Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

Did Mr. K say no to YF-21?

I think he did but I'm not sure.

He said he will eventually. However, that was his first product at Yamato, so it will a while (after he goes through other ones on the list).

I think that can still change if the demand is big enough.

YF-11, VF-3000/5000 or my personal favourite...

3uuHltN.png

e0WO490.png

:D

That is one cool looking design but it really shouldn't have a lower designation than the SV-51 from Macross Zero.

I propose renaming it the SV-86.

The one who made that design should contact Mr. Kawamori. Really.

And I really like the coloring of the bottom one... it makes me think of pistachio ice cream. :D

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

That is one cool looking design but it really shouldn't have a lower designation than the SV-51 from Macross Zero.

I propose renaming it the SV-86.

The one who made that design should contact Mr. Kawamori. Really.

And I really like the coloring of the bottom one... it makes me think of pistachio ice cream. :D

He does some pretty freakin awesome variable mecha imo - here are a few more:

rgFvUyM.png

4QCSojK.png

7Wr0Faa.png

DAynFzW.png

A8yBjcy.png

Well, I'd want more than 1...Starting with non-Macross stuff.... I'd love Arcadia to pick up the GNU-Dou line. Some of the DX GNU-Dou were fantastic.So were the smaller scale ones.

These were imo definitely better than Revolting (I mean Revoltech... :rolleyes: ).

So, expand their repertory a bit more. not just Macross and dolls.... <_<

As far as Macross stuff goes, a new 1/48 line would be appreciated.

1/48 Version 2, With different plastic, more die-cast parts and other improvements.

On the realm of things that they could release right now, I'd love non-painted 1/48 kits....That would be great.

And as others have already pointed out, some display stands too...

I mean did they get ALL the rights/molds etc from Yamato or just a few things? For now, I don't know it just doesn't look very promising.

If they don't get off their butts and start re-issuing more of Yamato's extensive catalogue (with some improvements thrown in for good measure), I have a gut feeling that they won't last very long.

Come on Arcadia, prove us wrong!

Seeing all these third-party valk designs makes me think that future releases in the Macross franchise need to start branching out and exploring different types of designs for transforming mecha. While there has been some diversity in valk designs already, I find most of them to be variations on a theme, and/or hybrids of existing designs. I think it would be cool to see some designs that are pretty different from what we've already seen. For example, they could ditch the fighter-plane motif that has been standard since the VF-1, and go for something that looks more overtly "sci-fi" like, along the lines of the Colonial Vipers from Battlestar Galactica, or the X-Wing fighter.

For example, they could ditch the fighter-plane motif that has been standard since the VF-1, and go for something that looks more overtly "sci-fi" like, along the lines of the Colonial Vipers from Battlestar Galactica, or the X-Wing fighter.

There's an interesting thought. I don't know how well those Vipers would fit in next to a VF-25 but maybe something older and chunky like a Legioss. Speaking of Robotech, I'd like to see a modern day equivalent of Robotech's hover tanks turn up in a Macross series. Kind of like a variable Destroid of sorts. Something to break up the transforming-fighter-jets-only theme.

(not the best pic, but you get the idea)

Robotech04-12amp13_zpsc05a0a36.jpg

Well, I'd want more than 1...Starting with non-Macross stuff.... I'd love Arcadia to pick up the GNU-Dou line. Some of the DX GNU-Dou were fantastic.So were the smaller scale ones.

These were imo definitely better than Revolting (I mean Revoltech... :rolleyes: ).

So, expand their repertory a bit more. not just Macross and dolls.... <_<

As far as Macross stuff goes, a new 1/48 line would be appreciated.

1/48 Version 2, With different plastic, more die-cast parts and other improvements.

On the realm of things that they could release right now, I'd love non-painted 1/48 kits....That would be great.

And as others have already pointed out, some display stands too...

I mean did they get ALL the rights/molds etc from Yamato or just a few things? For now, I don't know it just doesn't look very promising.

If they don't get off their butts and start re-issuing more of Yamato's extensive catalogue (with some improvements thrown in for good measure), I have a gut feeling that they won't last very long.

Come on Arcadia, prove us wrong!

99% of what Arcadia sells are those sex dolls for teenage boys so I doubt that they will fall on hard times anytime soon.

99% of what Arcadia sells are those sex dolls for teenage boys so I doubt that they will fall on hard times anytime soon.

The prices suggest they are more for creepy 30-50 year old adult men...

I think it's unlikely that Arcadia will expand beyond their current output. Afterall, it's been suggested that Yamato's demise was due to over-release of their Valkyries.

The wish doesn't have to be realistic or even plausible, does it?

It's probably never going to happen, but I'm hoping for cheaper Valks all around in the future. Overall, Arcadia's doing a pretty good job. I mean, they did give us what we wanted; a new version of the YF-19 and it's absolutely gorgeous...except for the price.

