So bought....

Could have a bit more teal for me though.

Is that from their FB page or something? I don't see it anywhere. Leonidas and Xerxes look effin awesome, but I don't konw about the prices of 3rd party stuff now going well over $100.

I'm still not liking the feet. I was impressed the alt mode is much more compact and sleeker than the G1 toy, but if they can make the feet more cool looking (flat, bootlike), then I might consider.

• 2 weeks later...

I like both third party versions, although my preference is for the beefier Gun Dog. That said, as a collector and fan of the G1 MP figs, I'm more inclined to wait for Takara's official releases. Producing all the car robot figs seems to be the direction they're heading.

If I had the ducats to throw at all these third party releases, I'd go for the figs that Takara likely won't produce, such as the remaining Dinobots, Reflector, IDW designs, the triple changers, etc.

I broke down and bought Apollyon, since it may be years before Takara gets around to making a G1 MP Megatron v2, which will never be available in the Us b/c of gun /toy safety laws. I'm on the fence to get XTransbot's Eligos ( I really like Cyclonus' design, esp his space plane mode...so sweet), but I've held back since TF: The Movie toys seem to be part of Takara's focus right now, and we may get an official version. Still, XTransbots did a nice job on their version.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I like it.. but I don't haha. Quite a few things I think that TT could improve, but its a great effort.

He looks okay...I guess. No, honestly, he looks quite terrible to me, I'll definitely stick with the FansToys version, whenever they decide to actually release it...

Edited by Tking22

I felt in love with Gigapower's Guttur, so I just bought it. Now I'll have to wait 1 month or so until their arrive. Also, I was ready to buy the Generation Toys Gravity Builders, but reading about The Toy World's Devastator... I think I'll wait. Gravity Builder looks great and even better as Devastator than TW, but, TW is more cartoon accurate and it has 12 cms more... And talking about Devastator... Bigger is better!! Anyway, does somebody know what is the height of each TW constructicon?

Edited by cool8or

MP-10 is already a good size. Mp-01 was a nice big chunky fig, but he took up a bit of space. Moreover, I imagine Uber-Prime is gonna cost a pretty penny, and given all the choices we have these days, I'd sooner spring for one of the combiners, the Dino bot sets, or just figs that Takara likely will never produce. For those who bite, though, I hope it's a nice figure.

Chrome Gutter (not Snarl) arrived this week.

This is my first third-party MP dino. He. Is. Enormous. And like MP Grimlock, the transformation is simple. I had the MP-08X reissue for a short time, but was not happy with the loosey-goosey joints. I don't know if it was a mold issue for that release or if I was just unlucky. GigaPower did much better with its repaint/reissue of Gutter. The joints are solid and I only have two nags:

• The packaging creates some static cling and leaves behind little Styrofoam pieces.
    These need to be removed (and a can-o-air is helpful).
  • When transforming Gutter back to dino mode, the legs need to be straight to close the dino shell. Really, check them twice.

Magnus now has someone he can look in the eye. :lol: