Godzilla-WB/Legendary production, on DVD/Blu-ray Sept. 16, 2014

I thought they were only going to show this during "The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug"? and why do the paratroopers have flares on their boots?

I was wondering about the same thing. One of the main points of having a high altitude low open jump is to avoid detection right? Wouldn't the flares with the smoke trail nullify that?

Also, i really hope that DuelGundam 2099 isn't right about the human junk. I'll be pretty disappointed if this movie turns out just like Bayformers, with a ton of useless human characters.

Edited by peter

I was wondering about the same thing. One of the main points of having a high altitude low open jump is to avoid detection right? Wouldn't the flares with the smoke trail nullify that?

Also, i really hope that DuelGundam 2099 isn't right about the human junk. I'll be pretty disappointed if this movie turns out just like Bayformers, with a ton of useless human characters.

don't worry, DG is always wrong about everything. :p

Yeah but this isn't a typical military operation. They don't have to worry about being spotted by opposing forces. The flares are probably for them to keep track of each other seeing as how the visibility was terrible.

Yeah but this isn't a typical military operation. They don't have to worry about being spotted by opposing forces. The flares are probably for them to keep track of each other seeing as how the visibility was terrible.

Yeah, I guess so, but why would they have to jump at such high altitude? Figure if they didn't need to be covert, they could have just jumped at a lower altitude....oh well, thinking too much. I should just sit back and enjoy.

Now THIS is a monster movie done right! I've seen Gareth Edward's Monsters and this Godzilla trailer confirms that all his promise from that indie film has been realized in a smooth transition to big budget. I hope this film is good because this trailer did everything right, down to the music from a Kubrick movie! Film lives! :)

Yeah, I guess so, but why would they have to jump at such high altitude? Figure if they didn't need to be covert, they could have just jumped at a lower altitude....oh well, thinking too much. I should just sit back and enjoy.

Maybe Godzilla would have heard/spotted a plane at lower altitude and attacked it?

Well since Duke approves I'm gonna have to go see the movie in theaters...TWICE! :p

-b.

He thought Into Darkness was great, he's not immune from making bad decisions either.

I like what they did the with the trailer. That short neck still gets me for some reason. Maybe flashbacks to the Broderick one? I mean, really, in a single silent shot of Bryan Cranston crying I saw more/better acting/emotion then 98% of what's out there (he's right, the eyes make all the difference.)

Have they ever shown bodies strewn about in any other Godzilla before? The train clip is pretty intense imo.

He thought Into Darkness was great, he's not immune from making bad decisions either.

If by "He thought Into Darkness was great" you mean "he thought it was a bit of a mess," then you would be correct. I enjoyed the movie (aka I was entertained), but I certainly wouldn't buy it on Blu.

don't worry, DG is always wrong about everything. :p

Not sure what I would be right or wrong about from what I said.

Right - in that trailers that show the whole movie suck. This one didn't. It was a great teaser that made me want to see more.

The actual movie could be slop - I have no idea, but the trailer pulled me in.

Having said that - you are right in that I am often wrong ( ! )

Edited by DarrinG

Maybe Godzilla would have heard/spotted a plane at lower altitude and attacked it?

I hate kicking dead horses, but that sort of comes full circle to the first point about concealment and why they used flares and smoke trails.......I bet they'd be just as visible to Godzilla as a plane......would have been better without the fares and smoke.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be a logical explanation in the film