Just read an article that Stallone's "Bullet to the Head" tanked at the box office, they said it is a bad omen for Bruce that Stallone's and Arnold's movies tanked. In the case of Stallone's film - I don't think I've ever even heard of it before seeing the box office returns today...

All three are going to be netflix rentals for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to give it a chance, hoping it would've been at least decent or passable. I wanted my money back and I used gift cards that were given to me by a customer at work. That's how offended I was, it really hurts knowing for Valentine's Day my girlfriend and I did a Die Hard marathon and then we watched this damned abomination to end our day.

#1 opening at theaters with $61.5 million! WOW, take that Sly and Ahhhnold.

SUNDAY 1 PM, 8TH UPDATE: Fox released international numbers boasting that A Good Day to Die Hard had an “explosive weekend” with the 25-year-old franchise grossing its biggest weekend ever. It earned $61.5M from 9,595 screens in 63 markets and held the #1 market position in 32 out of 37 new openers.

I tried to give it a chance, hoping it would've been at least decent or passable. I wanted my money back and I used gift cards that were given to me by a customer at work. That's how offended I was, it really hurts knowing for Valentine's Day my girlfriend and I did a Die Hard marathon and then we watched this damned abomination to end our day.

Wow, I was considering doing something similar. Glad I didn't.

Wow, I was considering doing something similar. Glad I didn't.

Why, just why?

Let's say, for the sake of argument, the very idea of a 5th Die Hard movie wasn't enough to scare you away. And then let's say you completely missed the trailer--just didn't see it. Going one step further, let's say you completely missed the word of mouth on Facebook, internet forums, and the like.

Taking all of those things out of the equation, IT GOT A 16% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES. Even worse, it was 11% on the day of release. All one has to do is look. You guys kill me. :lol:

Why, just why?

Let's say, for the sake of argument, the very idea of a 5th Die Hard movie wasn't enough to scare you away. And then let's say you completely missed the trailer--just didn't see it. Going one step further, let's say you completely missed the word of mouth on Facebook, internet forums, and the like.

Taking all of those things out of the equation, IT GOT A 16% ON ROTTEN TOMATOES. Even worse, it was 11% on the day of release. All one has to do is look. You guys kill me. :lol:

Yeah I missed all that. I wanted this to be good.

When was the last time a Die Hard movie actually was good? Maybe the second one? And that's pushing it.

I liked the second... Franchises can right themselves after a bad film. Look at how Rocky ended. Rocky 5 was horrible, but 6 was epic.

Think this was the one that epitomise why I despise Rotten Tomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_3_rise_of_the_machines/

That was one of the worst movies around and doomed what made Terminator awesome. Movie critics and reviewers there suck harder than a Dyson vacuum.

Wow, thats pretty bad. Here is another stupid one.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jackal/

That movie was totally entertaining.

Think this was the one that epitomise why I despise Rotten Tomatoes:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/terminator_3_rise_of_the_machines/

That was one of the worst movies around and doomed what made Terminator awesome. Movie critics and reviewers there suck harder than a Dyson vacuum.

At the end of the day, it's all about one's personal taste in film. While I'd personally give T3 a 6/10 (I really dug the ending), I know some people like it more and some like it less. But when a movie (lIke the new Die Hard) gets a 16%, that's a pretty solid statement about a pretty bad movie.

Keep in mind that the reviews aggrogated on RT comes from people from all walks of life. This isn't the NYT's movie critic and his circle of friends. RT works (and is popular) because it casts a wide net. It doesn't mean you'll always agree with it, and it doesn't mean that you should skip a movie that REALLY has your interest because it rated poorly there. But it's still a fairly accurate barometer of the quality of many of these movies.

After this
review, the little interest I had in the movie died:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/6837-A-Good-Day-to-Die-Hard

The last Die Hard had him beating a fighter jet and this one continues in that line. Since now the premise is basically of an immortal McClane and sidekick instead of the normal looser in over his head that made the first one awesome, why not just call it "Unbreakable II"? Better a super hero movie than to nuke the poor fridge again.

After this

review, the little interest I had in the movie died:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/6837-A-Good-Day-to-Die-Hard

The Last Boy Scout. Now THERE was an 80's grizzly tough guy movie, if there ever was one...

• 7 months later...

I'm in the middle of a Die Hard marathon, and I'm up to Die Hard with a Vengeance. It had been over a decade since I've seen the first three and I noticed the long scar across Bruce Willis' right arm from the shoulder. According to IMDb, Willis had shoulder surgery when he was 17, but I was wondering, was an "origin" to the scar ever written to John McClane's character (like Harrison Ford's chin scar in the Indiana Jones series)?

• 7 years later...