The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

personally, I just want my god damn Soundwave. :wacko:

You and me both. But at list point, I think a U.S. release is pretty much a sure thing. I mean, the only ones that haven't made it here are either repaints or turn into guns. I have a feeling licensing issues will keep us from getting Sideswipe, too, but I can't see Soundwave not making it to the States. In fact, given how simple he is, I expect him to either be back in the $70-$80 range that Grimlock/Rodimus/Thundercracker were in, or the U.S. release will come with all five Masterpiece tapes for $99. But I'm just guessing.

fp-bruticus-pose.jpg

Damn it, Hasbro, if you'd actually made ROTF Bruticus THIS good I'd buy the effing set even at double the price!

And seeing as I can't get my hands on 3rd party TF's, I can only hope for an MP Bruticus if and when Takara decides to make combiners.

*rant* Why do so many Transformers fans do these elaborate, half-hour long video reviews? Take a few pictures, and tell me some of the highlights. I really don't want to sit and watch someone transform the thing for a half-hour just as they mumble about every little details, especially when they usually conclude with how awesome the toy is. We know it's awesome! It's a Masterpiece, and we're all big enough fanboys to overlook whatever flaws the toy has in the first place. It shouldn't take longer to review a toy than to watch an episode of the show that features the toy's character! *rant off*

Sigh.

LOL! Peaugh is even worse! The man fumbles around with the transformation, mumbling to himslef as he tries to figure it out. Almost a third of the review time is gone by the time he's done.

Edited by GU-11

You and me both. But at list point, I think a U.S. release is pretty much a sure thing. I mean, the only ones that haven't made it here are either repaints or turn into guns. I have a feeling licensing issues will keep us from getting Sideswipe, too, but I can't see Soundwave not making it to the States. In fact, given how simple he is, I expect him to either be back in the $70-$80 range that Grimlock/Rodimus/Thundercracker were in, or the U.S. release will come with all five Masterpiece tapes for $99. But I'm just guessing.

four reasons why I'm not waiting.

1)Given that every US MP has had different paint from it's japanese counterpart, I'm concerned that MP Soundwave is going to loose most if not all of his awesome silver paint once it gets imported and/or have an inferior shade of blue used.

2) I'm getting mine for a fair bit cheaper than the $200 shipped most places are charging for it.

3) I'm extremely impatient and want mine NOW. I'd rather pay more now than wait a year for it to hit TRU.

I'm thinking I might cancel my pre-orders for the other cassette-bots though. Fingers crossed they'll release all 5 cassettes plus soundwave in the US for $99. Then I'll be able to have all the the tapes and TWO soundwaves! :lol:

:edit:

Oh, and there's a good possibility that the odd accessories other than laserbeak and his battery guns might not end up in the US box. As strange as it is, having a tiny megaton and a giant ice cube that can dispense from his chest are selling points to me.

BTW, is it strange that I'm giving some serious thought to getting MP-10B black convoy? I think the black, teal and red colors are pretty cool; I don't really need/want the trailer; and at $160+shipping through BBTS it's probably the cheapest way to get a version of the MP-10 mold (since I've pretty much given up on getting MP prime through TRU.)

Edited by anime52k8

LOL! Peaugh is even worse! The man fumbles around with the transformation, mumbling to himslef as he tries to figure it out. Almost a third of the review time is gone by the time he's done.

I find Peaugh the best of the reviewers by far. His are shorter than many (or if not--he at least COVERS more stuff in that time, doesn't spend the first 10 mins on the box and inner tray), and if nothing else, I really like the stuff he references.

If he's fumbling with the transformation, then it's probably a useful tip for us, too, to pay attention/care to that part.

I find Peaugh the best of the reviewers by far. His are shorter than many (or if not--he at least COVERS more stuff in that time, doesn't spend the first 10 mins on the box and inner tray), and if nothing else, I really like the stuff he references.

If he's fumbling with the transformation, then it's probably a useful tip for us, too, to pay attention/care to that part.

Don't get me wrong, I love his reviews. I agree that he doesn't dwell on useless info like the box, trays and whatnot, which many reviewers tend to do. It's just that I think he should have done a couple of transformations beforehand to familiarize himself with the toy before doing it onscreen. TBH, if I were in the same room as he was, watching him review the toy, I'd probably be much more patient. But watching it on youtube, it's like watching paint dry for some reason.

BTW, is it strange that I'm giving some serious thought to getting MP-10B black convoy?

No. I am too. I was never into the black or white(ultra) primes. But the newest one looks good to me. Its $109 I think at anime-export.

edit: oh christ its sold out and AE now. I should have bought it when I had the chance.

Edited by ErikElvis

four reasons why I'm not waiting.

1)Given that every US MP has had different paint from it's japanese counterpart, I'm concerned that MP Soundwave is going to loose most if not all of his awesome silver paint once it gets imported and/or have an inferior shade of blue used.

I can live with that. There's also a chance, like the US MP-10, that the American version will be better! I can't stand the cold, dead eyes of the Takara version.

2) I'm getting mine for a fair bit cheaper than the $200 shipped most places are charging for it.

I guess, for me, it'd depend on how much a fair bit is.

3) I'm extremely impatient and want mine NOW. I'd rather pay more now than wait a year for it to hit TRU.

I have that problem, but I need a new receiver more. Mine only does HDMI audio pass-through. <_<

Oh, and there's a good possibility that the odd accessories other than laserbeak and his battery guns might not end up in the US box. As strange as it is, having a tiny megaton and a giant ice cube that can dispense from his chest are selling points to me.

His battery guns and the cassettes are the only accessories I care about. I'm sure I still have my MP-01 Megatron, and I can probably make my own energon cubes for a lot less.

