The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

he'd better, I've already canceled my MP cassette orders at BBTS. Also, with Takara Soundwave having 1 cassette and Hasbro Soundwave having 5, I'll be able to have both soundwave completely full of tapes with no leftovers. :D

:edit:

btw, I'm not sure how I feel about stealth bomber megatron. I've been thinking for a while now that They really needed to do a new classics megatron based on his current IDW design. Looking at now though I'm not sure that I like it. An he's far too small as a deluxe.

still, MOTHER F'ING SPRINGER FTW!! And 2FT tall metroplex!

Missed opportunity with Megatron. A Voyager could have been so great. The comic design looks awesome.

Looks like Hasbro is the way to go with the Masterpiece line... if you actually get the chance to find one in stores.

tfw's saying around US$125 msrp, tho.

At any rate, Springer and Metroplex looks awesome andTrailcutter's ok , but what the heck did they do to Blitzwing's head?

125 for a toy that's bigger than Fortress Maximus and better articulated sounds pretty good IMO. I will definitely be getting him and Springer. ^_^

as for Blitzwing's Head, it's based on the "Icy" personality face from animated:

Animated_blitzwing_faces1.JPG

And speaking of head sculpts, Springers head looks SO GOOD...

Transformers-Generation-Toy-Fair-2013-01

Ok...

Springer and Blitzwing? So buying.

The IDW line? I want to encourage them, really. I'll buy Megatron, although he really should have been a Voyager. I'm pretty meh on the other three, though.

Metroplex? A part of me really wants a huge Metroplex, and the bot mode looks fantastic. His other modes look like crappier versions of the G1 toy. We'll see how my funds are when he's released, but I'm leaning toward it being too expensive.

I'll probably pick up Springer and Blitzwing, but only due to their cheapness. Springer looks pretty good (about as good as it'll get until someone figures out how to make a big long skinny tail-boom without making it into pure kibble in robot mode AND hiding it in car mode)

But Blitzwing? Again--because he's cheap, but I'm a huge fan of the character, and still think his G1 toy is one of the best triple-changers ever, from any series. This is not a jet--this is a chunk of tank and robot parts, with wings and a nosecone poking out.

I will still hope for either MP or 3P Blitzwing. I want a *jet* and a *tank*. Not a block with treads and a gun, not a block with taifins and a cockpit. I expect vehicle mode to equal/surpass the G1 toy, not be worse.

PS--does no one else recognize that the tread-legs (and even forearms) are also Animated, not G1? (Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying everyone else is acting like it's an Animated head on a G1 body)

Anyways, as for Metroplex---I'm sure I'm not the first/only one, but does anyone else get a Supreme Cheetor vibe from this? HUGE, yes, with light-up gimmicks. But is his transformation any more complex than a deluxe? Definite pass for me. For that much money, I want the transformation to need more than 3 steps...I mean heck, BOTH other modes are 'sit robot down, flip open leg panels'. The only difference is whether he's laying on his back or front, and whether the panels flip forward or to the sides...

but G1 Blitzwing was just a block with tailfins, a cockpit, and a giant tank turret hanging off the bottom. :p

Personally I always preferred Astrotrain's G1 toy to blitzwing's

Oh, and does anyone think that Generations Blitzwing's fighter mode looks like Armada Starscream?

A2563-BLITZWING-Vehicle-Mode-1_136045662

i5qe6e.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Springer's definitely bought.

Not liking Blitzwing's face, though. I can live with the tank mode, but the jet mode's wings are a little too small.

As for Metroplex, depending on how much he costs, I'll probably buy one since I don't know how to customize my own fig, and he's pretty decent in bot mode.

but G1 Blitzwing was just a block with tailfins, a cockpit, and a giant tank turret hanging off the bottom. :p

Oh, and does anyone think that Generations Blitzwing's fighter mode looks like Armada Starscream?

Actually, it reminds me more of a Mospeada Legioss.

Edited by GU-11

G1 Blitzwing was a MiG-25. Not sure on the tank, a T-72 I think? But the point is--they were accurate enough to be clearly identifiable exactly what they were. And they hid their "other" points from 3/4 of the viewing angles. Going to "Cybertronian" alt-modes is frankly lazy, to "get around" issues inherent to triple-changers. "Oh, just ignore that entire half of the other vehicle--Cybertronian jets have big treads and armor plating, and Cybertronian tanks have wings and fins and intakes!" Don't care what plane he is, so long as he's a plane. BTW, I often mention Blitzwing and his MiG-25 alt-mode as "things that work" for Transformer planes. Boxy planes work. SR-71's do not.

Similarly--I want an Astrotrain that's a *NASA orbiter*. Not a shuttle-esque vehicle, or a shuttle with a bullet train nose strapped on either side. :p

Hmmm bought my Soundwave too soon but whatever. I may just get two. At least I have a megs gun mode and an emerging cube out of the 200 I put down. I'm honestly not upset surprisingly, because at the end of the day TRU soundwave may be an impossible get here in Chicago as mp prime was. I still ordered him online though it was waaay cheaper than the takers version.

Damn why is the Hasbro Masterpiece Grimlock so expensive on the secondary market? Was it a smaller run than Rodimus, Skywarp, etc or just more popoular? Doesn't look possible to get for less than 2 bills. Really wish Hasbro would make more use of these molds like they have with with the Seeker repaints.

Any hint there could be other FoC Dinobots?

I'll probably pick up Springer and Blitzwing, but only due to their cheapness. Springer looks pretty good (about as good as it'll get until someone figures out how to make a big long skinny tail-boom without making it into pure kibble in robot mode AND hiding it in car mode)

But Blitzwing? Again--because he's cheap, but I'm a huge fan of the character, and still think his G1 toy is one of the best triple-changers ever, from any series. This is not a jet--this is a chunk of tank and robot parts, with wings and a nosecone poking out.

I will still hope for either MP or 3P Blitzwing. I want a *jet* and a *tank*. Not a block with treads and a gun, not a block with taifins and a cockpit. I expect vehicle mode to equal/surpass the G1 toy, not be worse.

PS--does no one else recognize that the tread-legs (and even forearms) are also Animated, not G1? (Not that I'm complaining, I'm just saying everyone else is acting like it's an Animated head on a G1 body)

Anyways, as for Metroplex---I'm sure I'm not the first/only one, but does anyone else get a Supreme Cheetor vibe from this? HUGE, yes, with light-up gimmicks. But is his transformation any more complex than a deluxe? Definite pass for me. For that much money, I want the transformation to need more than 3 steps...I mean heck, BOTH other modes are 'sit robot down, flip open leg panels'. The only difference is whether he's laying on his back or front, and whether the panels flip forward or to the sides...

Honestly, David, I'm happy that Blitzwing looks as good as he does. Tank mode looks like a tank to me, and his jet mode, while a little blocky, looks a lot more like a plane with Macross-style FAST packs than the flying tank that was Animated Blitzwing, and isn't that much worse than the original's bi-plane wings.

The new Legend Prime looks nice

Yeah, and it appears to be based on IDW's take on G1 Prime. I would have preferred him in a Deluxe size, though, to fight with the upcoming IDW Megatron. In fact, I'd rather they were giving us a Deluxe IDW Prime than a Deluxe IDW Orion Pax.

You know that's his chest and not his butt, right?

I always thought the gray area with the red stripe was his hind quarters, but I guess it's his "calves". I remember seeing that thing in Target thinking it was a lazy transformation for something so big. Just bend the big guy over and voila-instant alt mode.

I beginning to think the stock pic for the new Metroplex's fortress mode shows it as being mistransformed. The black ramp that extends out of his chest just looks wrong against his right leg.

seeking some advice as i'm only a casual TF collector:

- what is a fair price for an MIB MP-04?

- i also have the clear trailer from the sleep mode version. how much does that go for these days?

- which one is "correctly" sized, MP-04 or MP-10? (ie. is MP-04 correctly scaled to other TF toys, or is it oversized?). seems like MP-10 is the right size given the pics of it shaking hands with the MP Rodimus which i have. but is the MP-10 also correctly scaled to the MP Starscream (i have the ghost version), MP Soundwave, and will the recent MP Lambor fit in the MP-10 trailer?

- given the choice, would you trade an MP-04 for an MP-10?

thanks

seeking some advice as i'm only a casual TF collector:

- what is a fair price for an MIB MP-04?

- i also have the clear trailer from the sleep mode version. how much does that go for these days?

- which one is "correctly" sized, MP-04 or MP-10? (ie. is MP-04 correctly scaled to other TF toys, or is it oversized?). seems like MP-10 is the right size given the pics of it shaking hands with the MP Rodimus which i have. but is the MP-10 also correctly scaled to the MP Starscream (i have the ghost version), MP Soundwave, and will the recent MP Lambor fit in the MP-10 trailer?

- given the choice, would you trade an MP-04 for an MP-10?

thanks

For MP-04, I think you'd be hard pressed to find one for its original price of $200 right now, and eBay prices for it are ridiculous at $450+. Use that as a gauge and weigh it against your own budget.

MP-04 looks nice when standing with the Alternators and Binaltechs, but is completey oversized with the Henkeis and Classics. Scale and Transformers don't really mix, but MP Starscream and Soundwave look fine standing up to MP-10. MP-10 is still the tallest of the three, but not by much. And yes, MP Lambor will fit in MP-10 trailer.

Would I trade MP-04 for an MP-10? No. Sure MP-10 has a much better alt mode and will be the size standard for all upcoming MPs, but MP-04's size and and heft makes it a great stand alone piece for OP. I also like its blockiness and chunkiness in bot mode, and the little gimmicks are just icing on the cake.