The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I received my MP-10 from Robot Kingdom on Friday. Worth the wait. :)

In the CHUG line, I picked up Windblade and Jhiaxus today. Both are pretty decent molds. I really wish they'd put Windblade's feet on swivels (like Prime Arcee's) so they can rotate flush with the upper engine. Not only would it have made her jet mode look much better, but it would have given her some much needed stability in bot mode. Feet designed to resemble high heels on a combat robot, feminine or not, are just plain dumb. I've seen a lot of female military, and I assure you, they're all wearing boots like the guys.

Passed on Jetfire at TRU; it was tough putting it back on the shelf, but I'm waiting to see if Takara's version will have the additional paint apps and matte red packs/weapons. That version looks better to me, so I'll hold out and see. Hopefully the price won't skyrocket.

Ha ha, I had to look up Chug!

Chug = Classics, Henkei, Universe, and Generations [they missed "rub the sign"]

for those of us who didn't know...

Thanks close313! It took a while to get them.

I wanted that new sexy chromed generations Prime, which comes in a two pack with evasion Prime . Since I refuse to get any Bay design, my old Generations Prime will do.

Edited by vlenhoff

Optibotimus reviewed the MP-05G.

This is the first time I saw this toy transform and I have to say the transformation is pretty cool. However I would much appreciate a renewal gun Megatron in scale with MP-10. Maybe inspired by the ToyWorld Hegemon with proper legs and a properly sized gun.

If Takara could pull of a robot mode that looks like this:

350px-Megatronguido.jpg

with this face

tftm0078.jpg

I would be very happy. I doesn't even need to have an accurate gun mode but it has to look the part in robot mode with the ability to transform into a P38-ish gun.

Edited by Scyla

Scyla, if you're not already aware, you may be interested in X-Transbot's MX-I Apollyon. It's MP sized, pretty spot on in bot mode, with excellent proportions, and still manages to transform into a P-38 ish pistol. It sets a pretty high benchmark for Takara to beat, should they decide to produce a MP Megs in the current line.

Thanks for the heads up. I will see how the Apollyon is coming together but I have almost zero interest in unofficial Transformers if there is a high probability that Takara will release the original character (as a collector toy). Also most of those toys don't get the head sculpt right imho where Takara has a good track record.

Maybe with the exception of MP Bumble but he is pretty small where the paint on the face softens the hard edges. I'm also not 100% on board with Ultra Magnus head sculpt but maybe it will look good in hands. I can't wait for MP-22. ^_^

Edited by Scyla

Guest davidwhangchoi

tftm0078.jpg

{... i want you to make a special run...}

more luck than you can imagine Optimus Prime...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It's over Prime....

{... i want you to make a special run...}

more luck than you can imagine Optimus Prime...

And queue the beginning of one of the most epic beat-downs ever put on the Autobots (Ironhide, Prowl, Ratchet, etc., etc., etc.).

-b.

That scene has always felt cheap to me, these great characters being so easily dispatched after a couple seasons of the show where they got shot, damaged, and fixed up every episode. Such marketing nonsense.

The Official release isn't always the best of the best. You still get crappy paint job, plastic wheels, and there's no die-cast on most of their release. It's nice to be a true fan of the official product, but I would take 3P over the official hands down, if the quality and the price aren't too much of a different. Take FT Quickwave for example, let see if TT could top that.

Guest davidwhangchoi

And queue the beginning of one of the most epic beat-downs ever put on the Autobots (Ironhide, Prowl, Ratchet, etc., etc., etc.).

-b.

That scene has always felt cheap to me, these great characters being so easily dispatched after a couple seasons of the show where they got shot, damaged, and fixed up every episode. Such marketing nonsense.

lol for the last line... Megatron blasting Ironhide in the face.

lol for the last line... Megatron blasting Ironhide in the face.

Hahahahahahahahaha

-b.

You need at least one of the Fairlady bots...great design. Prowl would be my recommendation. :wub:

Yup, I've been wanting to get Prowl. His transformation seems to be more involved than Sideswipe. He'll also add variance in terms of color, specially when Bee arrives.

I was never really a fan of Smokescreen's character, but that paint scheme is amazing, and really stands out if you have Prowl and Silverstreak. I have all three standing together, along with Sideswipe and Prime, and they look great. Mr. Hasui has my undying gratitude.

yup those datsuns are IMO the best bang for the buck in collectible quality transforming robot collecting these days. Under $50 (well smokescreen was more) each shipped/imported from japanese sites, well articulated...great sculpts. super fun. wheeljack is great too but they did raise price on him slghtly as well. he is also great (but IMO lacks some paint but of course opinions are varied on that!).

Just got my MP Wheeljack today, and he's awesome. IMO, definitely worth getting, esp if you're a G1 fan. These are the figures I wanted 30 years ago when the show was current; it's a shame it's taken this long for the tech/engineering know-how to produce them, but I'm incredibly glad and thankful to have the chance to own them within my lifetime.

I have to agree that, thus far, the Datsun mold is my favorite, but then I'm biased; Prowl sat at the top of my MP-level wish list since I got the original toy in 1984, and Takara did not disappoint. I have my TF Holy Grail now, so the rest of the '84 gang is sweet, wonderfully delicious icing on the cake. I hope they make them all. I'll be really interested to see how they tackle Ratchet/Ironhide, since the original toy was weird and looked nothing like his superior animated design.