Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

"Go go go Godzilla!" He looks big enough to fit into the tennis shoe under his tail! We're waiting on the 2012 Godzilla Christmas ornament to be released. We've got all the others except where's he's stomping the maser.

The Mak figures are looking good. - MT

Working on Hasegawa's VE-1 right now. Some cockpit shots before it gets closed up, and the detail lost.

Nice! I've never been able to get those tiny pilots looking that sharp.

Nice. Love the color choice for the aircrew helmets.

Kenny

Left over EVA Unit 1 light purple (eva blue-grey) from the Mr Color Unit 1 color set. Pays to hang on to your old colors!

I agree. I tried working on a 1/48 pilot and I ended up hiding it in the storage closet because nothing that ugly should ever see the light of day.

Small brushes, like Mr Brush Round 20/0, and a Seiundo 10/0, plus a magnifying lamp work wonders for your small modeling.

In general, I'm really beginning to like Seiundo's brushes. I started out with the 10/0, then bought 2 different 3 packs, one for figures, and one for armor. So I'm pretty well set for fine brushes, and also big and dry brush brushes.

(edited to change my link to the 20/0 brush)

Oh yeah, and since I live in Japan, Hobby Search won't give me the English page, even when I hand type it in. Just slap the "eng" into the address, and you'll get the English page.

Edited by Jefuemon

Great cockpit Jefeumon! The Mig looks great VF-19, nice weathering good. The Ikazuki is coming along great Derex. Working on the micro SDF-1 next?

Here's what's on my bench (and not taking up much room ;) ). Just some 1:350 hints at what I'm hoping to sell after we're all done blowing our money on the chillins over the holidays ^_^ - MT

post-2518-0-89332000-1352773127_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-91546700-1352773223_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-65559500-1352773342_thumb.jpg

post-2518-0-33254400-1352773362_thumb.jpg

Great cockpit Jefeumon! The Mig looks great VF-19, nice weathering good. The Ikazuki is coming along great Derex. Working on the micro SDF-1 next?

Here's what's on my bench (and not taking up much room ;) ). Just some 1:350 hints at what I'm hoping to sell after we're all done blowing our money on the chillins over the holidays ^_^ - MT

Count me in for that. Micro blob UN Spacy army, here we come.

Thanks guys! It's been a great week! Thank God I got my Security + certification, good weather to paint the Daedalus, and got most of the arms done for the Spartan. Next is a toss up between doing the destroid legs and a top or a Monster. - MT

Got a little more today on the Frazi. I finally finished detailing the BFG mounts.

111_3706.jpg

111_3707.jpg

I also got a good start on the extra RCS thrusters I wanted to add. The lateral ones still need a bit of trimming. I've mostly finished the roll/pitch pairs on top of the thing, filling and sculpting as I went.

111_3708.jpg

111_3709.jpg

RCS thrusters are going pretty fast. Hope to have them finished next week. Hope to...

Kenny

(read in Michael Caine's voice)

"So, little fella, I'm curious. Is everything in proportion?"

[Anubis nods unsure]

"You know, your warp core, ammo storage, flux capacitor, spare 20,000 lbs of thrust... Yeah, don't be shy, let's have a look."

[Anubis transforms to bot mode]

"My lord! You're a tripod. What you been feeding that thing? Good thing is, if you ever get tired, you can use it as a kickstand!"

[Anubis nods, smiling]

Edited by Chronocidal

The Frazi is progressing great. Still don't know what it's supposed to look like ^_^

For the Anubis - Ha ha ha! That's what happens when designers mix saki with late night TV! I guess the barcodes are for quick checkout :D Despite all our jokes, it's agreat build!!! - MT

Count me in! :) I am still waiting to hear back for the armored J. :(

Edited by vt102

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Models presents

Forgeworld Thunderhawk Rescue.

I inherited this a long while back, from a friend leaving Japan. Seemed a shame to see it get scrapped.

Since I have finished with the Glaug earlier than expected, and I have a new Dark Angels force in the works, seemed like time to go from black to green.

post-15195-0-72683100-1353312167_thumb.jpg

Edited by nautilus