The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Only Sideburn and Prowl could possibly match that description. And if they do fall under that category, I can't think of any shell-formers that were done better.

there are a few better toys that are considered shell-formers to a lesser extent, but they only one that is to the same degree and a better toy would probably be Big Convoy from beast wars neo.

The day after Xmas. What's the only deluxe-class toy at my local Target? A peg full of just Prime Vehicons. (Voyagers was a mix of Prime Primes and Thundertrons)

Mine had nothing but Prime Bumblebees and plenty of first-wave FoC. Which sucks, because I've basically given up on Prime, and really just want FoC Onslaught, Brawl, Starscream, and Kickback.

FE or PRID? I've seen quite a few FE around here lately but not a single RID version.

Eh? I thought TRU was the only store that was supposed to have FE? Well, if you do ever find a PRID Vehicon, buy him. I don't have a FE Vehicon to compare him to, but I can say he's probably my favorite Prime figure so far, due almost entirely to the fact that he looks awesome in alt mode, awesome in bot mode with very little car kibble, and it's almost entirely due to an ingenious transformation that takes the top 30% of the car and keeps folding it in on itself to become the bulk of his lower legs. He'd be perfect, if his arms didn't have such a weird elbow.

Eh? I thought TRU was the only store that was supposed to have FE? Well, if you do ever find a PRID Vehicon, buy him. I don't have a FE Vehicon to compare him to, but I can say he's probably my favorite Prime figure so far, due almost entirely to the fact that he looks awesome in alt mode, awesome in bot mode with very little car kibble, and it's almost entirely due to an ingenious transformation that takes the top 30% of the car and keeps folding it in on itself to become the bulk of his lower legs. He'd be perfect, if his arms didn't have such a weird elbow.

Reading comprehension fail, totally missed the part about Target. Anyways, I've got the arms micron Jet vehicon which is basically the PRID vehicon mold re-shelled to be a flying car and it's amazingly awesome. The FE vehicon is nice in it's own way, it has a better looking Vehicle mode and a beefier robot mode, but he's got a fair amount of backpack kibble and his arm articulation isn't as good (no bicep swivel, though the elbow joint doesn't look as odd)

I should probably hit up a Target sometime soon. I did just grab an Ultra Magnus from TRU yesterday. He's a perfectly OK toy but I really like him just off how cool his robot mode looks.

His transformation is kind of simplistic and is basically the same as the Commander class version but with more folding panels to make his arms and legs look better. The truck mode looks OK but they kind of botched his weapon storage. He's got peg holes all over the place but there's nowhere to stick his gun/rocket that doesn't look pretty awkward. The worst part is he has flip out ports on his legs that are only used in vehicle mode and two pegs on his hammer/gun that look like they where intended to line up with those so his gun can be centered in the back of the truck where it looks cool, but the pegs just don't line up so you have to just balance the gun in place and not touch it if you want it to look good.

That said, I bought the toy for the robot mode and he looks bad ass as a robot. I absolutely love the prime Magnus design going back to when I first saw the commander version and the Voyager works even better. His shoulder ball joints are a bit loose and he could use some more paint detailing but that's nothing I can't fix myself down the road. Also, He has by far the best powerizer weapon they've done. The collapsed mode actually looks like something and makes a really cool machine gun type thing for him to tote around, and it actually locks into the hammer mode which makes it a thousand times better than any other powerizer weapon before you even get to the fact that it's a big ass hammer.

Was running errands, and stopped at TRU for the heck of it. No new Prime or FoC Deluxes, but they had four pegs of FoC two pack "data discs", and a ton of Voyager Soundwave and Soundblasters. Ultimately, I passed on all of them. $10.99 is too much for a pair of pogs that turn into robots, bats, and jaguars that look like butt and have no poseability. As for Soundwave, I do think that the Voyager looks a bit better than the Deluxe, but not enough (and the Deluxe I already have is more in scale with the other WfC/FoC figures I have).

I've been seeing the two pack Cassettebots everywhere for a couple weeks now but absolutely no FoC voyagers which is a little strange. I honestly want to like Soundwave, but I just can't get into him even though I don't have the old WFC mold and I really love Soundwave. I guess the Thought of MP-13 has just made everything else soundwave less exciting by comparison. That and I just don't get Bakugan. Maybe when the Blaster repaint comes out, seeing as how comparatively little stuff Blaster ever gets.

I made the rounds to all the stores yesterday. I got RiD Voyager Starscream for $12 at Fred Meyers. Nice figure...the bot mode looks great, his jet mode slightly less so with his high heels poking out the sides under his exhaust augmentor. Still, he's sleeker in jet mode than I thought he'd be, and I had some fun swooshing him around my kitchen last night. I also picked up RiD Rumble...indeed, a neat little bot. His pile drivers are all black, however, unlike his box photo. If I were better with a brush, I'd remedy it, but over all, I'm not too bothered by it.

TRU was my last stop, and I'm glad I did, as I scored both FE Prime and Bulkhead. I passed on Voyager Bulkhead at Fred Meyers b/c his bot mode is very inaccurate and kinda crappy looking from the side. Also, he has that ridiculously enormous weapon. Even though he was half price, I'm glad I did. FE Bulkhead is far superior. The transformation is pretty cool, with alot of wrap-around panel action going on. Overall, the transformation achieves a show accurate look to the bot, plus he's big and bulky, and his weapon mirrors that in the show. The only issue I had with my copy was that the rotating panel to which his head is attached was so tight that I was afraid of breaking him trying to get it to flip over in truck mode. I'll have to try again. His hood panels that form his chest were a bit difficult to snap into place as well. I thought I might snap off the little pegs in the process, but fortunately, I didn't. My thoughts during all this was," Do they expect an 8-12 yr old to do this, when I'm a 41 yr old with tons of experience with transforming toys having issues getting things to snap in place and move?" Anyway, I'll fidget with it some more.

