Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

I guess I'm the only one that thinks the P version has nothing over the S version in battroid mode. I like the colors, head unit and the look of the folded wings better on the S than any of the other versions in battroid. The P version's head actually looks worse to me now because I can see the Kai's eyes (and maybe mouth) underneath that green face mask. I used to think it was just some robotic looking detail underneath it which I would have preferred.

The VF-19P should have 2 x internal high maneuverability micro-missile launchers and not 2 x internal weapons bays with 12 x medium-range high maneuverability missiles, am I wrong?

I think he's right... does anyone have any images to show what these look like?

The VF-19P should have 2 x internal high maneuverability micro-missile launchers and not 2 x internal weapons bays with 12 x medium-range high maneuverability missiles, am I wrong? post-12283-0-33910600-1349412836_thumb.jpg

You're right. The figure has the correct missile launch openings on the leg covers but Yamato probably left the "Little Rock" missiles inside since they were already present in the earlier releases.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shoulder's opened to reveal the Kai's internal speakers too.

You're right. The figure has the correct missile launch openings on the leg covers but Yamato probably left the "Little Rock" missiles inside since they were already present in the earlier releases.

I wouldn't be surprised if the shoulder's opened to reveal the Kai's internal speakers too.

Yeah, it looks like the hinge is certainly there, but it's unclear if that's just on the prototype.

Oh, that’s definitely the painted prototype.

I know, my point was that it is unclear if the hinge is only on there because it is a prototype, or if the final product will keep it.

I'm thinking that feature might remain on there just because the missile hatch is still there, too.

Technically speaking, masking out the eyes and then spraying this thing in red would be an easy and completely accurate custom.

Well, I'm not very well versed in customization, but I have heard that the glossy finish of the VF-19 mold plus its tight tension points (e.g. the chest block locking onto the nosecone) leaves it prone to scratches and paint peeling.

It might even be better to simply paint a couple of areas white on the body of the VF-19Kai, and do a couple of part swaps if you want a full red 19P.

Well, I'm not very well versed in customization, but I have heard that the glossy finish of the VF-19 mold plus its tight tension points (e.g. the chest block locking onto the nosecone) leaves it prone to scratches and paint peeling.

It might even be better to simply paint a couple of areas white on the body of the VF-19Kai, and do a couple of part swaps if you want a full red 19P.

but the areas that need to be white are the areas that are most likely to get scratched during transformation.

The collection of cameras is much cooler. I love the mold on the 19P so far. I'll likely end up getting one and repainting it into something less offensive to my eyes. ;)