1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Also, it’s fairly evident that Yamato do nothing these days without Mr. Kawamori’s supervision at several stages of development; so because the angles of wings and fins are a detail so evident, I would say this is how he wants them to be.

Just like how the v.1 DX VF-25 was fat and chunky just like Kawamori intended all along, and the CG was wrong? Or how Yamato's first VF-0A was how Shin's was REALLY supposed to look? :p:D

Just like how the v.1 DX VF-25 was fat and chunky just like Kawamori intended all along, and the CG was wrong? Or how Yamato's first VF-0A was how Shin's was REALLY supposed to look? :p:D

Well, the v.1 DX VF-25 was Bandai's and the VF-0A is ancient history, so no ;)

I mean more like the more recent VF-19 and VF-17.

If get multiples, and there's someone who didn't get one at all, I'm selling it to them at my total cost of the one only. I would want anyone members here to be able to not get burned on this. Not doing this for kudos, or points, but if I ended up being one of those, I'd hope someone did it for me as well. Hope it all plays out good, we'll see.

^Very considerate. We need more people like you in the collecting biz Jasonc, and not those scalpers who order order multiples or cases just to sell em off at super high prices later on for their own profit. But this being Yamato, I doubt it'd come down to that, even with an exclusive tag.

^Very considerate. We need more people like you in the collecting biz Jasonc, and not those scalpers who order order multiples or cases just to sell em off at super high prices later on for their own profit. But this being Yamato, I doubt it'd come down to that, even with an exclusive tag.

Yeah, hopefully, and thanks. Again, I don't want praise or anything like that, cause it really comes down to actually doing it if needed, but I would just hope someone would do it for me if push came to shove. I didn't even try for the YF-29, as I was prett over it after getting the first one, but this item is different. I'm setting aside $25/week for ths. That way, it'll be like it doesn't even see the bank money. I will say this, if they do put out this, then a Hikaru, I hope to have at least 3 total. 2 at least of this release, and 1 Hikaru. Afterall, Hikaru can only pilot one VF-4, right?

I will say this, if they do put out this, then a Hikaru, I hope to have at least 3 total. 2 at least of this release, and 1 Hikaru. Afterall, Hikaru can only pilot one VF-4, right?

I'm in for at least 2 as well. I'm *REALLY* pulling for the scheme I'm seeing in the drawing earlier with the grey nosecone. I love it, cannon be damned. So that makes it one of these and a Hikaru scheme from Flashback. OH and a VFX scheme! That makes three for me. Roy Focker's ghost can fly the one with the grey nosecone B))

Edited by xrentonx

I plan on doing this with the 171 if both of my orders come in too.

I'm totally loving the color scheme, never liked the jolly roger symbol too much, but that's just me :p .

If they went with this scheme and stuck the Jolly Roger's on it for the hell of it, I'd be in heaven.

while it's not an amazing scheme, I actually like it more than the proper FB2012 scheme. that said, I would give anything for this:

:edit: Of course, you'd have to replace the Jolly Roger with a playboy bunny for proper VX-4 hotness.

fanon-vf-4-ravenclean-fighter.gif

Edited by anime52k8

The basic line art for the VF-4 has the Jolly Rogers markings so most Garage Kit makers just went with that. Since the promo poster for the game also has a faux Jolly Rogers mark on the tail (no skull and crossbones but the tailfins are colored red and black), people got confused as to what the VF-X version was meant to look like. The game guide I have doesn't have really any clear screen caps of it so I can see most fans unknowingly conflating the two color schemes as being the same.

She's a lovely ship - Yamato has achieved a beautiful sculpt so far! The rings from the prototype process are pretty obvious, so there are certainly going to be some changes to the final product. The CAD tells us at the very least the foot paddles are going to be different, and odds are those panels on the inside of the intakes are going to show jet turbines when all is said and done. I'm guessing the rectangular insets on the VF-4's fuselage are going to be locking tabs for the torso transformation (that bodes well for stability). The battroid CAD looks really good - while I do think they could have engineered the chest "cowling" to slide back a bit more and can think of a visually cleaner ways to approach the arms, they really captured the deadly crusader look and managed to balance the longer nosecone and legs with the torso and arms - that and I suspect their approach is going to be rock solid and playable. Yamato does really manage to give you the feeling that this is how it was always supposed to look.

Didn't both the VF-X promo poster and screencaps show the VF-4 with a white nosecone? I thought the arrows were red there too? Well, I'm hardly a VF-X expert, and frankly, I love the sculpt so far way too much to bring myself to gripe about the paintscheme.

As far as the tailfins, if there are multiple different depictions they might have decided to just leave that area blank and print more stickers so buyers can decorate it to their tastes. I can't see why they wouldn't include jolly roger markings on a sticker sheet, heck, it wouldn't even surprise me to see NUNS markings.

