ;)

For me, the wish(es) are broken down as such;

Pie-in-the-sky wish: SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie

More realistic wish: both of the Minmay Guard schemes or other Hasegawa custom schemes on a VF-1 beyond the 30th Anniversary release

And for sure that Arcadia uses a strategy that allows them to remain profitable/stay in business.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

the twitter followers are being polite but very persistent in asking about the next aircraft. saying February is too far away!!!! can you,(Mr. K), please give us a hint at least what series (line) the next aircraft is?

they're asking about the "F" (frontier) and "R"

"i cannot reveal the next project"

"the next airframe is something i did not do." "it is not the 'F'."

at least we can rule out the the previous one's he worked on...

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/397927859009765376

Edited by davidwhangchoi

http://www.fg-site.net/archives/post_old/55774

The VF-9 is totally doable. A customizer scratch built his own!

It's impressive engineering on that customizer's part but the thing that strikes me is how awful the proportions are.

the twitter followers are being polite but very persistent in asking about the next aircraft. saying February is too far away!!!! can you,(Mr. K), please give us a hint at least what series (line) the next aircraft is?

they're asking about the "F" (frontier) and "R"

"i cannot reveal the next project"

"the next airframe is something i did not do." "it is not the 'F'."

at least we can rule out the the previous one's he worked on...

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/397927859009765376

Interesting so many people are asking about R. To be honest, they could reuse almost all of their old molds (or justify revisiting a few, especially from Zero) with some minor (some major) tweaks, but mostly the engineering is already done for the majority of the R versions of the Valks.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's impressive engineering on that customizer's part but the thing that strikes me is how awful the proportions are.

Interesting so many people are asking about R. To be honest, they could reuse almost all of their old molds (or justify revisiting a few, especially from Zero) with some minor (some major) tweaks, but mostly the engineering is already done for the majority of the R versions of the Valks.

You said exactly what mr. K replied in the same tweet regarding the "R" crazy how we all think the same! Edited by davidwhangchoi