Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Considering his position, Docker could've been 100 too. Though, going by the animation, I don't think any of the aircraft had numbers anywhere in the actual series anyway. :p

I'm still holding out hope for a generic gray version at some point. I wouldn't even care if they put any markings on it at all, just mold everything in gray plastic, and be done with it. Or, if you have to use markings, use the VF-19F's paint apps. Gray with white highlights wouldn't look bad at all, and it'd be pretty close to one of the Master Files schemes.

Well they give you a bunch of 101 stickers on the 19S and a collection of 101 through 105 stickers on the 19F so assume Docker is 101 and go from there unless you REALLY feel like chopping up every single sticker on your sheet to recreate a 100 for everything.

Is it that the lower legs will go further forward but the ankles can't bend back far enough to compensate?

Yes. You really only have two stances. Lower leg bent forward with nose rammed into the ground or the legs set back behind the body (which looks stupid) balanced on the tips of the toes facing straight. You really can't get anything stable in between. You can splay the legs really wide in order to get the body lower but it really doesn't do much. If the ankles folded back farther then you could fold both the calves forward and have it look like it was crouching, you could adjust the legs to be forward/back and splayed and have various angles of stepping/motion. Instead you get two tenuous poses, one that looks okay (nose in ground) and one that looks completely stupid (sitting flat.) The arm articulation doesn't work particularly great with the Gerwalk setup either.

I wish there was a way I could personally tell Yamato as a massive Gerwalk fan that their setup for the 19 sucks.

I dont know if someone happen the same but like the vf 17 (I like the "D" but looks better the toy with "S") in the line art prefer the "S" but with the pics I like more the "F" :blink:

The 19S is pretty cool looking in Battroid but overall I think the F looks better all around in every mode. I always thought the S line-art looked kinda off personally though.

Edited by Mommar

I still don't get why people criticize the 19's Gerwalk the way they do. Then again I don't know why so many fans of the show make fun of or completely ignore Gerwalk all together.

1) The long cockpit/fuselage section makes the gerwalk look very unbalanced.

2) The arms go over the wings, which looks awkward.

But the bottom line is, it's aesthetic preference, which is subjective.

For what it's worth, neither of those points bother me, I like it just fine.

2) The arms go over the wings, which looks awkward.

That was always my issue with it----which also leads to the "half-raised/pivoted" chest section to lift the arms up over the wings. It just never looked that good even when Kawamori drew it, and it works even less well in an actual figure.

That was always my issue with it----which also leads to the "half-raised/pivoted" chest section to lift the arms up over the wings. It just never looked that good even when Kawamori drew it, and it works even less well in an actual figure.

Precisely. You get the sense the figure has no gerwalk mode but rather that someone gave up halfway through the transformation process.

Isamu didn't use the gerwalk mode during the test flight in the Macross Plus Movie Edition. I don't remember the exact timing position in the movie, but he went straight from the plane mode to the battroid mode. There was no gerwalk mode, lol.

I call your quote and raise you a screen cap;

post-1623-0-77543500-1347521541_thumb.jpg

He also uses it once as when he first flies the valk;

post-1623-0-24041000-1347521527_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-20994000-1347521534_thumb.jpg

You're welcome :D

I call your quote and raise you a screen cap;

post-1623-0-77543500-1347521541_thumb.jpg

He also uses it once as when he first flies the valk;

post-1623-0-24041000-1347521527_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-20994000-1347521534_thumb.jpg

You're welcome :D

I know... I was just trolling, lol. I meant that small sequence from the movie where he went straight from fighter to battroid... I believe it was right after he drew up the dino bird in the sky.