Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Dumb question here. When I was into airplanes the F-16 was called the Fighting Falcon...so...what makes it different to be called a Viper now? I'm assuming the role or upgrades made?

When HLJ had the 1:72 Hasa valk kits on sale, I bought 5 of the super battroids, 5 of the "SJA" battroids, and 10 of the fighters to do the 5 (Roy/Hikaru/Max/Milia/Fodder) schemes in all three modes just like Erikos is doing now. Thanks for showing us. The proportions are pretty good, and I don't see many issues. Like everything else, just need the time.

Dumb question here. When I was into airplanes the F-16 was called the Fighting Falcon...so...what makes it different to be called a Viper now? I'm assuming the role or upgrades made?

When HLJ had the 1:72 Hasa valk kits on sale, I bought 5 of the super battroids, 5 of the "SJA" battroids, and 10 of the fighters to do the 5 (Roy/Hikaru/Max/Milia/Fodder) schemes in all three modes just like Erikos is doing now. Thanks for showing us. The proportions are pretty good, and I don't see many issues. Like everything else, just need the time.

Viper is an unofficial nickname for the F-16. Pilots and ground crews affectionately call them that way.

I lived in Colo Spgs as a kid when the Thunderbirds switched from F-4 Phantoms at the AFA graduation flyover, to the F-16 showing up at the the next Memorial Day Airshow. Also, going up Ute Pass and staying at Manitou Lake, A-7 (SLUFF's) and the occasional A-10 would do "knife edge" turns zipping up and down the pass. We lived just West of the flightpath to Pete Field and saw all kinds of military planes...including an SR-71 coming in at eye-level to land one day (once). We also got to see the Enterprise on the back of the 747 carrier in sixth grade. For a while, even the Concorde made regular runs into the Springs, because it was too loud for Stapleton Airport in Denver (pre-DIA). The last year I lived there, during the M-Day airshow, they had a F-117 sitting there with a rope around it with SP's standing guard, holding M-16s.

Israeli F-16 "Sufa" Storm? I thought it meant "Such Ugly F-ing Additions."

Nice job on the models. The top one almost looks like the 25th anniversary Valk paint scheme.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the "Cobra Maneuver" makes more sense now that I read the story. When the F-16XL did it, NASA called it a "Vertical Translation." The guy got more for naming the plane than the gold dollar coin we get for a patent here at work.

Edited by Wasabi-san

More Desert Falcon work:

8386412971_9ace45319a_z.jpg

I'm building the Emirates' version straight from the box (Hasegawa).

Is there a place where I can find a description of all the humps and intakes they put on this thing?

I can help you out with the CFTs (Conformal Fuel Tanks), which are basically the FAST Packs for the F-16. Those are meant to carry additional fuel (obviously) to extend the ferry range and loitering time of the aircraft. Pros are that they don't compromise the aerodynamic performance they way the EFTs (External Fuel Tanks) do; Cons are that they cannot be jettisoned.

For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_And_Sensor_Tactical_%28FAST%29_Packs

The quadruple parralell antennae across the nose (and possibly on the lower intakes) are probably IFF antenna. The two buldges either side of that are probably the missile detection sensors. The larger teardrop on the left side of the nose is probably a passive infra red ID system (similar to the Russian and European systems). Similar bulges can also be built in night vision systems. The side bulges on either side of the forward part of the canopy are probably ECM antenna. The eastern birds have many variants and packages from many companies. There's quite a few of them and various counties rivalries seem to breed more opporunity for another firm to develope something for their less "skilled" allies. There's a reason the 16's are popular though! I hope that helps somewhat. - MT

Black rock shooter?

Wow. Kicker is pretty sharp on this. He didn't cheat by looking at the Figma topic which I posted the photos with figures in them earlier. Good guess everyone, but EXO's was pretty funny....a display for Spicoli's shoes.

http://www.macrosswo...ic=25242&st=315

This is a small dio-display for Black★Rock Shooter. It is small enough to fit inside a Detolf display. I wish I could do a larger set but space constriction dictates a smaller approach.

post-7534-0-91566100-1358552682_thumb.jpg

post-7534-0-07167400-1358552696_thumb.jpg

post-7534-0-80696100-1358552894_thumb.jpg

The checkered shelf liner (by Contact) is actually available at most home improvement stores for $3.99, a large roll.

I actually have the Medicom one and like I said i saw the movie last month and there were a lot of checkered stuff on the screen LOL.. but that is an awesome dio!!! Ron will you be ever interested in making a street corner dio for the Joker in 1/6 scale?

I might have time to squeeze a custom dio in if it is small and simple like the Black Rock Shooter display (14"Hx14"Wx10"L). If it is complicated, the parts might break in transit as it did with the Macross dios for several members here. Luckily they were simple repairs. PM me and I'll see if can be done.

I might have time to squeeze a custom dio in if it is small and simple like the Black Rock Shooter display (14"Hx14"Wx10"L). If it is complicated, the parts might break in transit as it did with the Macross dios for several members here. Luckily they were simple repairs. PM me and I'll see if can be done.

How about something like this Ron

DSC08078.JPG

or a podium

DSC08083.JPG

Water color, or artists gouache, to be specific.

I have yet to try watercolours but I have heard good things about them. What do you do for a sealant? When I have used sealant on ground chalk washes, I am never happy with the results - although fixups and cleanups are very easy! I love oil washes except for the fact that I have to leave them for a week before I can scrub away the excess...

When I have used sealant on ground chalk washes, I am never happy with the results - although fixups and cleanups are very easy!

I'm planning on doing a bit of weathering using ground chalk washes on an FoC Jazz figure. What exactly happens when you use sealant on ground chalk washes? I plan on clear coating it using Tamiya matte coat.

8410924223_052aa581f2_z.jpg

Almost there.

Mechtech, thanks for the info on the equipment.

Petar, after some unpleasant results with flat cotes, I don't seal the weathering at all. Once dry, the paint is quite resistant to touching. This might not work so well with larger areas treated with chalk.

I just love your build:)

8410924223_052aa581f2_z.jpg

Almost there.

Mechtech, thanks for the info on the equipment.

Petar, after some unpleasant results with flat cotes, I don't seal the weathering at all. Once dry, the paint is quite resistant to touching. This might not work so well with larger areas treated with chalk.

Progressively awesome !!