The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I still have the deluxe toy of this guy. One of my favorite tank transformers; the only major flaw was that the panels to which his arms were mounted didn't tab very well. I heard they fixed it on later releases. I passed on Leader Brawl back when it was new, and with all the other new and better stuff coming out, I'll keep on passing.

From what I've seen of the Beast Hunter toys, I'll be passing on those as well. I wonder how much of the 3rd season is going to revolve around this theme.

amazon.uk canceling MP Prime orders due to incorrect pricing (too low)

HAHAHA, whit the crazy scalping going on that made the toy the number one selling item on Amazon.uk, no wonder they pulled the “wrong price” trump card. The thread on tfw2005 was really one of the craziest ones I have seen.

And here I thought that something good was going to come out of me getting ripped off by that a-hole ebay seller months ago. I had finally gotten my paypal refund and all. Hope the “new” price is not higher than the TRU one of $130.

Oooooh, things just heated up at TFW. Nothing like revealing to an angry fandom that you called Hasbro corporate to let them know they were undercharging....

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/746563-mp-10-amazon-exclusive-uk-38.html#post8778934

hahaha. so one guy took it upon himself to protect the industry? This is going to be good.

Yeah, but even better than a thread of people basically cursing him, are the reviews on the Amazon.uk page with the ridiculous sense of entitlement.
Thanks to you however we must all try and find a ridiculous amount of money for the same figure or not bother and be unhappy that we cannot buy it due just to the price
They seem to want to drive up the price to a far more unreasonable rate in an effort to make more money off an in demand item... In my opinion AmazonUK is no different than any other toy scalper selling items for overinflated prices and should be avoided at all costs.
money hungry grubbers

It's like Amazon is worse than Hitler because they won't sell them a toy at a third of its actual price, as if they weren't aware that the price was likely a mistake and too good to be true.

Jin Saotome? Isn't he just some guy who customizes TF's for a living? 'The hell does he stand to gain from shutting down 3rd party companies? Oh, wait... :p

I swear Takara watches second-hand prices nowadays, and re-issues anything "notable" at a much higher price than it originally was to "get in on it". First Energon/ROTF Bruticus, and now Leader Brawl is coming back:

318578_444701392262473_1357759858_n.jpg

Probably cost like 200 bucks though... (but if it actually looks like that, it may be worth it)

Missed out on LC Brawl when it first came out. No way I'm paying 200 USD for it, but if it's somewhere around 70-100, I just might bite.

IIRC, quite a few Robotech fans took delight in alerting HG to the few places selling Toycom valkyries in the US...

::edit:: Wait, there's more! Stealth gloating? http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/751190-why-you-should-decent-human-being.html

I picked up a Thundertron this past weekend and I have to say, he's awesome. His beast mode isn't amazing but his robot mode is one of my favorites.

His bot mode is nice and beefy and his head sculpt is awesome. Even the peg leg is cool, though my fondness of symmetry leads me ti leave his foot on. His weapon is crap out of the box. But remove the batteries and the spring and friction will hold it in the deployed mode. It makes a decent arm blade that way.

Only a few days ago people were fighting angrily about whether the UK used euros or not. The angry Amazon reviews are the icing in this retarded cake. Hope they don’t erase/edit much more of the thread, damn thing should be left as an historic monument.

::edit:: Wait, there's more! Stealth gloating? http://www.tfw2005.c...uman-being.html

Closed and google doesn't get much back. Something about having to make sacrifices :blink: ?

Ok, I’m getting the customizers mixed up. I knew the guy was one of the big name customizers but i thought he had good guy reputation like Frenzy_rumble does. Frenzy_rumble does have good guy reputation, right?

IIRC, quite a few Robotech fans took delight in alerting HG to the few places selling Toycom valkyries in the US...

::edit:: Wait, there's more! Stealth gloating? http://www.tfw2005.c...uman-being.html

Damn, the page was either locked or shut down.

Ok, I’m getting the customizers mixed up. I knew the guy was one of the big name customizers but i thought he had good guy reputation like Frenzy_rumble does. Frenzy_rumble does have good guy reputation, right?

TBH, I only came to know this Jin Saotome guy as a customizer. He does good stuff, but is more or less a rung or so below Frenzy-Rumble in terms of skill and workmanship. I had no idea he had this little anti-3rd-party crusade going on here. But I have heard a while back that he had some financial troubles, and some of his fellow customizers had to help him out...or something like that.

As for F_R, AFAIK, I haven't heard of him going against 3rd party stuff. From what I've seen of his work, his stuff is creative and intricate enough not to be threatened by 3rd party toys, such as his "mid-warp" MP Skywarp custom.

Here's what was on the now missing page:

He posted a screen cap of a message from Amazon--they credited £50 to his account for informing them and being an "upstanding customer". He claimed it was karma and was for the good of everyone to prevent higher prices in the future. He created a new thread for that, not merely a new post.

He's the douchebag that protects scalper pricing. I saw him continuing to troll and spout his bullshit in seibertron-forum even after the TFW-thread was closed.

