The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I read this news over on tfw2005 earlier today. For you old-school audiophiles who are still rocking vinyl, and who may have a working turntable, the Transformers Motion Picture Soundtrack is getting an LP re-issue:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Deluxe-Various-Artists/dp/B00P8H2FGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415539575&sr=8-1&keywords=transformers+soundtrack+vinyl

LOL - that soundtrack was full of awesome 80's goodness

Why is it so expensive?

I'm not an audiophile so I'm wondering if that's a normal price for a format only supported by enthusiasts.

-b.

It's on the high side, even for a niche format, but this pressing is limited too (only 1,000 units). Also, some releases are collectible, but I can only speculate as to whether this will fall into that category.

Edited by technoblue

It's on the high side, even for a niche format, but this pressing is limited too (only 1,000 units). Also, some releases are collectible, but I can only speculate as to whether this will fall into that category.

LoL! It's a definite cash grab. I've seen good copies of the original LP go for about $50 used.

It looks like TFsource had one available:

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/4187/

Gotcha - thank you.

So Format + Limited Release = Always a good reason to charge more. No sarcasm intended, that's just the nature of business - especially "collectibles".

@ David, comic book stores that sell more than comics FTW. There are a few in my area and I love just popping in to see what they have available.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Newbury Comics in New Jersey? Haven't seen one of those since leaving Boston.

sorry i meant whenever i'm in MA.

i used to go to school up there.

@ David, comic book stores that sell more than comics FTW. There are a few in my area and I love just popping in to see what they have available.

-b.

Newbury comics is basically a music store/dvd with bunch of other t-shirts and stuff. it's become a bit like forbidden planet on 12st in Manhattan. they havea comic section but it's gotten smaller and smaller.

I preordered that Movie OST vinyl as soon as I saw it in the news on TFW.

Yeah, that is a high price for a single disc, bare-bones release. It would be an excellent value deal if it had the full score, and it doesn't even say if it is remastered or not (180g audiophile vinyl is one of those buzzwords, really, 180g doesn't really guarantee improved audio apparently).

But I still couldn't help myself. I love vinyl and I love the 80s OST, so this is a total no-brainer for me.

So given the strength of the $ right now, do you think we'll see anyone get a little more aggressive on their MP-10EVA pricing? I mean, the thing is going to retail for about $220 so am I being cheap to think $315 is too much?

I paid about $235 before shipping. Given that, $220 isn't unreasonable now and any price north of $300 reflects bad timing in this case.

I preordered that Movie OST vinyl as soon as I saw it in the news on TFW.

Yeah, that is a high price for a single disc, bare-bones release. It would be an excellent value deal if it had the full score, and it doesn't even say if it is remastered or not (180g audiophile vinyl is one of those buzzwords, really, 180g doesn't really guarantee improved audio apparently).

But I still couldn't help myself. I love vinyl and I love the 80s OST, so this is a total no-brainer for me.

Yes! A two-disc, gatefold release with extra artwork or liner notes from the various artists (like some labels included back in the day) would have really sweetened the deal. But I don't have too much colored vinyl in my LP collection, and I guess in spite of any real extras the cost I'm paying is the convenience of not having to travel about looking for the '86 release in good condition.

Edited by technoblue

Haha. I've been busy and not keeping up with toys as much.

I think its great though. More value from an already value packed toy!

Star Saber rules. Ultra Magnus drools!

Only and idiot would say it's "retarded mode".

Edited by Gakken85

I ordered MP-10EVA from action robo:

http://www.actionrobo.com/index/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=195

I don't know if the store is still taking pre-orders, but the add to cart button is still active. I had to pay up front.

Hmm, while it looks like you can buy it... it also looks like it's sold out so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for an eBay grab I guess.

Hmm, while it looks like you can buy it... it also looks like it's sold out so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for an eBay grab I guess.

Yeah. Or maybe AR will have some stock when it's released? Either way, good luck in your search, jenius.

The shipping costs are a little better than robotkingdom, but this is my first order from them. They do have good reviews over at TFW. I'll post here with my experience once MP-10EVA arrives.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Super-deformed, blind packed figures.

the box said they're made of vinyl. picking up the box it felt super light like it was empty so i wasn't sure what it was. thanks!!

I'm thinking about canceling my Takara Leader Jetfire because I would rather have this mold as Skywarp. Maybe I should keep the toy sealed and sell if off after Leader Skywarp is confirmed. ^_^

Is this the first step becoming a MISB collector?

I'm thinking about canceling my Takara Leader Jetfire because I would rather have this mold as Skywarp. Maybe I should keep the toy sealed and sell if off after Leader Skywarp is confirmed. ^_^

Is this the first step becoming a MISB collector?

The first step is always holding yourself back from opening the packaging. The first step never ends.