Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Well next project on my work bench is a 1/48 RX-78-2 kit. Man I dunno how the hell you can paint in small areas that are in small deep areas blocked off by dividing panels that tape just can't get too.

USe the head of a straight pin; put a bulb of paint on in and "walk" it around the tiny area. Or, use an airbrush to hit those areas with several light, misting coats. You can also hit areas like that with multiple washes. Put enough of them into a given area and you'll saturate it properly.

Kenny

Been a busy morning...

Regult Rescue, complete (bar the lettering which I am too shakey to do - but I am sure I can find some 1/100 decals somewhere).

post-15195-0-98621300-1345875947_thumb.jpg

The Mikasa. a Tenshodo model - sold as a finished display item, but I managed to scrounge an unpainted example and give it it's earlier colours (even if the masts and fittings are anachronistic).

post-15195-0-51738600-1345876097_thumb.jpg

Finally, transforming a silver grunt Dalek into a swankier officer. This is one of the RC toys from the Peter Cushing movie from the late 60s (released a few years ago, I think by Master Replicas?)

post-15195-0-18646200-1345876166_thumb.jpg

I have some Supervision Army waterslide stickers from the 1/20,000 models. Don't know if those will work, but let me know.

anyone have any explanations? fellow member "Nuyhauser" perhaps?

Most models are generally made to be static displays.

As for my workbench, I'm just itching to take final pics, but the pilot is holding me up!

Edited by PetarB

Finished my Round2 1/1000 TMP Enterprise. pain in the ass it really was. I think in the future I'm going to stick with the third party decals. When I was building my Sovereign class back in May I had a easier time and had more details and accuracy with Federationmodels decals than I did with AMT's Round 2.

I've never had so many wrinkled decals or decals that just didn't fit right than I did with this one. Still, from a distance it looks great. The stand is a joke though. Even with glue I had to tape it up to keep the ball from sliding.

EnterpriseTop.jpg

EnterpriseSide.jpg

EnterpriseBottom.jpg

Edited by Hikuro

Just completed Hasegawa 1/48 VF-19. This is a fairly big kit with lots of details. The fitting of the parts could be better, but that would drive up the cost of the kit.

This is painted in medium naval gray with mild weathering.

Here are a few photos.

post-7534-0-69464700-1345856837_thumb.jpegpost-7534-0-95224100-1345856851_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-0-30166100-1345856877_thumb.jpegpost-7534-0-13992100-1345856894_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-0-90725700-1345856906_thumb.jpeg

Very Very nice. I really dig the weathering on a low visibility scheme. I've got an old YF-19 that I should fix up.

Once again I intrude upon this thread of greats to show a humble project of my own. Given my limited skills and tools I think it's going pretty well:

IS this like an E- series Jagpanther, or something futuristic? It looks pretty good whatever it is.

MY builds have been going steadily. I have two more spinny winged thingies... spitfires this time.

5S1.jpg

5S4.jpg

5S5.jpg

5S7.jpg

Up next: I'm building a Hasegawa B-26 and finishing up a long delayed Dorito shaped machine.

Edited by Noyhauser

Damn, those spits look nice.

My AFV is a fictional WWII tank destoryer from the PS1 game Panzer Front

post-659-1190669503_thumb.jpg

I have modified the design a bit by going a bit more realistic (conventional engine and more modest gun), and went with a more jagdpantheresque roof arrangement.

I needed a serious break from Falcon weathering so I broke out this little reissue Snap-Tite kit yesterday. This has always been one of my favorite SW ships and I never had the toy as a kid, so I'm gonna repaint and weather this up nice. This is just kind of a mock-up pic. It's not the most accurate kit in the world but it only has like 15 parts so it should be quick and fun!

post-11393-0-97525500-1346093213_thumb.jpg

I know what you mean..FineMolds kit of this in 1:72 would be sweet! I am loving all the new Snap-Tite SW kits..they have good detail, PRE-painted pilots!! :D :D :D and go together great. With a little glue, paint and weathering they are nice simple kits for everyone to enjoy.

Edited by derex3592

I think it's cool I'm not the only dad with a little girl who loves Star Wars! Those snap kits are great for kids.

That was her first Star Wars kit. She's also done one Gundam kit and has another on standby for our next daddy/daughter day.

Streams flow into rivers and river to the sea... That's how all the best engineers get their start, Benson; with parents who are receptive to tinkering and not too belligerent about paint on the walls... ;)

Happy birthday to me! In addition to an ear and nose hair trimmer (man, I really must be getting old to appreciate a gift like that!) my wife bought me these

post-12411-0-79255600-1346236150_thumb.jpg

in addition to a 1/72 VF-11 Battroid resin kit.

Have I ever said how much I love my wife? :wub:

Awesome,, my son wants the legos star destroyer,,, um,, yeah. Ill be getting a model instead

LOL. I saw the price on that and about pooped myself. After watching my daughter destroy the lego Black Pearl, I shudder when I think about what she'll do to that.

But Legos are meant to be destroyed, and then put back together, and destroyed, and ........ :D

Just put together the Lego X-wing my daughter got for her birthday

I agree but I love those big sets and think they should stay together. Little things are meant to be built, dismantled, and made part of "the pile".

I agree but I love those big sets and think they should stay together. Little things are meant to be built, dismantled, and made part of "the pile".

Yeah, I got a lot of theme legos,, and they always seem to get disassembled,, I let em have their imagination, latest kick is lego trailer for everything,, even my daughter is in on it

I'm diggin those Lord of the Rings Lego's but damn, they seem like they are $10 more than all the others of the same size. I'd rather just buy a lot off of evilbay. Oh well, I think it's about time we find a Lego thread. I'll post pics of my daughter's next Gundam build this weekend.

Edited by Benson13

Is it terrible that I bought the giant Lego Millenium Falcon, and never assembled it? I got it (partly) for all the gray pieces (along with the original UCS Star Destroyer) because I know I'll be able to make some epic aircraft with those parts. :)

I think I will NEED to get one of those Imp Shuttle kits though, I had no idea those even existed. I have the original kit, and it's a mess of badly fitting parts.. not to mention, it's really huge, and difficult to display. Those little snap Star Wars kits are rather nice though, I picked up the Jedi Starfighter and ARC-170 kits.. no where near the same scale though.

Now.. the amusing thing. I know I've uploaded the pic here before, but I can't for the life of me remember where it is, or I'd link it.. I made a render of a low-vis YF-19 a long time ago, as a set of textures intended for Flight Sim use.. and it's nearly IDENTICAL to that angled pic above. I need to find it, because it just looks so similar.