BTW, is it strange that I'm giving some serious thought to getting MP-10B black convoy? I think the black, teal and red colors are pretty cool; I don't really need/want the trailer; and at $160+shipping through BBTS it's probably the cheapest way to get a version of the MP-10 mold (since I've pretty much given up on getting MP prime through TRU.)

I don't think it's weird, especially since you don't have an MP-10. He is, without a doubt, the best toy of G1 Prime and the best Masterpiece toy by a very wide margin. He looks more detailed in truck mode and more dynamic in bot mode than MP-01, he's more poseable than Grimlock, less kibbley than the original Seeker mold (I don't have the new one), more solid and less finicky than Hot Rod, and has a better transformation and is less likely to fall apart than Megatron. He's so awesome that I've considered ordering an MP-10B myself, but ultimately the cost vs. priorities and the fact that I'm over black Optimus repaints keeps holding me back.

Now if they make an MP-10P Masterpiece Pepsi Convoy, I will take out a second mortgage to preorder it. (Make it happen, Takara/Hasbro/Pepsi!)

I like Emgo myself, he's funnier and has clearer close up shots.

Wish they would do some more mini figs. Spark Plug, Carly, Daniel. The Exo-Suits (I think there's third party exo-suits, just sayin'). Maybe those dumb aliens (the one with the fangs) from Season 3...

So MP-12 is getting a third repaint as Tigertrack...

Not that I particularly care, but it seems a little odd to do a repaint as such an obscure character.

As long as we're repainting Masterpieces as obscure characters, where's my Masterpiece Pepsi Convoy?

You can pre-order it at BBTS. BBTS tends not to put up "rumors" on their site with a price. ($79.99)

That's interesting, though. BBTS doesn't put up rumors, but I usually hear about Masterpiece toys from at least one other source first.

With that price, I'm assuming Sideswipe/Lambor sized. And unlike Sideswipe, Prowl could make it Stateside, as I'm unaware of Nissan having the same licensing qualms that the Volkswagen Group does.

Agreed. Now on to my pursuit of MP-11 and MP-13. I'm going to pass on Red Alert at the moment. I want to say it's because I don't like repaints an year I all ready have 4 different paint schemes of the Seeker mold and I want the 5th. I'm odd I know. I feel a lot of it is because there is way too much red going on in my autobots MP collection and I just want to break that up some more. I will probably get him after Prowl and Sunstreaker.

Prowl is on my to-buy list. Didn't notice Smokescreen much in the G1 series as kid, so he's a likely pass for me.

WTF is Tigertrack doing as a Sideswipe repaint?

Still waiting for the other two inevitable v2 Seekers to complete my MP Seeker team.

Still waiting for the other two inevitable v2 Seekers to complete my MP Seeker team.

Where are you buying from? IIRC, Starscream's the only version of the v2 Seekers to be released in Japan, but Thundercracker's the only one to be released in the States. If you bought one and imported the other (or imported both, if you live somewhere that none have been released), you'd only need Skywarp.

Where are you buying from? IIRC, Starscream's the only version of the v2 Seekers to be released in Japan, but Thundercracker's the only one to be released in the States. If you bought one and imported the other (or imported both, if you live somewhere that none have been released), you'd only need Skywarp.

Problem is, the TRU's where I'm at (Malaysia) totally suck. You hardly get decent "regular" TF's, much less MP's. So far, the only Seeker I got is Starscream, which I bought from a hobby store. My only hopes for a MP TC and Skywarp will be when Takara repaints the v2 Starscream toy as the two.

MP-11S Sunstorm also uses the v2 seeker mold.

I stand corrected, then.

Anyway, my local TRU had a ton of Thundercrackers still when I was there last. Not sure when I'll go again, but I can look for you if you want, GU-11.

I stand corrected, then.

Anyway, my local TRU had a ton of Thundercrackers still when I was there last. Not sure when I'll go again, but I can look for you if you want, GU-11.

Thanks Mike, but as much as I appreciate the offer, my wallet's kind of tight right now, what with the all the HT pre-orders I made. And I still have to save some pennies for upcoming games and "surprise announcements" HT seems to be so fond of.

MP Soundwave shipped out today. The in hand pictures look pretty awesome so I'm hoping I like it when it arrives. I don't buy decepticons typically and I've pondered a Soundwave for years. I have the Macross bug bad right now though, so hopefully I don't regret buying him over another Valk.

MP-17 is Prowl, MP-18 is Smokescreen.

I will wait for the inevitable Bluestreak. (boy are there a lot of repaints for him alone---G1 toy colors, G1 anime colors, and of course---"catalog blue"

Alright, MP Prowl, yeeessss!!! Prowl is one of my favorite autobot. I can bet there will be "catalog bluestreak" to follow.

I got mine from BBTS as well. Did you pre-order early enough that you locked in the better deal?

yep, 169 shipped.

On the subject of upcoming MP's: I don't actually care all that much about prowl or smokescreen, but I sincerely hope this means we'll be getting an MP Jazz soon. Jazz was my favorite G1 Autobot besides grimlock and my first transformers toy ever. His G1 toy form was also just a re-shelled Prowl with backwards legs from an engineering stand point so maybe that will increase the chances of seeing it.

Edited by anime52k8

While fan-faves, Jazz and Wheeljack have *no* repaints that I can think of. Makes them unlikely unless the new "smaller and quicker releases" turns out to be very popular.

How can you forget stepper man? http://tfwiki.net/wi...8Headmasters%29

G1_Stepper_reissue.jpg

OH MAN, AND WE COULD TOTALLY GET ANOTHER MP TARGETMASTER!!!

1282466188878.png

:edit: :edit:

And Jazz has about as many repaints with precedents as rodimus and Grimlock did, while being just as popular a character and being a less expensive toy to produce.

Edited by anime52k8