DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Otacute is legit. They had their 29 preorder open for a long time but they filled every order and I think it was mostly because no one knew about them. Well, the cat's out of the bag.

Yeah, was having issues with the file path format it uses, but it's set now.

I suppose a max volume blast of HampsterDance will do it.:lol: Sadly it doesn't use mp3s, but I have a nice collection of .wav clips.

Going to put this next to my bed and leave it going tonight.

I'm really tempted to shoot Nippon Yasan an email and see if they have any info about their stock or like....how pre-orders for the G can possibly still be open. They have the other renewals in stock...marked up like crazy but in stock, so maybe there is hope.

I'm running the refresh system hardcore, so once I get the go ahead, I hope to get to it in time for me and the couple guys in the buddy system I have. This is crazy.

If you want to get super crazy about making sure you get a notification the second something happens you can also give alert box a try. it works the same as Update scanner except you can tell it exactly which elements on a web page to check and you can set custom intervals down to every couple seconds if you wish. I've got it set to check just the "order stop" text on the page at 1 minute intervals.

Awesome, thanks! It only allowed me to run it at 2 minute intervals as s shortest available though. Well, I've got both running now. Now, hopefully I'm at the computer when it comes up for sale :p

Awesome, thanks! It only allowed me to run it at 2 minute intervals as s shortest available though. Well, I've got both running now. Now, hopefully I'm at the computer when it comes up for sale :p

click on the "click to view Alert Box" icon to bring up all the alerts you've set. on the right it'll show how often it checks for updates; just click on that then go to "custom interval" at the bottom of the pull down menu.

Argh... I keep getting false alarms (my heart skips a beat when I hear my alarm via Update Scanner) when HLJ keeps updating their Euro pricing...

And since we're briefly off the topic of the 25G, anyone have any tips on making a decent Gerwalk pose with the super packs on? Seems like there's no room to pose the shoulders at all...

Back on the G, good luck to y'all in the preorder hunt. Michel's fighter sure is purty, but I'm sitting this round out!

I had the alertbox set to monitor the "Order Stop" status text on the page, and it actually did change a few times, but only when they tweaked the page for some other unknown reason. The spacing changed once for instance. :p

I think I need to run the monitor on my desktop instead of my laptop though.. I had it set to refresh the page every 30 seconds, but woke up to find that Firefox had crashed some time during the night. That add on is pretty processor intensive for some reason.

I ordered a Durandal and the VF-171 from Nippon Yasan yesterday. But now I'm finding out that Paypal has it listed as Unclear until sometime between Friday and Next Tuesday to clear payment. Truly a disappointment. If I can avoid this place I shall.

When you fold down the back section be very carefull when u try to fold back to fighter mode, because my vf-25s got a very strong joint and i ended breaking one of the two plastic part that holds the back section.

I finally received a VF-25S, the first renewal that I can actually play with. Can you guys enlighten me about possible break points or areas I have to look out for while transforming? For example, my ver 1 VF-25 that I recently sold had paint that came off around the hull near where the head sat in plane mode. I don't want the same to happen to this bird.

When you fold down the back section be very carefull when u try to fold back to fighter mode, because my vf-25s got a very strong joint and i ended breaking one of the two plastic part that holds the back section.

Ack! That sucks. I will definitely keep that in mind.

At this point I think it would be easier to get front row Justin Bieber tickets...

I have been leaving my laptop on at night and when I randomly wake up, I refresh HLJ, groan and then go back to sleep. I keep asking myself why I am going through all of this. But at this point I have so much time invested I'd hate to quit now with nothing to show for it. But I am probably going to end up with nothing to show for it anyway.

I have to go out of town next week for work and won't be able to monitor websites at all. If I don't score one before then I know all hope is lost by that point. :(

Edited by Rabidweezil

Well, I plan on staying up in person tonight. If it's anything like last time, it went up about a week after AmiAmi, so tonight might be it.

Have to say, I've never been so disappointed to not be woken up in the middle of the night. :p

technically, HLJ's 171 preorder opened up a week after it's own placeholder page went up, they just happened to put the place holder up the same night as AmiAmi that time. so it may be Sunday night/Monday morning.

:edit:

You know what would be absolutely hilarious? If Bandai decides to use one of the odd decos exclusive to the Master file book as the basis for a tamashii web exclusive repaint, and that one ended up being more plentiful than any of the canon show schemes because it was the only one anybody could actually get a preorder in on.

Edited by anime52k8

You know why I want this VF-25G? So I can trade for a VF-25S. I got burned on that preorder from BBTS, so I'm waiting to pay a fair price from HLJ and then hopefully trade it. It's cool looking, but I like Ozma's head sculpt better.

I have been leaving my laptop on at night and when I randomly wake up, I refresh HLJ, groan and then go back to sleep. I keep asking myself why I am going through all of this. But at this point I have so much time invested I'd hate to quit now with nothing to show for it. But I am probably going to end up with nothing to show for it anyway.

Same here <_<

But I'm a couple of days away from losing my patience and pre-ordering a second 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers or/and the third 1/60 VF-1A CF DYRL? type.

Bandai does not want my money.

You know why I want this VF-25G? So I can trade for a VF-25S. I got burned on that preorder from BBTS, so I'm waiting to pay a fair price from HLJ and then hopefully trade it. It's cool looking, but I like Ozma's head sculpt better.

I am also trying to get the VF-25G to trade for Ozma. I already have Alto and don't want to have the whole gang, just the main characters.