While I was hoping for the Hikaru scheme, I do nonetheless really like this as well. It's funny, in other circumstances we would have people clamoring for white or grey schemes for customizing - this does make a pretty sweet CF VF-4. Still, I can see how some people are going to be disappointed - not getting the 2012 scheme for 2012 when that's the last valk we get to see Hikaru in is a bit of a letdown. This bird is a bittersweet beauty to begin with.

Being, heh, well below medium income and not having anyone who's going to be giving me holiday or birthday gifts, I usually only get the paint schemes I like the most with the Valk that is most representative of an era for me. Personally all I have in my collection so far are the V2 Hikaru 1J and the Isamu Dyson YF-19 valkyries. However I've wanted a VF-4 for a LONG time - after all it was a poster from Flashback 2012 that first alerted me to the fact that Macross existed outside and beyond the Rowboat-ech I grew up with. That beautiful plane and the elegant character designs stuck in my brain until I finally got online to find out more. So the sheer possibility of this being the only release means I'm going to get it regardless of whether it's Hikaru's or not. If they release a Hikaru down the pike, I will get that as well.

For a guy that has an almost pathalogical aversion to buying repaints thats saying a LOT. Keep in mind this will probably require Top-Ramen and an IV.

So I guess they only want their pictures to be "revealed". Makes no damn sense for them to tell people not to take pictures if they end up putting it up on their blog anyways..

Or at least ask for copies of the pictures other people take so they can reveal them with better focus.

Nose looks chunky and not stylized enough but I like what I'm seeing, a definite buy for me.

Really? I presume you haven’t seen the previous pictures. Some people complained about just the opposite. But whatever, we need better pictures.

I read "battroid torso revealed", looked at the picture and thought "Where? And what's that chubby little plane above the VF-4?"

Duh....

Anyway...

WANT want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want

It's true... repeat the same word often enough and it loses all meaning. Kinda fun, though.

While the side profile does look pretty good, It would be cool to see the torso up close and possibly from a few different angles like we've seen the jet proto. In the past the finished product almost always looked better than the CAD, and the CAD looks pretty good on this. I do kinda hope it comes with that stand, although I'm pretty sure it's not going to need it - the CAD shows spaces for landing gear and Yamato has been doing an fantastic job at jointing and balancing their valks lately. I hope they continue the trend and shock us by showing such a top heavy valk doing a crane kick without support.

Yes, the little superdeformed valkyrie does look pretty cute! Although I'm pretty sure its not transformable. . . . Heh, wasn't there a sketch for a transformable superdeformed VF-4 a while back too, that would make a pretty sweet toy for the people who like the big headed eggs.

As much as I would like to complain about how controlling Yamato is about pictures, at least now they ARE sharing things pretty regularly instead of just leaving six month dry spells. Perhaps it's a give and take thing, as long as they know they are in control of what gets shown and when, then they feel more comfortable as a company sharing more often. If that's the case, I'm perfectly happy with waiting a little after fairs and showings if I know that those aren't going to be the only times we find out anything.

If they hadn't been sharing CAD so readily over the past few months I'd worry that it was possible that someone else has the rights to FB 2012, and because Yamato only has rights to the VF-X version, they're afraid someone will take a look at the designs and say "hey, we weren't going to do this before because it looked like a pain in the a$$, but lookie here, finished prototype!". I suppose another way to think of it, is that as long as they can prove to themselves they are in control of the design process of something that isn't likely to be used by another company, they might feel more comfortable once they start working on something that could . . . .

I wouldn't imply that Yamato is really worried about competition from other companies as right now everything must be authorized by Big West and the only other manufacturer of transforming Valkyries is Bandai, who had little success expanding VF100's and VF Himetal.

And the most recent Garage Kit maker is Experten, who already did a VF-4 as one of his first projects.

the nose underside is supposed to be slimmer and have an upward slant. Of course, I'm basing myself on the Club-M version model.

I supposed Yamato had to make the compromise so the landing gear could fit and proper transformation, I could maybe guess this is why they maswe the nosecone longer (which some have already commented) to give the illusion of a stylized nose. Or could just be blurry angle. :ph34r:

bb_vf-4finishedpic2.jpg

P7180078.jpg

P7180094.jpg

Dave_VF4_010.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie addict

the nose underside is supposed to be slimmer and have an upward slant. Of course, I'm basing myself on the Club-M version model.

I supposed Yamato had to make the compromise so the landing gear could fit and proper transformation, I could maybe guess this is why they maswe the nosecone longer (which some have already commented) to give the illusion of a stylized nose. Or could just be blurry angle. :ph34r:

You must have missed the entire original discussion we had about the VF-4. It had zero underside slant in the first CAD images. Now it does actually have one. Yamato doesn't base their designs on other stylistic interpretations. They base them on the Line art proper. As such, the nose is a little too needle-like right now for many people.