There's an interesting thought. I don't know how well those Vipers would fit in next to a VF-25 but maybe something older and chunky like a Legioss. Speaking of Robotech, I'd like to see a modern day equivalent of Robotech's hover tanks turn up in a Macross series. Kind of like a variable Destroid of sorts. Something to break up the transforming-fighter-jets-only theme.

(not the best pic, but you get the idea

I would be all over a Veritech hover tank toy :o

Transforming...uh...things-that-are-mainly-NOT-jets is where I get off the Macross train permanently. If it's Macross, I better see that familiar shape of the duel vert stab fighter plane or NO SALE! Give stagnant or give me death and get off my lawn while you're at it! My god...I'm becoming an old man :D

Transforming...uh...things-that-are-mainly-NOT-jets is where I get off the Macross train permanently. If it's Macross, I better see that familiar shape of the duel vert stab fighter plane or NO SALE! Give stagnant or give me death and get off my lawn while you're at it! My god...I'm becoming an old man :D

Heh... well, I wasn't really thinking that radically (hovertanks, etc). I just think that it might be interesting to see what Kawamori can come up with that isn't a standard fighter plane design. I think there are even some compelling story-related reasons for doing so. In the original Macross series, it made sense for the valks to have fighter jet features since a lot of the action took place in the atmosphere. But since then, everything has moved into deep space so there's no real reason for the valks to have features that support atmospheric capabilities. Of course, I'm not saying we should get too far off the rails since, strictly speaking, deep-space fighters wouldn't need to look anything remotely like a fighter plane. But I'd be interested in seeing designs that look more "space fighter" like than "airplane" like.

Heh... well, I wasn't really thinking that radically (hovertanks, etc). I just think that it might be interesting to see what Kawamori can come up with that isn't a standard fighter plane design. I think there are even some compelling story-related reasons for doing so. In the original Macross series, it made sense for the valks to have fighter jet features since a lot of the action took place in the atmosphere. But since then, everything has moved into deep space so there's no real reason for the valks to have features that support atmospheric capabilities. Of course, I'm not saying we should get too far off the rails since, strictly speaking, deep-space fighters wouldn't need to look anything remotely like a fighter plane. But I'd be interested in seeing designs that look more "space fighter" like than "airplane" like.

They are only in deep space because they're looking for habitable planets. Not only that but fighters normal have to enter the Macross city ships for various reasons. Not to mention when they find a planet, need to be able to fly in the atmosphere for recon and patrol.

Dear ARCADIA,

We are VERY grateful that you picked up the Macross license and are taking on the massive task of pleasing picky adult fans with new releases.

Having said that - we are concerned over some of your initial decisions.

The Anniversary IJ was disappointing from the announcement for most of us. You see, there is a trick you can use to get more sales by releasing mechs we saw in the anime in our younger days. We connect the collectable with fond memories and we end up buying more times than we would otherwise.

Not only was the IJ not from the anime, game or other Macross related release, it was down right ugly, garish and off-putting to lots of Macross fans. I can speak for myself when I say it could be 75% off and I would still not buy it.

Then we have just learned you chose the bright white over the light gray for the DYRL VF-1S as your next release. This is not a tragedy, but again its speaks of poor decision making, or just bizarre thinking. We demand companies stick to the anime colors, but when given the choice to vary slightly, a more drab, military look is preferred. We are adult collectors and these are not shiny SOC type items. Tough, more realistic looks help us believe we're into manly sci-fi representations that were meant for war.

Not only that, but the bright white plastics have had a nasty tendency to yellow over time. Not that light gray would completely eliminate this, but it can't hurt. And the light gray just plain looks better.

If you are having trouble deciding what fans want, do not be discouraged. We are not that hard to please.

Some helpful hints: Next release the Max and Millia super IJs, including the color coordinated super parts of course. This in itself will get you a HUGE response and all the orders you can handle. And if you really want to KILL IT, tool a simple gun pod loader and tug, and a few ground crew. Release the pod loader and 2 crew with Max, and the tug and 2 more with Millia. You will have massive orders and celebration will abound for both your bottom line and for the fans.

How about an Alaska Base 1A and Spartan exclusive set with display base? Something to make us sit up and say HOLY HECK! No way! Alright!

I own 10 Yamato Macross releases and have my finger on the pre-order button, waiting for something that both impresses and just makes sense.

We'll all be happier if the fans of Macross are scrambling over themselves to get their order in, begging multiple releases from every new toy you come out with in this line. We're with you all the way!

LET'S DO THIS THING!

Sincerely,

The Fans

Edited by DarrinG

Dear ARCADIA,

We are VERY grateful that you picked up the Macross license and are taking on the massive task of pleasing picky adult fans with new releases.

Having said that - we are concerned over some of your initial decisions.

