Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

9 hours ago, Thom said:

We need a Star Trek transporter, so I can just pop into places like this at a moment's notice!

Sure! Just be mindful of the time difference. You wouldn't want to appear in a store like that after midnight and the alarms go off!

21 hours ago, SteveTheFish said:

Sure! Just be mindful of the time difference. You wouldn't want to appear in a store like that after midnight and the alarms go off!

With a transporter, you just get your stuff and leave the cash on the counter.

just made me think that the transporter tech is probably gonna lead to a lot of theft. And the anti burglary systems would be absolutely horrific by scrambling the particles in an anti transporter field leaving you as a mess of meat and goo out in the back alley

2 hours ago, Big s said:

With a transporter, you just get your stuff and leave the cash on the counter.

just made me think that the transporter tech is probably gonna lead to a lot of theft. And the anti burglary systems would be absolutely horrific by scrambling the particles in an anti transporter field leaving you as a mess of meat and goo out in the back alley

More like just holding you in a pattern buffer tank until the authorities can arrive, then materialize you in the back of the police cruiser.

25 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

More like just holding you in a pattern buffer tank until the authorities can arrive, then materialize you in the back of the police cruiser.

Yeah, but the pattern buffer tank costs way too much and they’d go out of budget, so the scrambler works better for small business. They just go out back with a hose and all’s good

1 hour ago, Thom said:

I like the 'mess of meat and goo' part.:D

When people with too much cash buy something like a transporter to steal from the poor it makes it tough to feel sorry for them when they get pasted in a back alley in the middle of the night 

9 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

pff.... not to the police cruiser, straight into the station man :)

Sorry guys, I've been busy lately with not much time to get on the boards.

@Urashiman You've got some great valks and I'm glad to see the builds with your son!

@SteveTheFish Like Urashiman, you're pretty prolific with your builds! It's great to see Macross getting some love! Thanks for sharing the Quadluun box photo too! Sorry about the Chromebook! Especially since so many parents are ticked off about the way Goggle collects, or really spies on user's data.

@electric indigo Your build looks great! SMOOTH finish as usual too!

@pengbuzz She looks AWESOME! I love the magnetic pieces to arm her or not. Lots of hard work to make a specially rare and COOL bird! - MT

Edited by MechTech

15 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

@wm cheng The paint scheme was 50% of why I got the kit in the first place 😄

I could drool over those mechanical details all day long.

53689979771_97c2b25552_b.jpg

53689099967_ba3368408b_b.jpg

The different shades of gray and white and the odd orange bits that make it pop out. It could easily have been muddy, but it came it really great

Thought this was funny! Check out the last name and call sign. Also some good closeups of a "Rhino" in flight. Check out the weathering on the nose too!- MT

Super Hornet Mintz Meat.JPG

4 hours ago, MechTech said:

@pengbuzz AWESOME BUILD -AND- ORIGINAL stand to go with it!!! Bringing some nostalgia back to life! - MT

On 5/4/2024 at 9:11 PM, Thom said:

Great job @pengbuzz! Congrats on the finish. She looks read for a tussle with Red Wolf!

Thanks guys! It was a monster, but it got done at last!

BTW: can anyone find something missing in that pic?

On 5/7/2024 at 9:58 AM, Thom said:

I see you actually got it to fly. No stand!

10 hours ago, MechTech said:

Oooh, yeah, no stand! I was in such a hurry, but I knew something looked different! - MT

28 minutes ago, Thom said:

All eyes were on Airwolf!

See, I knew you guys couldn't stand it!!! (yuk yuk yuk)

*runs for dear life*

Seriously though, it's amazing what 5 minutes with Photoshop can do! :D