The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

The wiki says otherwise. There were two versions of the Spectrum mask, each with different abilities, which could be what gave you the impression that it can do everything.

so that's incorrect? now i'm confused... does anyone remember him using a power from his mask in an episode? nevermind, i was little so i prob forgot.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The wiki says otherwise. There were two versions of the Spectrum mask, each with different abilities, which could be what gave you the impression that it can do everything.

As I recall it, Tracker had two masks, but not two Spectrum masks. Ultrabrite looked like a gas mask and shot beams of blinding light. Spectrum did... whatever was called for by the scene, often more than one thing per episode. It also looked cooler, making any episode with Ultrabrite a disappointment all around. Edited by JB0

Disagree, or agree or whatever with both of you. As another kid of the 80's the only good G1 was TF:TM. The series is kinda hard to watch in my advanced age.]

And the only reason it is so watchable is the awesome soundtrack. It still melts my ears.

And Prowl's death.

Reminds me that I dont have an MP-09 T-T.

Can't they re-release the fixed version? Please, at least like the Asian Rerelease of MP-11.

Or have they already..?

We haven't seen it yet and probably won't. I'll be happy with an overpriced Hasbro Asia re-release.

Reminds me that I dont have an MP-09 T-T.

Can't they re-release the fixed version? Please, at least like the Asian Rerelease of MP-11.

Or have they already..?

They have already done a version 2 that fixed some of the issues. However this toy has so many areas that could lead to potential breakage that I think the whole design is flawed to the core. I would appreciate a MP Hod Rod that is in scale with the other cars because I really like Hot Rod. Rodimus Prime on the other side....

...that said MP-09 is a marvel of engineering and I wish it could be a better toy than it is. There are a bunch of not official replacement parts for MP-09 that can fix broken parts and improve them. I have new knee joints for my MP-09B which seem to be much more solid than the original (I'm not touching mine anymore because the knees developed more cracks that need to be fixed).

They have already done a version 2 that fixed some of the issues. However this toy has so many areas that could lead to potential breakage that I think the whole design is flawed to the core. I would appreciate a MP Hod Rod that is in scale with the other cars because I really like Hot Rod. Rodimus Prime on the other side....

...that said MP-09 is a marvel of engineering and I wish it could be a better toy than it is. There are a bunch of not official replacement parts for MP-09 that can fix broken parts and improve them. I have new knee joints for my MP-09B which seem to be much more solid than the original (I'm not touching mine anymore because the knees developed more cracks that need to be fixed).

Maybe Takara wanted to secretly punish all Hot Rod/Rodimus fans for liking a character that got Prime killed.

Sucks too, Hot Rod is still my sorta favorite Transformer just because of how as a kid I thought he was so damn cool in TF:TM.

-b.

I got my Wheeljack today from HLJ. He is pretty nice but I think Bluestreak is still my favorite. The QC is better than Lambor but there are a few spots where the paint is already rubbed off. I also don't like the fact that the part of the front windshield that pegs into the hood is not connected all the way to the windshield. It was kinda scary to detach the lower legs because I feared that the windshield part might snap because it taps so securely into hood part.

post-18307-0-84996100-1413484308_thumb.png

That gif is hilarious Gakken85. :D

Edited by Scyla

What immediately came to my mind were the occasional clear plastic bits you'll find having been painted when a manufacturer needs incredibly thin plastic that can bend/flex. I think Toynami did it at points with their Alpha toys and while everything else on those toys break I think the little painted clear bits tend to work out alright.

that soundwave.....gotta say its a must buy for me. i love clear toys like that ( i own ghost starscream too...wanted the vf-25 alto fold edition but cray cray price). also burnt orange is cool! as is chrome. that thing might not be "soundwave" but its cool as hell. whats even better? the clear cassettes! microcassettes look best clear because thats how a lot of them were if i recall correctly!

Is any getting Evangelion MP-10? I don't know why but I keep coming back to it and thinking it over.

* raises hand *

I placed a pre-order for Eva MP-10 with actionrobo.com, and I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person. YotH MP-10 was ridiculous in the promotional shots (the bling, bling layer over the chrome really caught the eye), but it is a nice figure in hand and I think the same will be true for Eva MP-10.

Edited by technoblue