As such, enough of that shenanigan and more TF pics instead!

:D

Ok here is my take. Say if and only if I ever ran into Jin, IM sure he would end up with a curby and have his faced used as Toilet paper. YES its harsh but the sh*^&head took it upon himself to speak on the behalf of others without first asking for consensus. Kinda reminds me of a scab. Im not saying the people expecting the cheaper price on the product are wrong or right but its honorable and well kinda of expected you keep your promise after people placed their orders for your published price, be it wrong or right. And whats this bullshit about other products being priced higher as a result of the mistake. That sh&^ is so funny, Most companies have a 7% loss worked into the pricing.

Free world. But there are consequences to what you do and say. And forever now he will be known as Jin the &%k or Jin the Fudge packer. This is a guy that takes 50 dollar toys splashes on some paint apps and sells it for 5 times the price??? all the meanwhile going all out on rage against real designers, engineers who create whole net new figures. S*&7 it is wasnt for 3PC we wouldnt have half of the decent transformers out there. Now I really dont care what hasbro sells their ^&^%T for. Personally its garbage. The MP Sideswipe felt like a 3PC lower end toy. Now mistakes happen. And since Amazon made a mistake, they should honor the open orders they published their products for. Imagine if I went to a store and gave 200 dollars for 100 dollars item. How many corporations would chase you down and say hey Actually this item is a lot less let me refund you. His excuse is just that. An excuse not an explanation. And as such he is a POS Yes I said it. Dont speak for others and then not expect for the fallout to be negative. Just my two cents and my thought on a guy who should have his privileges on the collectors sites revoked.

Edited by slaginpit

Not like I can read your mind... :blink:

Of the three in the picture only one has been in short supply and extremely hard for people to get and retail price, And I've only been moaning in this thread about not being able to find Masterpiece prime for almost month now. :wacko:

Yeah well I was too busy moaning about my inability to find 3rd party toys locally to notice your moaning about MP Prime. :p As crazy as it sounds, I've actually seen some guy asking for WFC OP at my local hobby store, almost a year after it's been released.

Edited by GU-11

Yeah well I was too busy moaning about my inability to find 3rd party toys locally to notice your moaning about MP Prime. :p As crazy as it sounds, I've actually seen some guy asking for WFC OP at my local hobby store, almost a year after it's been released.

You have a local store that sells 3rd party? :blink:

Where I live, you buy your toys at Target (two local, three semi-local), Walmart (two local, five semi-local), or TRU (one local, one semi-local). Occasionally, one or two hard-to-find toys will turn up some place odd, like Ross (one local), Marshalls (two local, if you count TJ Maxx), or (oddly enough) Aldi's (where I found Airrachnid and Vehicon). Between those, you may never find some figures (I never found a local MP-10, Prime Dreadwing, any of the Prime First Editions, FoC Onslaught, FoC Swindle, FoC Brawl, and nearly missed Airrachnid, Vehicon, and Generations Perceptor). I have zero chance of getting a 3rd party figure that I don't buy online.

You have a local store that sells 3rd party? :blink:

Where I live, you buy your toys at Target (two local, three semi-local), Walmart (two local, five semi-local), or TRU (one local, one semi-local). Occasionally, one or two hard-to-find toys will turn up some place odd, like Ross (one local), Marshalls (two local, if you count TJ Maxx), or (oddly enough) Aldi's (where I found Airrachnid and Vehicon). Between those, you may never find some figures (I never found a local MP-10, Prime Dreadwing, any of the Prime First Editions, FoC Onslaught, FoC Swindle, FoC Brawl, and nearly missed Airrachnid, Vehicon, and Generations Perceptor). I have zero chance of getting a 3rd party figure that I don't buy online.

That's because you don't live in Asia, my friend--or more specifically, Malaysia. The "stigma" of adults collecting toys is somewhat less here, so there's no shortage hobby stores (in the capital city, at least) that sell mostly Japanese imports but also carry Hasbro TF's.

The stores used to bring in 3rd party TF's, until some silly-ass toy safety ruling was made to stop "toxic" low-cost Chinese toys for toddlers from making it into the local market. Sadly, the ruling includes Hasbro TF's, since they're usually for ages 3-5 and up. Of course, it's not a blanket ban. It just means anyone who wants to bring these toys in has to go through some safety tests, but many store owners find this a bit of a hassle, and no longer bother.

Thankfully, Takara's MP line and many other Japanese figures can still be freely imported, as most of them are for ages 15 and up.

wouldn't 3rd party stuff be fine then too, seeing as how 90% of them slap "this is not a toy, not for children under 15" etc. on their boxes?

Honestly, I've no idea. I noticed that the hobby store I usually buy from stopped bringing in FP and other 3rd party stuff right around the time the ruling thing came about. I once asked the store owner to bring in PE's not-Arcee's, but he said couldn't. I asked if it was because of the new ruling, but he simply smiled and shrugged, so I didn't press the question.