Unless I'm a victim of some joke...No. Black stormtrooper sith with red lightsaber, it has lucasfilm/bad robot at the beginning it has audence aproval etc..it's official release?

If this is the one you are referring to then yes it is a fan trailer. Not too bad either but not a real one. It has no actual footage in it. The image of older Luke is an edit of an image of Mark Hamill at the Hobbit premier.

Edited by Dobber

I saw one that showed the Lucasfilm and Disney logos at the beginning, then showed some red-haired guy singing about how he's never gonna let you go or something like that. Is that the real trailer?

Just a teaser unveil. That's Darth Astley, the new dark lord of the sith.

My initial reaction (to the trailer) was: why the fu*k am I seeing a Stormtrooper (other than Luke or Han in disguise) without a helmet (regardless of race)?

Mind you, my experience is rather limited, to the first 3 films, with only some skimming of the prequels. All those other spinoffs, series, cartoons and other sh*te just don't exist for me.

Honestly, I think it was a clever move to keep the stormtroopers as faceless, largely silent antagonists originally.

They were only painted as real people ONCE, and that was when Obi-Wan was sneaking by to deactivate the tractor beam while the two guards talked about space-cars. It was necessary for the scene that they be shown to not just be all soldier all the time. They had to have a human weakness for the one scene, so it's the only time they've been humanized. Which makes it stick out even more. The sequels actively avoided allowing a stormtrooper to appear human.

But even in the first movie, you NEVER see one without a mask, despite the masks being a CANONICALLY bad idea("I can't see a thing in this helmet!"). It helps prevent the audience thinking of them as PEOPLE.

It's more fun to mow down an army of faceless suits of armor(literally!) than a swath of real people, and makes them more useful as cannon fodder.

The clone troopers were an attempt to take that to the next level and actively assure audiences that they COULDN'T be "real people" because they were clones PROGRAMMED to be warriors and nothing else. They were organic battledroids.

And I think the new movie is at a point in the story where they can afford to humanize the stormtroopers. Stormtroopers aren't the fist of the emperor anymore, or likely to be involved with the primary antagonist.

He's just some dude trying to make a living and getting caught up in some crazy shizzle, and it's safe to let the audience see that that because this movie won't gun down seven thousand of them.

If this is the one you are referring to then yes it is a fan trailer. Not too bad either but not a real one. It has no actual footage in it. The image of older Luke is an edit of an image of Mark Hamill at the Hobbit premier.

It's as you described it, Stormtrooper with lightsaber and everything. And yes, it's fake.

thaks guys for clearing that up, I'm a idiot...would have been cool to have a cloned Vader!

Honestly, I think it was a clever move to keep the stormtroopers as faceless, largely silent antagonists originally.

They were only painted as real people ONCE, and that was when Obi-Wan was sneaking by to deactivate the tractor beam while the two guards talked about space-cars. It was necessary for the scene that they be shown to not just be all soldier all the time. They had to have a human weakness for the one scene, so it's the only time they've been humanized. Which makes it stick out even more. The sequels actively avoided allowing a stormtrooper to appear human.

But even in the first movie, you NEVER see one without a mask, despite the masks being a CANONICALLY bad idea("I can't see a thing in this helmet!"). It helps prevent the audience thinking of them as PEOPLE.

It's more fun to mow down an army of faceless suits of armor(literally!) than a swath of real people, and makes them more useful as cannon fodder.

The clone troopers were an attempt to take that to the next level and actively assure audiences that they COULDN'T be "real people" because they were clones PROGRAMMED to be warriors and nothing else. They were organic battledroids.

And I think the new movie is at a point in the story where they can afford to humanize the stormtroopers. Stormtroopers aren't the fist of the emperor anymore, or likely to be involved with the primary antagonist.

He's just some dude trying to make a living and getting caught up in some crazy shizzle, and it's safe to let the audience see that that because this movie won't gun down seven thousand of them.

Indeed, I prefer the original, simpler interpretation of the Stormtrooper--and the Empire in general--as a (mostly) faceless, evil and oppressive entity that our heroes must resist...

but I can appreciate their willingness to show the more "human" side to the Empire as well.

6HNpNox.gif

:p

Who asked for Michael Bay version? :ph34r:

Oh dear Lord!

Though, they did get the explosions wrong. Bay's preferred explosions always have the firework sparklers shooting out of them.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Kill me now.Can you imagine if that hack got his hands on Macross?

Oh it's not over yet. We've got a whole year of this stuff to look forward to...

Like some. Not a fan of Boyega's name. Too overused lately...

Not a fan of ANY of the names! :angry: Poe...Really? Are the Teletubbies in Star Wars now! But, I do have to admit, those Star Wars cards reminds me of the ones I used to collect from the loaves of bread we used to get back in the day!! :wub: I'm starting to get a good feeling about this. :)

Edited by aerocombatpilot