The Anniversary IJ was disappointing from the announcement for most of us. You see, there is a trick you can use to get more sales by releasing mechs we saw in the anime in our younger days. We connect the collectable with fond memories and we end up buying more times than we would otherwise.

Not only was the IJ not from the anime, game or other Macross related release, it was down right ugly, garish and off-putting to lots of Macross fans. I can speak for myself when I say it could be 75% off and I would still not buy it.

Then we have just learned you chose the bright white over the light gray for the DYRL VF-1S as your next release. This is not a tragedy, but again its speaks of poor decision making, or just bizarre thinking. We demand companies stick to the anime colors, but when given the choice to vary slightly, a more drab, military look is preferred. We are adult collectors and these are not shiny SOC type items. Tough, more realistic looks help us believe we're into manly sci-fi representations that were meant for war.

Not only that, but the bright white plastics have had a nasty tendency to yellow over time. Not that light gray would completely eliminate this, but it can't hurt. And the light gray just plain looks better.

If you are having trouble deciding what fans want, do not be discouraged. We are not that hard to please.

Some helpful hints: Next release the Max and Millia super IJs, including the color coordinated super parts of course. This in itself will get you a HUGE response and all the orders you can handle. And if you really want to KILL IT, tool a simple gun pod loader and tug, and a few ground crew. Release the pod loader and 2 crew with Max, and the tug and 2 more with Millia. You will have massive orders and celebration will abound for both your bottom line and for the fans.

How about an Alaska Base 1A and Spartan exclusive set with display base? Something to make us sit up and say HOLY HECK! No way! Alright!

I own 10 Yamato Macross releases and have my finger on the pre-order button, waiting for something that both impresses and just makes sense.

We'll all be happier if the fans of Macross are scrambling over themselves to get their order in, begging multiple releases from every new toy you come out with in this line. We're with you all the way!

LET'S DO THIS THING!

Sincerely,

The Fans

What I took from the VF-1J 30th Anniversario edition was the possibility and perhaps a fool's hope of future Hasegawa collaborations.......Black Aces....'nuff said.... :rolleyes:

Although "the fans" may not like it.....both the TV and DYRL Vf-1's are the same white...bright white...it is what it is.....love it or hate it....buy it or let it bake on the shelves.....

Per Macross Mecha Manual:

VF-1S TV:

vf-1s-battroid.gif

VF-1S DYRL:

vf-1s-dyrl-roy-battroid.gif

Mr. March puts a lot of effort into his site...I do not think he would get something basic like "base" coloring wrong....

Maybe Big West finally put their foot down on the deviation Yamato artificially created between the two series...who knows.... :unsure:

Instead of Arcadia "guessing" what VF's fans want....why not produce them based on fan's choice voting......and perhaps take non-refundable deposits up front to seal the deal....

Extras with each release would be appreciated....flight crews and accessories...sure...all welcomed...although we have plenty of talent on this board to make it almost a non-issue......we've all seen your fantastic custom ordered displays....but yeah, display sets, hangars,etc and accessories for the masses would be welcomed....they could even make them online exclusives like Yamato has done with other accessories in the past....

Yes, we are a picky bunch....but we are also loyal and will support quality products done right and with respect to the original source and their creators original interpretations...unless given the license to deviate, of course, as we have seen before.....

I maybe in the minority here...

But I'd like a VF-19 Fire Kai using the new 19 tooling for the ultimate edition.

IMO, and include both Basara in his tank top and in the Fire Bomber getup!

Um. They already made it exactly the wayyou just mentioned.

In fact, the "new 19 tooling" is basically the VF-19Kai tooling.

You know...I would not mind at all, if Arcadia's next rare but popular Macross announcement is a 1/60 Macross Zero F-14D Tomcat

You hear me Arcadia?? I would PAY a stupid price for that. (Of course, only if it came with a nifty stand, a butt load of missiles like the YF-19 and an magic Edgar LaSalle figure that comes out of nowhere).

Seeing all these third-party valk designs makes me think that future releases in the Macross franchise need to start branching out and exploring different types of designs for transforming mecha. While there has been some diversity in valk designs already, I find most of them to be variations on a theme, and/or hybrids of existing designs. I think it would be cool to see some designs that are pretty different from what we've already seen. For example, they could ditch the fighter-plane motif that has been standard since the VF-1, and go for something that looks more overtly "sci-fi" like, along the lines of the Colonial Vipers from Battlestar Galactica, or the X-Wing fighter.

Personally I think adding generic sci-fi brick fighters to macross would be the worst possible thing they could do. The whole reason I like macross over series like BSG and Star Wars (besides anime girls singing j-pop) is that the fighters are big, sleek and look like something that could actually fly.

Now I would like to see some more variety in transformation scheme and airframe layout, but still retaining that real world aircraft look. single engine, single tail plane, full tailless delta, stuff that real aircraft have used that just haven't shown up in macross yet.