I have RiD Prime, which is a nice figure too. however, FE Prime is a bit bigger, and his back kibble is smaller and better designed to put his smoke stacks closer to how they appear in the show. Overall, FE is more detailed, having full, better sculpted lower legs. The only advantage RiD Prime has, IMO, is that his shoulders are on a ball joint, whereas FE Primes are not. he still has a wide range of motion, however, and his shoulder guards are hinged in the middle allowing the lower half to swing out to enable his arms a wider range of motion. In their truck modes, I tend to favor RiD Prime's; his cab is wider and the nose a bit shorter. FE Prime has a small narrow cab, but his overall truck mode is larger. Both are good figs however, and I'm glad I've got both.

I'm hoping that Hasbro will sell the flying Vehicon in the States. Of all my Prime figs, the RiD Vehicon is probably my favorite, with great vehicle and bot modes. The flying Vehicon is different enough, but still similar enough in bot mode, to get me to part with another $15. They both look like something from Batman's arsenal, and that gives them extra cool points IMO.

On my last visit to TRU I saw a ton of Voyager FE's so i had to pick them up, and to me, besides one or two peg fitting quirks they are so much more superior and show accurate in appearance than those Powerizers that were first released.

But i was also lucky as I've scored 4 Vehicons with only needing 6 more to complete my ground drone army.

ok.

Both Seibertron and TFW are blurbing this:

http://www.seibertro...amazonuk/26472/

http://www.tfw2005.c...-for-35-176580/

Apparently, amzn.uk is accepting pre-orders for the Masterpiece Prime MP-10 (Hasbro-edition most likely).

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00AJJ6H0E/

For just £34.99 (about US$56 or so in current exchange-rate)

Somebody at seibertron-forum already verified with an amzn-chat rep that the item is being sold by amzn.uk directly and not by any thirdparty.

So, good news to all TF-fans who can order this!

And yeah, even tho I already have one, I'm still importing it. Much cheaper than TRU's US-pricing shenanigans.

Estimated shipping is Feb/2013.

Do they ship to the US? Not sure If I should do this or wait to see if I can snag a TRU one this week. :unsure:

I know certain amazon's don't ship certain items internationally (toys being a common one).

Edited by anime52k8

Do they ship to the US? Not sure If I should do this or wait to see if I can snag a TRU one this week. :unsure:

I know certain amazon's don't ship certain items internationally (toys being a common one).

Just buy it from Amazon UK. Even with shipping, it'll probably be cheaper. And if your local TRU doesn't have one now, it's not likely to ever get (another) one. Apparently my local TRU only ever have four, so I was glad to get one from their website.

Side note: I've decided that, while I love almost everything about MP-10, I hate his "ion cannon." In the process of making it fold up and store in his back (like a scene from a Dreamwave issue, I think), Prime wound up with a weapon that looks tiny in relation to the rest of him. I've been posing mine with the rifle from MP-01.

Yeah, wish they had come with two Ion Cannons like the original did. One folding to store in the backpack and one fixed to store in the trailer. I don't really mind teh size as much as the sculpt deviation. I also prefer the paint scheme and green tip from the MP1, but it's too big for MP10.

That price seems way too low, though. Wonder if the description is wrong and it's not truck/cab only with no trailer? Otherwise that's half the price of the TRU release.

I placed an order, It looks like I won't be charged until February anyways so I'll keep looking locally until then just in case (I'm just that kind of impatient and I would like to have a successful retail get).

A couple odd things I've noticed as a first time amazon UK buyer: My regular US log in works on the UK site but not my prime membership or gift card balance. also, when I went through check out, the price went down to £29.16 with £4.95 shipping and 0 VAT, so my total was £34.11 ($55.35 with current exchange rate).

I placed an order, It looks like I won't be charged until February anyways so I'll keep looking locally until then just in case (I'm just that kind of impatient and I would like to have a successful retail get).

A couple odd things I've noticed as a first time amazon UK buyer: My regular US log in works on the UK site but not my prime membership or gift card balance. also, when I went through check out, the price went down to £29.16 with £4.95 shipping and 0 VAT, so my total was £34.11 ($55.35 with current exchange rate).

Seriously? At that price I'm half tempted to order another one...

I do hope it's legit, even if it's just the cab no trailer, it's still a bargain.

Yeah.

I got MP Soundwave and his cassettes on preorder. This 2013 year gonna be another very expensive year again, with the 3rd parties Predaking, Superion, and who knows what else will popup, and don't forget the official MPs to come. Now it's time to wonder with will MP-17 will be :huh:

Also, of course, much much more Macross valks to come.

Wife got my kid the DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime Chinese New Year version from Amazon on their special (want to say $50). I actually like the transformation and think it could be the baseline for the trailer for an MP PowerMaster Optimus Prime and/or Ultra Magnus/City Commander armor. The flared up "omega armor" really makes it look big but outside of the legs lacking articulation, pretty cool I think it could be useful to have the panels fold-up instead of flare out. My only real complaint is getting the arms back in the trailer mode and the lack of knee articulation for the omega armor." Obviously for MP, I would expect better paint application, more articulation, and some gimmicks in exchange for ditching the electronic BFG and a higher price tag. On the whole I was expecting to think it stunk and came away with a much better impression on the low expectations.

Edited by Uxi

I swear Takara watches second-hand prices nowadays, and re-issues anything "notable" at a much higher price than it originally was to "get in on it". First Energon/ROTF Bruticus, and now Leader Brawl is coming back:

318578_444701392262473_1357759858_n.jpg

Probably cost like 200 bucks though... (but if it actually looks like that, it may be worth it)